Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Remove Clan/Friend Challenges

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

I have played WF 5 years, in that time I have seen all my friends stop playing, as well as seen my clan dwindle to a nonexistant playerbase.

For me challenges like "Sortie with Friends" come as a bit of a punishment, locking me out of Nightwave rep by virtue of the fact I literally cannot do them as somebody who is friendless.  I don't think ideas like that are ever good.  It very rarely happens but sometimes DE steps on the toes of friendless players, and I think that needs to change.  I understand it's a co-op game, and I'll gladly do my sorties in public co-op but the extra layer of needing clan members/friends is insurmountable.  There needs to be public option... 99% of this game can be solod or played public outside of very few things, and for those matchmaking exists - however in this case even matchmaking cannot help.  

It's not like I haven't tried either - I've spent days, weeks, months even trying to recruit for my clan... both in-game and here on the forums.... multiple posts that go time and time again ignored... in all that time I got 1 respondant, who joined and hasn't been on for like 80 days now.    And before somebody says the crazy thing - I've played this game for 5 years, been working on my dojo for 5 years.

So please DE - consider removing these challenges and replacing them with something EVERYBODY can do.  As it stands now it's only 5000 rep I'm losing, but the fact of the matter is I shouldn't have to lose any just because nobody I know plays this game.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

There needs to be solo option

There is.

Like other content in the game, if you do it solo you will find it harder to do, in this case get rep for Nightwave. You will be able to skip like 2/5 of the challenges and still get to 30.

17 minutes ago, Nanology said:

Don't remove it, I like the fact they are pushing clan/friend play, this is needed more!

No, it's not.
They shouldn't push things on players who don't want to be in clans or who do not always have friends to play with, that's only just rude.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

the extra layer of needing clan members/friends is insurmountable

I mean.... really?

1. Type "H Friend Sortie" in Recruit Chat.
  2. Pick 3 of the players who immediately reply (note: this will happen quick since every who can will want to complete the Act)
  3. Click "Add Friend" on each of the players.
  4. Click "Accept Friend Request" 3 times.
  5. Play the Sortie.
  6. OPTIONAL: Delete the 3 friends after you do the Sortie.

Yeah, insurmounatble. Just cannot do it. Poor you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I mean.... really?

Yeah, insurmounatble. Just cannot do it. Poor you.

What a condescending tenno you are.  You think I didn't try that?  You think I didn't come up with 0 results else I would not be here complaining.  

Also if that's the only "solution" then I Think most people would agree its poor design.  Add a bunch of "fake friends" in order to complete it... might as well just make it public and remove the arbitrary restriction at that point.   I'm pretty sure most people would understand that junking up your friends list with people you don't even know in order to play the game is inherently poor design.  

I love how somebody always comes along to defend bad choices - and when they do, they do it in the worst ways possible, trying to be as pretentious and insulting as they can.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 2

The fact that this is bypassed with fiddling with your friend list and the recruitment chat is exactly why it's a useless condition. Public Matchmaking exists already, this is just adding a pointless condition to invalid the purpose of Public Matchmaking.

It's like saying, "Complete a Sortie with a Squad of 2 or more with your matchmaking set to Friends Only". Doesn't affect anything within the game, just adds an extra inconvenience to play the game.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-28 at 3:40 AM, peterc3 said:

There is.

Like other content in the game, if you do it solo you will find it harder to do, in this case get rep for Nightwave. You will be able to skip like 2/5 of the challenges and still get to 30.

People shouldn't have to skip aspects of the game because of poor design.  The fact that IS your suggestion proves its inherently bad design.  

I'm not complaining about not being able to do it solo - by the way - I said I was a solo a few times, but if you actually read what I wrote you would know I'm complaining that PUBLIC is not an option and that it must be fake friends of clan, which isn't easy/possible for anybody - it's an arbitrary restriction.  I have already tried recruiting and it hasn't gone well.  It's a pointless addition to the challenge which basically just blocks a small few players from participating for absolutely no reason.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue