Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better way for the Dojo Contests ?

-Miau-Darinus

Hello Developers,

in the last 2 Dojo Contests I looked at every single Contribution of the Clans, in the first Contest it looked a bit like random pick.
Not much time to decide for the Winners and there was plenty of more Stuff to chose from, than could be viewed within just 4-5 Hours. After the Contest ended it looked like the Person that decided the best ones were the nature parts so just Stuff like that won.
This time it was already a better since they voted as a Team, and they took their time over a whole Week, but there are still Problems that you didn't fix. You said, you will vote for Creativity and Quality.
The things that I saw in some of the winners Dojos. The Quality is not given, many Things are placed wrong, asymmetrical and in different Sizes.
The Creativity is another Thing. Many People like big Sculptures or Dragons, others like the Natural-style much more and People like us love the Orokin-style in Buildings and Things like this.
After I saw the Dojos from other Clans that are under the top 3 with so many wrong placed Stuff or Stuff that is flickering because it stuck in each other.
I think you just voted from a Hand full of Pictures.

I think the Contest will be better with changes like the following :

-don't make a Place 1,2,3 each Clan tier, make 3x Place 1 and split it to Categories like (Sculptures, Nature, Buildings or anything like this)

-Give all 3 winning Clans the same amount of Platinum and the 3 Sculptures (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

-Don't let Clans join the Contest again after they won it. You won't need to vote them every Contest again and every Clan has a real Chance to win. (Don't let it end like the Dark Sectors. Where a Hand full Clans will make it and switch every time, I think all the Dojobuilders and Players want to see more nice Dojos and the Love in it.)

-When you have your favorites picked you should visit the Dojos and look at the Things from the Pictures/Video's, to check out how good the Work really is and then chose the Winners.

I think this way it will be Fair for every Clan, to win with their own style, so you don't say ''hey we find Sculpture Dojos are better than Dragons, Natural-style, Buildings'' or whatever, so you can vote for the Quality in game and not like "best Picture will win" and so every Clan can have his moment at the Starchart but not every 6 Months again.
It dosn't present the People with anything if they get 2 Times the same Place, just Plat for the Clanvault but.... yes that's not really the thing why People join the Contest.

I don't say the Clans that won are not worth it. It's not a Thing of hate, I just think that it will be fairer for all and give every one a chance to show and shine with their Dojo.

If anyone sees it like me feel free to make a Comment with ''agreed'', give an up vote or write what you think about it.
And if you have nothing to say, please don't open a Discussion with other People in this topic. That's what PM's are for. 🙂🤷‍♂️

@[DE]Helen@[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Megan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally another architect that understands. +1
As a dojo clan architect (as well as a rl artist) i have put in over 800+ hours (minus other clan architects) in dojo decorating/sculpting, decorated both in and outside of the dojo tile set, while intricately understands the pain of aligning decorations together after sneezing oh and at one point, I completely exhausted my 4 million ferrites unknowingly... (the list goes on).  So when i visit any dojo i have that understanding, appreciation, and admiration for any and ALL works (im very certain there are many others who feel the same as well). But no matter the complexity level of decorations/sculptures, there is/will always be a level of creativity we can all share, admire and learn from.  

However, to label this a contest, I expect the best in show in complexity, placement (symmetry/asymmetry), sculpture quality, immersion, and other artistic criterias. I fully appreciate that DE took more than one day this time to decide on winners, but the way i see it,  Why not have actual Dojo Architect judges be part of the decision making.   it would feel more artistically legitimate if there is a panel of these judges looking at our entries as well.  

No one (not even a DE staff..sorry), who have NOT built a well decorated dojo can fully and immersive-ly appreciate or understand the complexity, time, creativity, passion and dedication it takes to create these works of art...than the architects themselves. Their dojo is their resume' of sorts.

Anyways i look forward to seeing the continuing growth of dojos in general (please add a clan foundry ^^;) I just wish we can just visit any dojo via search bar in-game. 

Edited by -Edrick-
gram mar?!