Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino: re-cast 3(Roar)

CazadorDeWulf

It does kind of suck, but what it also does is ensure that anything you have, like Growing Power or Energy Conversion, which increases the Strength of your cast, can actually apply.

One of the intentional limitations of recasts is that they're only ever extending the existing cast, never actually re-casting. What this means is that if you cast a weak version of Roar to start off with, you're only ever extending the weak version. With allies, though, there are cast Strength boosting effects, and you may want to ensure that you have them available for the next time you Roar.

And before you ask, no, extending the strong version would just be silly levels of OP. Some frames can do that with less powerful casts, but being able to re-cast Roar at a level where you could have many multiplied Strength on the original and not have to meet the same requirements again? Not going to happen.

• Like 1

It's great that you even try to buff your team. A lot of the time it seems that rhino's forget that they can. 

Just try to get within range of as many as you can before you set it off. Prioritise the damage dealers if you can. And remember, if they aren't getting buffed, they're probably outside of affinity range as well, so team-centric play probably isn't something they're looking for. So if that's the case, use it as a self-buff and forget about them. 

It'd be nice if we could recast it, but I don't figure we really need it. 

I try my hardest to cast at the right time. My roar reaches 206% which helps killframes a lot. I use a lot of energy in one build but my duration last for 36 seconds. Plenty of time to gain more energy. My range is 145% but some players still go too far. So I know the feeling.

Combined with an Equinox and nidus, my roar can go over 500%. Not to mention when fissured. Reached 1,396% roar during a fissure mission. One dude lost his mind over it. A guy I know has the same Roaring Build as I do so my maxed strength nidus over doubles(triples when fissured) his roar. Equinox adds 50%(80% with augment mod) to both warframes.

Makes me hate not being able buff everyone. Not very many use a high strength rhino and try to buff their team, otherwise I’d keep bringing my nidus to the squad. In fact, I have never came across a single power strength buffing nidus. It is like nobody likes teamwork anymore, except me, or they are unaware on how much nidus can really do for a team. 

Idk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I frequently have teammates jump just out of range as I cast it, and I have built at least some efficiency on my Rhino to be able to recast it again as-needed for them... I mean they made Iron Skin a cast-once-and-forget ability, so I don't see why Rhino becomes asthmatic or mute until the cooldown completes.