Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Rework

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

I hate this frame. So after months of pondering here’s what I would do to improve Revenant and try to make him a better representation of Eidolons and Sentients.

Enthrall

Completely rework it’s function and purpose.

New name: Decay

Description: Revenant casts this ability on an enemy that highlights them in the same way Enthrall normally does with that weird junk above the head. That enemy effected by an effect similar to Danse Macabres. Upon taking damage from any source there is a 50% chance to proc Corrosive, Magnetic or Gas (what gets applied to who is the same rule as Danse). Chance to proc will be effected by power strength.

Upon death of the enemy they explode into 3 projectiles like the ones from Phantasmas alt fire. When a projectile comes in contact with an enemy it gives them the same effect as the first target. The distance the projectiles can travel before disappearing will be effected by power range. And there is no limit to the number of enemies that can be effected by this ability.

Mesmer Skin

Completely rework it’s function

New name: Adaptive Shield

Description: In a fashion similar to Inaros Scarab Swarm Revenant charges a new shield over his normal health an shield bar at the cost of energy (Similar to the way Eidolons have the shield over their health bar). It would have a base max of 3000 and charge 100 shield per 5 energy. The base and charge rate will be effected by power strength and the energy cost.

It’ll function similar the mod Adaptation where Revenant will progressively become more resistant to the damage types he’s taking damage from up to 90%. The resistance will NOT have a timer for it to reset to 0%.

When the shield is depleted Revenant sends out an energy pulse within 10 meters of himself that knockdown enemies. Allowing him opportunity to recharge the shield again.

Enemies that hit Revenant while this shield is active will no longer be rendered unconscious and allow Rev to take advantage of Danse Macabres gimmick where it converts damage dealt to Revenant into damage Danse Macabre deals.

It would share the same appearance of Mesmer skin minus that annoying smoke effect but it’ll have more ghost trees growing out of him that will shrink the lower the adaptive shield is.

Reave

Keep about the same I’ll probably come up with a replacement for it in the future, but until then here’s some new synergies and function updates.

Description:

Reaves base life steal from enemies of 10% can now be effected by power strength up to 50% heath steal. Reaving through a decayed enemy brings that up to 75%. 

Reaving through an enemy with Adaptive Shield active grants back 5% of the Shields value and Reaving through a decayed enemy will give you back 25% of the Shields value.

Also remove the animation that leads into Reave. Seriously there’s no excuse for an “Escape ability” to give a window for enemies to actually kill you.

SideNote: Not really sure if this bit should be added but I liked the idea of it so I’ll put it out there. Making Reave a channeling ability so you can Reave as for as long as you want to. I just think it would be a fun idea but I’d understand if there’s some big downside I’m not seeing.

Danse Macabre

Minor changes

Description: Reduce energy per second cost down to 15 and the boosted cost down to 30. Its a strong ability but the fact that only 1-2 beams actually reach out a significant distances doesn’t justify it being the most energy hungry channeling ability.

switch the arms around so the one with the lasers are firing out is sticking up, then add a few more lasers in to patch up the gap between the lasers.

Passive

Literally anything except what it is now. I have an idea for maybe having two vombalyst companions to fight for you and maybe provide other benefits but that’s as far as I got.

End

I’ll probably make another post if I ever come up with an ability that’s definitively better than Reave and something practical for a passive. Other than that those are my ideas.

• Like 2

Just now, ErinaAlda said:

I hate Equinox does this mean Equinox needs every single aspect about itself reworked and changed too?

Yes it does.

On a more serious note, Revenant is NOT a revenant. I have gone into great detail on this subject in the past.

• Like 3

I hate Equinox does this mean Equinox needs every single aspect about itself reworked and changed too?

Equinox isn’t a bad frame tho. Revenant is. And to be fair I’m only giving a complete overhaul of Enthrall and Mesmer skins keeping its same function while being more practical and fitting to the sentient theme.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’ll function similar the mod Adaptation where Revenant will progressively become more resistant to the damage types he’s taking damage from up to 90%. The resistance will NOT have a timer for it to reset to 0%.

Because yet another 90% DR ability is what we needed....right? Let's rework 100% DR into 90%, and remove stuns that could also help to turn off dangerous threats...

Now i'm not sure anymore whether you're just very inexperienced or trolling? I thought you think he's trash then why do you want to make him WORSE?

