Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking elemental frames

gluih

So I'm thinking of Frost, Ember and Volt here (Saryn is already great) and the idea would be to have those frames benefit from status procs of their elemental type.

I had the idea when farming Hieracon, back when that was the best spot to farm voidkeys. I was playing Frost with max range and was pretty much only using his 3 and 4. So for Frost the idea would be to change his 4. It could get an overall buff (more range, armor shred and damage), but it would require the enemy to be affected by a cold proc. Enemies without a cold proc would have a chance to be affected by one, modified by power strength. And then enemies in a bubble or affected by ice wave impedance would also be treated like they had a cold proc.
So overall he would be stronger than now, but would require more different abilities to be used or at least more strength.

With Ember I was always a bit sad, that her fireballs are actually quite weak. So how about whenever she procs fire on an enemy, she gets buff. This buff would stack unlimited and would increase the damage on her next fireball. I don't know exactly how often her other abilities actually proc fire, but the idea would be to get a lot of stacks that way and then have really powerful fireballs.
She could also get different buffs based on which ability procs the effect. For example her 2 could allow the fireball to reduce the effects of armor and shields and her 3 could increase the radius of the fireball.

And then Volt could have an effect similar to Ember, also making his 1 deal more damage. I thought it would be cool, if this allowed the ability to get increased crit chance and damage and maybe strike multiple times.

Let me know what you think and please comment if you can think of any improvements to this, especially for Volt.

Also need to make them immune to the status proc that hit them... its actually not make sense for ember to get damaged by fire element, saryn by toxin element and volt by electric element... Imagine, this frame were born with the "their" elemental things and then suddenly that "natural thing" can damaged and harmed them.. unless that element mix with other element to form new proc such as radiation, blast and then it was make sense..

Edited by -ONI-Oxama

2 hours ago, -ONI-Oxama said:

Also need to make them immune to the status proc that hit them... its actually not make sense for ember to get damaged by fire element, saryn by toxin element and volt by electric element... Imagine, this frame were born with the "their" elemental things and then suddenly that "natural thing" can damaged and harmed them.. unless that element mix with other element to form new proc such as radiation, blast and then it was make sense..

DE had already said no to this. And making them immune it's absolutely useless for everyone but Saryn, which would also made her pretty much immune to the infested, which isn't good. We already saw what gained when a frame becomes to go against one faction with Mag.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

DE had already said no to this. And making them immune it's absolutely useless for everyone but Saryn, which would also made her pretty much immune to the infested, which isn't good. We already saw what gained when a frame becomes to go against one faction with Mag.

When toxin is the only thing to worry about vs the infested then there is something else wrong and THAT should be the least problem then because: we have arcanes for that.

I also support the immunity to pure cold for frost, pure toxin for saryn, pure fire for ember and pure elec for volt. It does not make sense and feels... just wrong... I also think that frost and ember need a buff fore there elemental attacks. They are horrible weak and besides that ember is a joke outside of under level 30 missions frost is also pretty weak vs high level enemy.

11 hours ago, -ONI-Oxama said:

I don´t think that´s a good idea.

1.) Permanent immunities should never exist. While it might be ok now you have to keep changes and future content in mind.

2.) After all I don´t want cold enemies to be immune to my attacks just because they use them as well

Resistances is another thing though.

Edited by Arcira
  • Like 1