Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are open world segments the worst.

Homestuck_Prime

Every time I go to either Plains or Fortuna, this exact thing happens:
4 minute loading screen
Team has already finished half of the mission and since I was loading I didn't get anything for it
Half to 3 second long freezes, constantly, at this point the phrase "Frame drop" doesn't cut it
Doing a mission or two, the host disconnecting ,and me not being able to reconnect fast enough, and being booted back to hub with none of what I worked for.
Aside from abnormally long load times, I generally have no issues with the entire rest of the game, even on higher graphical settings, but no, these made it so I had to set the mas low as possible, and even then, it does this.
I love being locked away from content because the game spends half the time sitting around on it's hands. Not like the open world segments are particularly enjoyable anyways, what with how if you ever aggro any enemy ever they will follow you to the ends of the map no matter what, and how there is always that one guy with a great PC and connection who will immediately archwing over there and give no one else a chance. I just wanted it to be over and done with for the items you get.
It's not like I don't meet the minimum specs for the game, because I do, if only just by a bit because the computer is a bit old. At this point, might want to update that, because it is clearly not correct.
Also I've never used these forums before and doubt I will again, this is basically just one step above shouting into the void for me.

Obviously I cannot speak for PC, but I'll just guess it might be more of a you problem. As for my experience I can only get as late as the end of the first stage, and I basically only do Tier 5 bounties, if that's relevant. That's because after the first stage is complete the matchmaking locks. And this on PS4 ,obviously, and with a sometimes bad internet.

Furthermore from my experience toxicity and frustration rarely get your point across or gather actual support. As for the open-world ideas themselves I still like them, even if I'm happy that DE's taking a break from developing more for now. I rather indeed have a year of faster-paced and meaningful content like pre-PoE. I still want some more open worlds down the line, even if one per faction, but I rather wait another year or three for that to happen.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

is your pc able to run warframe well with its specs as i know they did update the minimal spec requirements recently

The min reqs haven't been updated. That happens in mid-February.

Edited by AXCrusnik

On 2019-01-24 at 4:05 PM, sans_gun.. said:

Every time I go to either Plains or Fortuna, this exact thing happens:
4 minute loading screen
Team has already finished half of the mission and since I was loading I didn't get anything for it
Half to 3 second long freezes, constantly, at this point the phrase "Frame drop" doesn't cut it
Doing a mission or two, the host disconnecting ,and me not being able to reconnect fast enough, and being booted back to hub with none of what I worked for.
Aside from abnormally long load times, I generally have no issues with the entire rest of the game, even on higher graphical settings, but no, these made it so I had to set the mas low as possible, and even then, it does this.
I love being locked away from content because the game spends half the time sitting around on it's hands. Not like the open world segments are particularly enjoyable anyways, what with how if you ever aggro any enemy ever they will follow you to the ends of the map no matter what, and how there is always that one guy with a great PC and connection who will immediately archwing over there and give no one else a chance. I just wanted it to be over and done with for the items you get.
It's not like I don't meet the minimum specs for the game, because I do, if only just by a bit because the computer is a bit old. At this point, might want to update that, because it is clearly not correct.
Also I've never used these forums before and doubt I will again, this is basically just one step above shouting into the void for me.

Does it do the same if you play solo? It could be that you have a bad host. It does sound like your computer is struggling though as PoE and 4Tuna are much harder on rigs than anywhere else in the game.