Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endo is everywhere. Why is it in the drop tables of Sorties, Arbitration?

OricSharp

Endo is everywhere.

Common, Uncommon, Rare mods - they all turn into Endo. Ayatan sculptures? Endo. Dropped on the floor by slain enemies? Endo. Stuck to the bottom of the table at your local diner? Endo. Most non-resource rewards - being mod cards - can become Endo if you decide you want it, if they aren't just Endo in the first place (because it's treated as a mod drop). It is much like Credits in this way. Except one of these is not in the drop tables of the content that is intended to be the most difficult instanced content in the game (at least, this is the intent - 'endgame' - as far as I am aware).

When I do a Sortie or an Arbitration and I get Endo, as I have every single time I've done either, I immediately feel less motivated to ever do a Sortie or an Arbitration again. It is discouraging to get something I cannot help but view as trash, as noise, for doing something that is intended to be difficult, and takes a disproportionate amount of time. Have I done many of either? No. I've done a couple Sorties, literally two Arbitrations, and I've gotten nothing but Endo. Why have I done so few? Because I've gotten nothing but Endo, the most common 'resource' in the game. It has no faction, it has no planet, it has no requirements, it is everywhere. Being presented with it after completing the three gimmicked missions of a Sortie, or the tightrope of an Arbitration, is an utter annihilator of motivation. I don't play these modes just because they're there, I want rewards, and Endo is not a reward. Kuva is at least a resource that requires effort, but Endo? Endo is just Fusion Cores, except even more generic. At least with Fusion Cores, there were rarities involved.

Endo is a bog-common resource that keeps being pushed as a reward, and as long as it's wedged onto these drop tables, I'm not even going to touch these mission types, because I have found them consistently (throughout my admittedly very small sample size) unrewarding through being 'rewarded' with Endo, which is poison to motivation to do them in a game with so many other rewards to chase, when I have so many other things I could be doing or playing. Surely there are other things that could replace it in the drop tables, things that can't be gotten in abundance or with ease elsewhere - maybe troves of Research crafting materials (Mutagen Masses, Detonite Injectors, Fieldron, currently only obtainable by building or Invasions), weapon blueprints, weapon parts (I've been one part away from a couple Wraith weapons for months now, since they only show up as Invasion rewards), Orokin Reactors/Catalysts (in Arbitration), piles of relics (sets of the most recent, or currently unvaulted), Rivens - it's not like this game is without rewards to give. I'm avoiding suggesting anything actually new here, because there's already so many options. 

If you disagree, disregard.

• Like 3

Because upgrading mods is a constant thing to do.

Endo is scatered everywhere so that players naturally receive it over time everywhere, the higher the effort, the more endo you get and the less grindy the game is when it comes to making mods better.