Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus bounties rigged rewards?

CazadorDeWulf

Hi. For a while I had been going to Cetus to farm for lenses and relics. After the unvaulting however, I've only been getting Breath of the Eidolon, Endo, Cetus Wisps, and occasionally Kuva or a Relic. There has not been a single lens drop in over 30 bounties. There has not been a single rare mod drop in over 200 bounties. There will often be bounties where all I get is Endo or dupes of a common mod. This is in stark contrast to the dropping behavior prior to the Fire and Ice unvaulting, but, I have a feeling there is an anti-farming mechanic that is purposefully gimping my rewards so that I am effectively wasting time. A lot of it.

Has anyone else experienced the dreaded "you can't have anything worth jack now" mechanic kick in or am I insane? Because with how many bounties I farm this is just, ridiculous. I do them solo and public, same rewards every time. That means my teammates might be cursed if I join them.

I doubt anything's skewing your drop table on purpose, DE's pretty good about their item grinds. I haven't done a Cetus bounty since shortly before the unvault, but it was uncommon for me to get anything OTHER than Endo or common mods from them anyways... If you ask me, it's probably just bad luck, but I'll do some runs in a bit, see what's up.

2 minutes ago, NoggDog117 said:

Yep, can confirm you're just getting a bad hand at the table. 3 runs in and I got an eidolon lens bp.

I wouldn't call that confirmation but it does show that the recent unvaulting has nothing to do with it. I've run it 200 times and my first few runs, I had incredible luck and great drops. Then, over 30 straight bad runs. So if you want to provide input about the statistics, you'll want to do more than 3 runs. At least, in my opinion. Running 3 times isn't enough to make a determination if there is some sort of "anti-farm" system as I stated.

God, RNG really kills my mood and desire to do bounties. I just wanted to start a thread about this very topic, but I thought let me search first and found this one.

On 2019-02-04 at 4:45 AM, CazadorDeWulf said:

Has anyone else experienced the dreaded "you can't have anything worth jack now" mechanic kick in or am I insane? Because with how many bounties I farm this is just, ridiculous. I do them solo and public, same rewards every time. That means my teammates might be cursed if I join them.

I'm farming relics for Ember and Frost Primes, but I've not had a single one drop. Instead, tons of endo, lame mods I already have, an incessant Gara and Revenant BPs/parts, sometimes even dupes in the same bounty! 😡 And, to answer the OP, yes, I've found it to be way worse since the unvaulting. In fact, right before the unvaulting I was farming Mag and Nova Prime relics and I got a fair amount, so it really is peculiar.

I know the game is free and I shouldn't complain and all that (and I really, really, love it; this game got me back into MP gaming for the first time in forever), and I'm still fairly new and all that, but I have dropped money on this game, I'm willing to drop money on this game, but it should also be fair to some extent, no?

I don't mind grinding if there's at least some kind of reward to the grind, but right now it's just breaking me.

I've not yet experienced Fortuna at all; would my luck turn better there at all? So demotivating.

much sample size

such rng

besides you claim to having been luckier earlier... so there you go. by expanding the sample size (without even noticing, apparently, because that's not your agenda here) you already got a lot more reasonable numbers.

Edited by ebrl

i'd like the containers and ships to feature ambushes and other creatures to appear at night at cetus open world that have enclave and lunaro prospetives, and parts for the k-drives, the rewards for the bounties are very small and unsatisfying, the enemies are predictable and need to be reworked, even if there was some light features added such as heavy rain, and fogs, to make things more challenging, since mud usually would slowdown footing/movement speed/could awaken some sleeping jewels and monsters in those game areas. 200 bounty points its awful. there should be some operator, k-drive and stickers, glyphs, and cosmetic things rewards, maybe more cetus related, even if they added some lunaro and pvp things for now, and involved the syndicate, reward syndicate points towards blueprints/pets/kubrow, and introduce some new alerts and concepts for fortuna and the cetus plains, the ghouls threats have insuffucient priority over other game elements, the index is far, operator stuff is far, there needs to be a balance involving pvp, k-drives, and lunaro. its all am saying.