Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvements to gameplay

(XBOX)Adams Eden

Just some ideals I had to improve overall game play for users.

1) Can you make an Argon Crystal Segment for the Landing Craft so the crystals don't disappear. It's discouraging to have 18 from one run and then they all disappear in 3 days. Make a segment to build that they don't dissolve or vanish but can actually stockpile them.

2) Can you make the Syndicate Blueprints and Syandanas trade-able? Everything else of there's except a few is why not have all be trade-able and or gifted as well so you can share with your clan or friends. Or make a special requirement where you won't lose standing with a syndicate (drop a rank) ever after completing the requirement like owning all their buying options so that syndicate is done therefore work on others with no negative impact since that would take a few months to do worth the reward to me to stay at the highest rank while leveling opposing syndicates.

3) Can Cetus get an update like Fortuna where you don't have to leave to spawn a new bounty?

4) Umbral mods and warframe blueprint and pieces, can they be make re-obtainable? Since we can't trade blueprints or the mods what harm is there to make it where you can get a rank 0 mod or the blueprints again so you have all the frames, since you would have to put the time in to do the quest again and the 3.5 day wait for it all. Also could add a Assassination mission counter to where for some reason you don't get all the blueprint pieces you can trade for them since its not a new player just asking for a hand out to get a frame but they put time in to get the frame and RNG just wasn't friendly to them. Sort of like 25 times for assassinations except Uranus make that higher since more pieces to drop, as a reward for actually trying to get stuff legit but bad luck and proof that you did try and not just complaining when you did it four times.

5) with all the mods for kubrows and kavats now its rather awkward to build one decently with all the options, can you add kubrow/kavat weapons so the new elemental mods actually have space to put on? I figure sentient have weapons why not kavats/kubrows especially with both have a vacuum mod make them similar, Kavat/kubrow claws that you can put the element mods on and not take away space for buff mods.

6) I feel like there should be more Varazin Polarity mods for weapons, besides a status chance mod, and Ice theres not much, Hammer Shot and Rivens, which I dread Varazin rivens since theres nothing to takes its place if you get rid of the riven where others you have core mods to put in.

and finally 7) Could there be a feature to increase daily standing of syndicates by 1,000 by donating max standing with them to help out those that farm as well as rewarding the player for taking the time to do that to make it easier to farm for them longer. For example quills, donate the 133k standing to increase my max standing to 28k then repeat till 133k can be gotten in a night or 50k cap. Be for a rather long term investment and rewarding since takes about 5 or 6 days to get that reward the time put in if the player chooses to do so to make farming later on easier for them especially veteran players.  I feel that would be helpful especially on Ventkids of raising their 3,000 trick score limit as well so you can get more standing in less time again balanced by the fact you have to donate all standing to increase the standing. Slow at first but rewarding if you endure the grind and its not instant either.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Adams Eden said:

1) Can you make an Argon Crystal Segment for the Landing Craft so the crystals don't disappear. It's discouraging to have 18 from one run and then they all disappear in 3 days. Make a segment to build that they don't dissolve or vanish but can actually stockpile them.

Their entire point is that they can't be stockpiled. DE isn't gonna let you get around that.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Adams Eden said:

2) Can you make the Syndicate Blueprints and Syandanas trade-able? Everything else of there's except a few is why not have all be trade-able and or gifted as well so you can share with your clan or friends. Or make a special requirement where you won't lose standing with a syndicate (drop a rank) ever after completing the requirement like owning all their buying options so that syndicate is done therefore work on others with no negative impact since that would take a few months to do worth the reward to me to stay at the highest rank while leveling opposing syndicates. 

Trade-offs and whatnot are intended points. They're not gonna let you freely level in every syndicate. While the system definitely needs fleeting out,  the balance of "ranking with this one syndicate stops you from ranking with this other one" is a crux. And what blueprints are there that the other side of syndicates don't have besides the specters?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Adams Eden said:

3) Can Cetus get an update like Fortuna where you don't have to leave to spawn a new bounty? 

They've confirmed that this'll happen from the get-go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Atsia said:

Their entire point is that they can't be stockpiled. DE isn't gonna let you get around that.

Why is that a good thing, though? Far as I can tell, a lot of the Orokin shenanigans are little more than holdovers from a time when Towers and Derelicts were a boring grind that passed for "end game" and was saddled with both key crafting costs and resource degradation costs. Since both of those appear to have been redesigned as standard content, I don't see the point of retaining that frankly anti-consumer practice.

Then again, I guess I could ask what the point is in still needing keys for Orokin Derelicts...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Why is that a good thing, though? Far as I can tell, a lot of the Orokin shenanigans are little more than holdovers from a time when Towers and Derelicts were a boring grind that passed for "end game" and was saddled with both key crafting costs and resource degradation costs. Since both of those appear to have been redesigned as standard content, I don't see the point of retaining that frankly anti-consumer practice.

Then again, I guess I could ask what the point is in still needing keys for Orokin Derelicts...

Grinding game. Gives players a reason to stay for an hour and play the game instead of logging on, buy weapon blue print, build it, come back in 12-24 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Eh, as Gears said, it's just extension of the grind, just like how Nitian works. It's not like it's even hard to get sombre crystals when you need them, and the most any one thing need is like 4. And I personally kind of like it for the flavor. And they can't really take out the only reason to go into the void at any kind of regular interval.