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Equinox isn’t a bad frame tho. Revenant is.

Subjective and depending on the user.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Because yet another 90% DR ability is what we needed....right? Let's rework 100% DR into 90%, and remove stuns that could also help to turn off dangerous threats...

If you re read it it’s up 90% damage reduction on a shield that goes over health and the normal shield. So technically it’s 90% reduction on top of 100% damage reduction. And I promise you it’ll last longer than 14 shots.

Equinox isn’t a bad frame tho. Revenant is. And to be fair I’m only giving a complete overhaul of Enthrall and Mesmer skins keeping its same function while being more practical and fitting to the sentient theme.

I have seen more then enough proof in this thread alone that Revenant is a good frame if people know how to use him and that your just super bias against Revenant, Have you even tried any of the builds that have been posted here? IceColdHawk's build absolutely dominates sortie level content by the way can confirm, Its a shame Revenant is not what you wanted but i think its time to let this overly beaten topic die now, People who are not you like Revenant just how he is.

I have seen more then enough proof in this thread alone that Revenant is a good frame if people know how to use him and that your just super bias against Revenant, Have you even tried any of the builds that have been posted here? IceColdHawk's build absolutely dominates sortie level content by the way can confirm, Its a shame Revenant is not what you wanted but i think its time to let this overly beaten topic die now, People who are not you like Revenant just how he is.

This thread literally just started 27 minutes ago. And so far nobody has started going off on me about how all of my ideas are worse that what he currently is ...yet. Also I NEVER see Revenant rework posts. It’s mostly Vauban and Wukong. I mean I’ll give Rev the credit that he’s better than those two but he’s still far from being a great frame.

This thread literally just started 27 minutes ago. And so far nobody has started going off on me about how all of my ideas are worse that what he currently is ...yet. Also I NEVER see Revenant rework posts. It’s mostly Vauban and Wukong. I mean I’ll give Rev the credit that he’s better than those two but he’s still far from being a great frame.

Forgive me, ive just read so many of your Revenant posts by now that it all has just congealed into a giant ball of hatred for something that hasent met your expectations.

• Like 1

Revenant is not a bad frame per se if the abilities are considered individually. He just has loads of unnecessary synergies and some silly design choices, like Reave having a wind up time so you cannot use it as a quick escape I-frame if your mesmer skin broke against all odds.

Enthrall could do with a slow health decay to the Enthralled enemies so that you can keep having new thrills without having to get rid of the old ones, like Nekros Shadows but in a good way.

I actually do agree with the hand change - the beams should indeed come from as axial a position as possible.

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Revenant is not a bad frame per se if the abilities are considered individually. He just has loads of unnecessary synergies and some silly design choices, like Reave having a wind up time so you cannot use it as a quick escape I-frame if your mesmer skin broke against all odds.

Enthrall could do with a slow health decay to the Enthralled enemies so that you can keep having new thrills without having to get rid of the old ones, like Nekros Shadows but in a good way.

I actually do agree with the hand change - the beams should indeed come from as axial a position as possible.

Which is why I completely reworked Enthrall. Giving there more of a reason for there to be synergies to be tied to it without making them mandatory for functionality. Hence why all the synergies when Reaving through “Decayed” enemies are more bonuses than their own unique function.

18 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

On a more serious note, Revenant is NOT a revenant. I have gone into great detail on this subject in the past.

Nor should he have ever been.

The only reason he's named '' revenant'' is due to Rebecca desperately grasping at straws for some vampire-related theming, nevermind the fact that said theming issues are the very cause of every post decrying the frame itself. 

4 minutes ago, JohnLemon123 said:

Nor should he have ever been.

The only reason he's named '' revenant'' is due to Rebecca desperately grasping at straws for some vampire-related theming, nevermind the fact that said theming issues are the very cause of every post decrying the frame itself. 

His name was literally decided on in the middle of a tennocon panel.

Just now, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Sigh....

Lrn to mod. Revenant is one of the best frames in the game.

His theme may messy, will not argue that.

But damm are his abilities good.

I can understand if someone would call him “ok” or think that he’s “good” but calling him one of the best frames in the game? No. That’s just...no.

I can understand if someone would call him “ok” or think that he’s “good” but calling him one of the best frames in the game? No. That’s just...no.

He is better than rhino for index.

