Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Multi-Threading: Feedback.

[DE]Rebecca

Well, Overall, My experience(I played with maxed settings) - I was 70-80% satisfied yet there are fps drops at certain parts while playing the mission with most of the maps, but not all the time. I get 5 sec fps drop & returns back to normal. I think void & phobos maps would require more concentration with regards to fps. I really appreciate the developers finally using the this option as 1st step to improve fps on this game. Looking forward to further improvising it on this feature. 8)

Edited by IIWingSaberII

Got some nice performance buffs at places... Although I really have to ask - how the hell do you render sprites the way that makes those plants in derelict drop berformance to zero? And, may there be an option to switch them off ocmpletely?

Also, those infested things seem to make game even laggier than before.

Running a laptop with pentium dual-core T4500, 3 gigs of RAM and GeForce G105M.

Edited by GTG3000

Got some nice performance buffs at places... Although I really have to ask - how the hell do you render sprites the way that makes those plants in derelict drop berformance to zero? And, may there be an option to switch them off ocmpletely?

Also, those infested things seem to make game even laggier than before.

Running a laptop with pentium dual-core T4500, 3 gigs of RAM and GeForce G105M.

turn off directx 11 in the launcher and that should fix the trees

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1075781-tweak-enable-hpet-in-bios-and-os-for-better-performance-and-fps/   If you don't have a fancy PCI card (non PCI express) then you should try HPET enable or disabled for better lag response.

this assumes that your CPU is bottlenecking, DE should advertise that the MT technology only benefits older CPUs

Possible processor crashes with multi-threading enabled.

Since I enabled the multi-threading option, the game has caused my processor to lock up 3 times.  Symptoms are that the whole PC freezes - cannot alt-tab, cannot ctrl-alt-del, cannot do anything.  The only way to correct this is to hard reboot.

I have disabled multi-threading and the issue has not reoccurred.

Processor:  Intel i7 2600

GPU: Nvidia GTX260

Edit:  Disregard the above, same crash occurred without multi-threading.

Edited by Deadl0ck

DE should advertise that the MT technology only benefits older CPUs

It doesn't only benefit older CPUs, and even the fastest CPU money can buy paired with equally expensive phase change cooling that will let you OC the snot out of it 24/7, will still result in a CPU limited Warframe when paired with most any higher-end GPU setup.

So far its great, sustained framerate at 60+, seems to max at 60, but its sustained there throughout combat with multiple mobs and animations happening at once. I haven't had any situations where the option has been at fault, in fact I think the game as a whole runs more smoothly than before.

Keep the ideas coming and congrats on a great game so far, keep it up.

z77 chip

i5 2500k 4.4GHz

2x 7970 DirecuII CF

~ during all types of homicides. ~

CPU: load of 5-48% - pretty much nothing (even though i'm host in most of games and have a lot of other software running in background like vm's and other stuff like cpanel server.

GPU: (only 1 stressed - its my setting of choice game doesn't require that much power) 10-32% (almost nothing)

24d0bx3.jpg

I don't see any specific changes especially in fps its still around 144FPS at almost all times (max preset by my monitor refresh rate)

btw. DE I can run Warframe on ESX its very nice on blade chassis (with 14 HS22 blades)

(14x 2x 4x x4 3.2GHz) ahh the feeling of 448 cores

Edited by CyklonDX

Hello, since last night, when they deployed the latest update, I finally saw some changes in multithreading, now I can turn on more graphic settings and the game seems to keep up and respond on time. Still might be far from using all of enhanced graphics, but still even my graphic drivers might be old to even support them all.

Good to see progress.

There's probably something wrong with the new multithreading experiment release with the 10.3.0 hotfix. I'm seeing really poor performance and lag ingame since this hotfix plus i've been noticing that my overall pc performance is being affected when exiting the game or switching between the game and desktop (alt+tab), my cpu response time gets really low.

Somethings up DE.

The new multithreading hotfix broke the game for me. If I have it enabled, the game just freezes on the initial loading screen; the loading bar doesn't move or anything and I have to kill the program in Windows Task Manager. The game loads fine if I disable the feature.

I'm using an AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 Ghz processor with 8GB RAM and a GTX 660.

EDIT: I should add that the multithreading worked fine before the last update and I did verify the download cache and it didn't help.

EDIT2: Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game entirely. Getting the same result. I'm using The Steam version if that matters.

Edited by Orexis97

I play on a quadcore i7-3630QM processor laptop that has been able to run Warframe stably at 100+ fps. Switching to multicore rendering has caused nothing but system crashes that required a forced shutdown. If you have this model or similar I do not recommend enabling it.

The new multithreading hotfix broke the game for me. If I have it enabled, the game just freezes on the initial loading screen; the loading bar doesn't move or anything and I have to kill the program in Windows Task Manager. The game loads fine if I disable the feature.

EDIT: I should add that the multithreading worked fine before the last update and I did verify the download cache and it didn't help.

Huh, have the exact same CPU, 8GB of ram and HD 2600XT, game runs just fine for me.

With the new patch my loading times increased by about 20 times or so. I can't even host games anymore without it kicking everybody in the party and having to re-invite people. 

I've noticed alot of times when hitting the void or ODs, where the host loading will either kick me, cause the game to freeze, or it just takes several minutes.

So i've tested this for about 1 month on my Intel E8400, 3Ghz, Dual Core processor.

The game runs nice, probably a bit more fluid than before but it is subject to way more crashes, around 3 times higher than normal.

In conclusion i'll go back without multi-threading because i find the system will be more stable

EDIT2: Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game entirely. Getting the same result. I'm using The Steam version if that matters.

Almost the same setup (960T, 8GB RAM, 660) and have Multithreading as well as DX11 disabled in hope that the game has finally some good FPS but did not really help. But got no problems with crashing whatsoever.

Edited by S0m3guy