Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO SOLAR RAILS

(PSN)gemsbuck22

Ok I’ve been playing this game for around a year now and as a fairly new player I think we should bring back the solar rails. Every time I bring this up people say they were toxic but in reality those people never played ark. Also there is now no reason to have alliances because there’s nothing to team up for and a lot of clans that used to be around used to be giant gathering hubs for people to trade and shat like that. I think that DE should bring them back

YEA I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)gemsbuck22 said:

Every time I bring this up people say they were toxic but in reality those people never played ark.

Mind to elaborate?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)gemsbuck22 said:

Also there is now no reason to have alliances because there’s nothing to team up for

Yeah, and with solar rail conflicts it was all about alliances putting stupidly high taxes on the missions. Nice one...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)gemsbuck22 said:

YEA I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA

Yeah... okay...
At least make another account for something like that.

• Like 2

I tend to agree that another game being toxic doesn't have anything to do with anything but that said, there is a certain amount of toxicity in any mmo game ever. Elitists mainly but toxicity abounds nonetheless.

I personally didn't mind the rails. I stayed away from the politics. That said, I helped run a large clan on ps4. We actually had people join our clan as "spies." It was weird. This happened alot and clan elitism was more abundant then. It still exists but it is a personal choice to even pay attention to these things. Our clan was focused on being a good community rather than politics and and saying we were better than anyone else's.

All of that aside, people argue that tthe clans were greedy and taxed the sectors. This was true in just a few cases but it kind of drove the rail wars. Someone taxed the sector and others banded to knock them off. I also argue that this was the entire point of these nodes. If you want to give clans something to PvP for, you have to give them something to call their own. I don't know the answer to the DDoSing that happened but other nodes could be added for resource farming and xp gains.

All in all, the rail wars were fun for half of the community and right now, there isn't much reason to even have a clan. Everyone can build their own dojo which I think is fine, and have their own research.

As someone who was there for solar rails they were the worst implemented idea ever.

-They were on long timers so the battle for the control was intermittant, meaning you had to wait to even try and join the battle with your clan

-It was first click first serve when placing your rail. Literally. Whichever clan clicked first got the chance to contest for the node and all the rest had to wait hours to try again

-The nodes were valuable exp farms and resource farms at the time, given increased drop rates and exp gains, which were shut off when the node got contested by other clans

-The Tax system was faulty, People literally just pushed for whichever clan had least tax on the node so they didnt have to give up their own mission rewards to feed the clans vaults. 

-It wasn't anything close to PVP no matter how they made it seem, it was literally just a spectre or 3 that you had to kill in the mission, and they were weak versions of players since they didn't use many skills and didn't have any manouverability. 

-Solar rail prices were exceedingly expensive for lower teir clans, It took my ghost clan 3 weeks to build one rail at the time and when we did manage it there was never anywhere to put it with the click race

-the only reward for participating in it was clan resources for holding a node for a little. Literally no other reason to do the missions for anyone else 

I dont want to see them back, not without massive changes to the entire thing which kind of defeats the "bring back solar rails" thing you're talking about since itd just be an entirely different and new game mode. You need a system that's going to be fair to a massive player base, not just 20 or so clans out of hundreds. Maybe a faction system or something similar to syndicates, so you can get standing for your faction shop when playing the mode, and you as a faction hold the point, letting any number of players share the reward for helping out rather than annoying anyone who cant participate because their clan didnt click fast enough. 

• Like 1

As time goes on everyday and DE said they would bring the rails back both new and old players grow drowsy of the realization of the potential fate of the rails. People have been censored in the dev stream for asking about the rails and pushing for them. As a community it is time to rise up and fight what we really want SOLAR RAILS!!!  

Warfame does not handle PvP well, its great that the devs have tried many things. But its clear that the load to balance everything for pvp as well for pve just takes away from the game. I do miss the solar rails but they were not good at all. I just hope that all the resources that were put into making and arming my rail will be refuned to the dojo at some point.

On 2019-02-14 at 8:32 PM, (PS4)gemsbuck22 said:

Where them solar rails at DE. I’m kind of a new player and from all the talk i here about how solar rails were awesome as a new player I wish I could experience the rails itself no matter how toxic it was, if you complain about the rails being toxic you never played Ark. 

and why would we play an unoptimized cash grab?(ark.) when we could be playing warframe instead.

the solar rails were a complete failure. in the end the biggest clans with the most people in different time zones won end of story.

it was all about clans gobbling up smaller clans. almost as bad as agenda's system wars. (old mmo.)

no chance of come backs. it really wasn't fun and more of a chore.

also railjacks will replace it and probably for the best as well. 

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

and why would we play an unoptimized cash grab?(ark.) when we could be playing warframe instead.

the solar rails were a complete failure. in the end the biggest clans with the most people in different time zones won end of story.

it was all about clans gobbling up smaller clans. almost as bad as agenda's system wars. (old mmo.)

Yes I’ve been doing this for fun to see what people views of the rails were on the forums since I’m pretty new and yea it’s about what I expected and yea I’m pretty excited for rail jacks 

You sound more like a propaganda bot than anything else. Rails had their problems, big ones. If they are going to come back then they're very likely to be completely revamped and with only similarity between old and new rails being the name. Don't just ask for stuff without properly doing your research and addressing the issues.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 2019-02-21 at 9:37 PM, hazerddex said:

I dont disagree with The fact that solar rails was... Faulty to say The least. Ive played warframe for as long as it has been availeble on ps4 really so ive done most stuff in The game, got all prime frames and so on. And solar rails should be brought back, UNLESS they heavily rework it to adress The issues being said here and also maybe have to even switch The way it was being played. But as much as it felt like a chore, its hard not to feel the same way about faction runs, standing grind, sorties, railjack being incredibly repetative and so on. So i wouldn't exclude The idea of something LIKE solar rails. Just not as they were, because it was a poorly made idea. Same as The old raids. It wasnt that Great either. But many players want something like a raid to play (most of them refering to destiny as a model for raids) and I belive it could be done in a Great way if DE just made them feel worth it and most of all not pure run through. 

(Yes im very aware im 2 years late to The discussion. But nobody sent me a invite either so..) 

Edited by (PSN)fiffileinen
Spelling correction