And he is in fact a "revenant".

rev·e·nant
/ˈrevəˌnäN,-nənt/
noun
noun: revenant; plural noun: revenants
  1. a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead.
    "he was three hundred years old, a terrible living revenant"
Origin

early 19th century: French, literally ‘coming back’, present participle (used as a noun) of revenir.

he is better than garuda and a lot of others.
learn to play.
  • Like 2

Also guys. Instead of just going off telling me that I’m wrong for considering Revenant a subpar Warframe. Can you actually give some feedback on my rework ideas? I worked hard on them and would like to know if their actually good ideas.

Problem is Revenant is actually 4 good (although somewhat incomplete) skills that have no link to each other cobbled together by force with pointless but enforced synergies.

So by analysis he is subpar ... but still very strong.

5 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Problem is Revenant is actually 4 good (although somewhat incomplete) skills that have no link to each other cobbled together by force with pointless but enforced synergies.

So by analysis he is subpar ... but still very strong.

So that’s a “No” on actually giving feedback on the ideas then.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You should largely expect to be let down by most forum spammers. They're only here to add to their post count. 

As for Revenant feedback, I made a giant autistic post about it around the time he came out (hint: he hasn't been touched since it was written). With regard to your little write-up, I would play this over the current extant Revenant any day. I would also like to add that Revenant needs an augment for his 4th ability that turns it into a channeled, aimed concentration of lasers from his fingers, sort of like Krillin's move in Dragonball where he fires a straight beam out of each finger.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Saying such is feedback, you just want agreements etc.

I think his abilities are good, each one. I think that reworking his entire kit is unnecessary and frankly unwanted. I think that the suggestions i see are worse than what we have already.

To state as much is no less valid feedback than to agree, or to provide counter suggestions.

You might not like revenant but i do. I also like atlas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

He is better than rhino for index.

Sure, but not by much. besides, index isn't exactly difficult.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

And he is in fact a "revenant".

rev·e·nant
/ˈrevəˌnäN,-nənt/
noun
noun: revenant; plural noun: revenants
  1. a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead.
    "he was three hundred years old, a terrible living revenant"
Origin

early 19th century: French, literally ‘coming back’, present participle (used as a noun) of revenir.

See, this is exactly what i was referring to. The link is so far-reaching, it needs dictionary definitions and a reliance on etymological backgrounds to even back up ! 

On top of that, he didn't even come back from the dead ! Inaros, Wukong or hell, even LIMBO fit closer to the ''returned from beyond'' bill ! 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

he is better than garuda

Not. Even. Close.

Garuda was made as a well-coordinated, holistic piece of design, with clear vision and proper execution. Revenant, on the other hand, is a haphazard mess of convoluted abilities cobbled together without much thought beyond the approximate satisfaction of some abstract ''vampiric'' fascination someone obviously had. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

learn to play.

My GOD i hate this argument. I've forma'd revenant to death. I'm fully aware of every single application his abilities have, as well as how best to utilize them. Someone stating ''this could be better'' isn't something to be immediately shut down through condescending patronizing !

Have you ever used a high power strength revenant ? because i have. i went so far as to try going for 292 % + 300 % (the second one coming from arbitrations), and guess what ?

The pillars were just as useless as they were at base stats, because they weren't created with the ability to ''scale'', despite the fact that they were (in DE's own words) meant to.

Danse macabre is an insanely overpriced, overly restricted mess of a nuke ability, nerfed into the dirt as a clear short-sighted attempt to combat the growing instances of hydron raves. Mesa's peacemaker is infinitely more powerful, whilst costing less to maintain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I also like atlas.

Like Atlas too. Sure half his abilities are on the “less than useful” end and his passive could probably use another look over. He’s a good frame

Also when I criticize Revenant I go on long tangents on how I believe his abilities do not perform to an acceptable degree. If you want to tell me that my ideas are bad then I want you to tell me why they are bad. I want to know exactly how I can make my ideas even better. Also, I’m not even changing him that much, just making his 1 an ability that’s more practical, his 2 a tanking ability that both fits the Eidolon and sentient theme while being an effective ability, removing Reaves dependence on Thralls to be significant and just touching up Danse Macabre to make it a more reliable Damage ability.

Also you can’t say changes are unwanted when you’re literally talking to a guy who wants him changed.