Edited by Atsia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Atsia said:

Eh, as Gears said, it's just extension of the grind, just like how Nitian works. It's not like it's even hard to get sombre crystals when you need them, and the most any one thing need is like 4. And I personally kind of like it for the flavor. And they can't really take out the only reason to go into the void at any kind of regular interval.

the OP has a good idea though, if we can make it work to benefit kubrows, and the arsenal or the ships defenses themselves we can gain something from it, and i think its annoying to have farmed 10 to come back home to zero because my dad had to be hospitalized, a simple way to fix everyones problems are to include more argon crystals in cetus, syndicate, pvp, and mission/ relic rewards, or watever you can think of, i personally would say that the argon crystals life realistically can be extended by sacrificing some credits and resources into an incubator or use of the stasis from the kubrow and relic machines, by bringing equilibrium hybernation through temperature change or laser surveys, the ships dont have enough crew members, so you could use the relay points to store degradables or something like that, that would help a player struggling to quickly ship off their argon to a relay and other items they feel require augmenting or mods in the futere if that makes sense to you i hope.

19 hours ago, (XB1)Adams Eden said:

Just some ideals I had to improve overall game play for users.

4) Umbral mods and warframe blueprint and pieces, can they be make re-obtainable? Since we can't trade blueprints or the mods what harm is there to make it where you can get a rank 0 mod or the blueprints again so you have all the frames, since you would have to put the time in to do the quest again and the 3.5 day wait for it all. Also could add a Assassination mission counter to where for some reason you don't get all the blueprint pieces you can trade for them since its not a new player just asking for a hand out to get a frame but they put time in to get the frame and RNG just wasn't friendly to them. Sort of like 25 times for assassinations except Uranus make that higher since more pieces to drop, as a reward for actually trying to get stuff legit but bad luck and proof that you did try and not just complaining when you did it four times.

5) with all the mods for kubrows and kavats now its rather awkward to build one decently with all the options, can you add kubrow/kavat weapons so the new elemental mods actually have space to put on? I figure sentient have weapons why not kavats/kubrows especially with both have a vacuum mod make them similar, Kavat/kubrow claws that you can put the element mods on and not take away space for buff mods.

6) I feel like there should be more Varazin Polarity mods for weapons, besides a status chance mod, and Ice theres not much, Hammer Shot and Rivens, which I dread Varazin rivens since theres nothing to takes its place if you get rid of the riven where others you have core mods to put in.

and finally 7) Could there be a feature to increase daily standing of syndicates by 1,000 by donating max standing with them to help out those that farm as well as rewarding the player for taking the time to do that to make it easier to farm for them longer. For example quills, donate the 133k standing to increase my max standing to 28k then repeat till 133k can be gotten in a night or 50k cap. Be for a rather long term investment and rewarding since takes about 5 or 6 days to get that reward the time put in if the player chooses to do so to make farming later on easier for them especially veteran players.  I feel that would be helpful especially on Ventkids of raising their 3,000 trick score limit as well so you can get more standing in less time again balanced by the fact you have to donate all standing to increase the standing. Slow at first but rewarding if you endure the grind and its not instant either.

waht i like the incubator and kubrow/katav ideas, it can work out, and i hope they add some relay emergency delivery incubators for argon and other weapons items, am really enthusiastic about having new status effects and elemental attacks, so i vote yes for your idea about elemental mods and attacks, am looking foward to new attacks and modes for the kubrows especially since i feel that they dont have a general great deal of visual defenses, compared to the kavats and sentinels / warframe pets who use magic and generally feel useless to have the kubrow acting regular in the middle of so much gun fire, i seen them get shot in the face, even by me accidentally, so i'd make sense that kubrow get some love, even if they just add some new running attacks, and dodging or rolling magic realistic such as the ones that loki has, and other  warframes power for your pet to transmute or borrow through a new system or mods. Sentinels get two whole sets of equipables, pets should at least get to borrow some powers from the syndicates and warframes, if only they adjusted the NPC at cetus to offer interesting modes and sell weapons or augments for your pets like regular rpg games maybe the kubrows can be like bluemages, or a copy mage., honestly anything thats like pokemon or yugioh its fine with me, as long as it fits the realsm warframe has, each realy could be like a pokemon center lol you could make a new minigame based on kubrows and kavats fighting together or each other or new PVP mode, best trainer wins abunch of mysterious prizes.

20 hours ago, Atsia said:

To get the controversial stuff out of the way first - you guys do realise that "the grind" is ultimately an anti-consumer thing, right? Deliberately wasting players' time is an old MMO trick to stretch out a subscription and push players into the cash shop to save time. It's also a way to paper over lack of content by convincing people that the only thing they should care about is "things to earn" regardless of how much (or little) "things to do" there are. What happens if, for example, I have all the items I actually want out of the game and don't care to grind for anything else? Is actual gameplay - the stuff I do besides earning rewards and crafting weapons - not considered enough to keep me interested?

That said, sure - Argon Crystals are not really a big deal. A larger Void map will typically drop 3-4 of them, and I've had upwards of 10 per run depending on my luck. Plus, you can always pay more money and buy them boosters to get even more Argon Crystals for even less grinding. However, that's kind of my point - why even bother in that case? If I can just jump into a Void mission and generate all the Argon I'm going to need for the next 24 hours, what's the point in making it fade? Similarly, what's the point of Orokin Derelict keys? They take 60 seconds to craft and I'm always going to have a vast excess of the resources needed to craft them. What's the point of requiring them in that case? Just seems like a minor inconvenience for no particular reason.

The Void isn't even "end game" any more, but it still has a bunch of holdovers that I guess nobody cared to mess with. From Death Orbs granting energy to Prime Warframes to Keys to Argon Crystal... And yet there's not a single piece of story content in the game to give that place any kind of narrative weight...