Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Multi-Threading: Feedback.

[DE]Rebecca

@moms laptop

AMD Athlon II P320 (2x 2.1Ghz)

HD5470

4gb ddr3

Since U10 it's been worse than before. MT doesn't improve anything. Stuttering all the time + framerate drops with a bunch of mobs. (32bit and 64bit @launcher + everything off and on low ingame)

Pre U10 it went smoothly although I noticed the framerate was low. (with 64bit @launcher + everything off and on low ingame)

Both WITHOUT Dx11 enabled since an HD5xxx series wouldn't it very well anyways.

@home

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE @ 4ghz

HD6970

8gb ddr3 2000Mhz

Testing needed (@moms place at the time of posting)

Intel Core i3
No different. Same lags when Im host \ same lags when dx11 enabled \ more lags (fight with many enemies) when DOF/Motion Blur if OFF!!! ta-da-da-daaaaaa 0_o I dont know why

I've done some more testing, and in addition to not finding any perceptible bugs related to the multi-threaded renderer, I am getting more FPS pretty much everywhere, except where I am GPU limited, as should be the case.

I'm GPU limited in the new derlicts with everything maxed out, but the new renderer helps where help was needed most: while hosting.

20-25% improvement around the board while I'm host. Penalty for hosting about half what it was before.

Update 10 introduced a Multi-Threaded Rendering option in the Launcher Settings.

This is an experimental option we have introduced with the goal to improve performance on multi-core machines. Let us know if you notice higher frame-rates with this option!

*This option may not be for everyone, disable it if you encounter problems!

Please post your experiences here.

PRESENTO PROBLEMAS AL INGRESO DE DATOS PARA JUGAR..

I noticed right away, from the original configuration, only 1 of the CPU cores, in a multi-core CPU, would be utilized. I would notice 1 of the four cores using from 50 to 90%+ load, while the other 3 cores would stay around 10-20%. 

From this change, I notice two of the 4 cores on my system are using 20%-70% load, and the other two are still using 5%-20% performance load. 

It is still very obvious, though, that 1 of the cores is still the dominant loaded core.

Warframe_CPU_Usage3_.png

(Added)My CPU::

AMD Phenom II 965 BE x4 Core @ 3.6GHz

Edited by Krokar

I've observed what is my, and may be the, only real issue with multi-threaded rendering so far.

Input lag seems to have increased slightly, but perceptibly. I find myself having to lead targets slightly, even when I am the host or playing solo. This was not the case, at least not to the same extent, before. It still doesn't feel laggy like it does with vsync enabled, but if I had to guess, there is at least a one, maybe two, frame delay.

Could one of you DE guys elaborate on some of the technical aspects of the new renderer?

Hmm...

On my system (i5 2430M + Radeon 6730M + 8GB) it really made some improvements. On some mission tiles, particularly the rooms before the extraction room on the new Grineer ships/asteroid map, it usually hog my FPS a lot down to 30-ish (+/- up to 3), but now its lowest is at ~45.

Haven't tried Void maps btw...

This helped DRASTICALLY!

By turning this on I see:

- Improved FPS by 14-16

- Can now run with Nvidia PhysX on (graphics high) with absolutely no drop in FPS! 

- Load times on Entering game, maps, leaving maps have decreased by anywhere for 35-45%

Processor - AMD Phenom II x6 1045T OC'd @ 3.42 GHz

+1 Great Job

Edited by icosta27

AMD Phenom II x4 965

Gtx 760

Slightly smoother, but still at an unplayable 10-25 fps in big battles.

How? I have a:

- AMD Phenom II x6

- GTX 550 TI

I'm running at a steady 60 @ all times everything on high with PhysX on?

Try turning off the following in Warframe Options:

- DOF Motion Blur OFF

- Anti-Aliasing OFF

- Set Shadow Memory to LOW

- Turn OFF character Shadows

NVIDIA CONTROLS PANEL:

- Set your Phys X to the GTX 760

Go to your Graphics Options for warframe:

- Set the Pre-Rendered Frames to 1-2-3 (test) I set it on 2 for best performance.

- Set Threaded Optimization to Auto or On

- Power Management Mode: Set to Prefer Maximum Performance

- Make sure FXAA is OFF everything else may be set to Application Settings.

- If you use 2 monitors make sure its on multiple display performance if you use 1, single display performance.

*Optional*

Use Razr Game Booster when entering warframe to turn off all applications not necessary for gaming.

(Anyone with a Nvidia Geforce card can try this, let me know how it goes)

Give that a try and see if it helps you at all.

Edited by icosta27

Love this change! With Multi-Threaded enabled my low dips are around low 80's with everything maxed. Prior to Multi-Threading my low was around low 40's. This is a very nice change and I'm happy with this. I also noticed that overclocking helped. :)

CPU:

i7 2700k @ 4.5 GHz

32 bits and then install MSI afterburner, EVGA precision or fraps.  Make the overlay settings for FPS enable.  Fraps will work with 64 bits too.

Everyone readign this -- Go and get MSI Afterburner BTW, and you can watch everything, like the CPU core loads, temps, Voltages, and anythign that has a thermal diode for temp.  I always use it.

Been doing some more testing, and here is an example of the hosting performance improvement:

qMKLGBB.png

I am actually still mostly GPU limited now, even while hosting a full game.

Do note that the dips are not perceptible as stuttering or even a loss of smoothness. FRAPS pulls frame times fairly early in the rendering pipeline and doesn't always perfectly represent what is finally displayed.

Edited by Saenol