Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Gliding With Melee Weapon Out = Bad

RadiAcid

Title

and while we're at it please add *option* to disable quick switching between guns and melee weapons. It's annoying to use that RMB hold combos.

That should bandaid some gripes while you work on the next "phase" I guess.

Edited by RadiAcid
  • Like 1

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

For everything we're getting, it seems to be a VERY small lose. I'm okay with it.

Well I was going to edit this post to delete and submit on the megathread, but since someone already replied...

Losing that damage mitigation while gliding is definitely not OK. Especially for those of us who likes to go sword only.

IDK about DE's vision when this melee revamp is deployed in "full version" but for now this is not okay.

Just now, RadiAcid said:

Losing that damage mitigation while gliding is definitely not OK.

Gaining that Damage Mitigation in an instant while standing/walking/running IS okay for me though. This current set up works much better on the ground than the old "Hold F and hope to god your connection to the Host allows you to switch to your melee and block before that Ancient/Scorpion snags you over" system.

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

Gaining that Damage Mitigation in an instant while standing/walking/running IS okay for me though. This current set up works much better on the ground than the old "Hold F and hope to god your connection to the Host allows you to switch to your melee and block before that Ancient/Scorpion snags you over" system.

Yeah so why take 1 step forward and 1 step back when it can just be 1 step forward.

Just now, RadiAcid said:

Yeah so why take 1 step forward and 1 step back when it can just be 1 step forward.

Then please, PLEASE give DE a suggestion for Player's to do Aim Gliding Melee blocking, while also keeping the instant-switch system AND allow your design to work on controllers as well. I'll wait.

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Then please, PLEASE give DE a suggestion for Player's to do Aim Gliding Melee blocking, while also keeping the instant-switch system AND allow your design to work on controllers as well. I'll wait.

Alright. DE should restore the block button, and make it so the switch actually happens when you FIRE the weapon. That way, you can still block in mid-air, and avoid other problems brought about by the auto-blocking (Redeemer shooting/glaive throwing being interrupted by it, etc) while still being able to quickly switch to shooting.

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I did 3 minute googling on how controllers bind with Warframe and was able to figure out thus:

Press block button with melee weapon out: Glide

Press weapon switch button while doing that: Switches to gun and starts firing

Or just any combination of buttons really

This ain't exactly rocket science

4 minutes ago, The_Tiddler said:

Alright. DE should restore the block button, and make it so the switch actually happens when you FIRE the weapon. That way, you can still block in mid-air, and avoid other problems brought about by the auto-blocking (Redeemer shooting/glaive throwing being interrupted by it, etc) while still being able to quickly switch to shooting.

Alright, a good suggestion. The Obvious problem with it being "You may waste a shot or two just trying to switch weapons while aim gliding", but it's again just a small clunky issue that's about on scale with our current set-up's.
I could see them adding in "Controller Style" options, like either switching between our current style or that suggested style.

3 hours ago, The_Tiddler said:

Wait wut!?

In on PS4 so I don't have all this melee 2.99 stuff yet

buy I love my Glaive and throw it constantly

Did you just Say, that DE introduced an auto-blocking mechanism -which I cannot control- that will randomly interrupt my attempts to throw my Glaive???

33 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Wait wut!?

In on PS4 so I don't have all this melee 2.99 stuff yet

buy I love my Glaive and throw it constantly

Did you just Say, that DE introduced an auto-blocking mechanism -which I cannot control- that will randomly interrupt my attempts to throw my Glaive???

Yep.

"Combos don't feel good? Odd movements that throw you around? Janky lag after aerial melees? LOUD AND CLEAR! We've removed your block feature, and replaced it with an autoparry that doesn't play well with certain mechanics. That about sorts this all out, right?"

Swing n' a miss.

12 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Yep.

"Combos don't feel good? Odd movements that throw you around? Janky lag after aerial melees? LOUD AND CLEAR! We've removed your block feature, and replaced it with an autoparry that doesn't play well with certain mechanics. That about sorts this all out, right?"

Swing n' a miss.

What triggers auto parry?

random gunshots? enemy melee attacks?

does it auto-parry at all times even when wielding a gun? duel wielding a pistol+glaive? or only when wielding my melee directly?

Just now, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

does it auto-parry at all times even when wielding a gun? duel wielding a pistol+glaive? or only when wielding my melee directly?

Haven't tested the latter, but ANY attack from an enemy you're aiming at with your melee weapon will cancel.

Just now, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I have no idea, honestly.

This update made it so I can't use my mouse side buttons in combat anymore.
...$120 periphery I bought, strictly to play this game on... and due to just a wacky conflict, I can no longer do melee 3.
Odd quirky thing that is bound to only affect users of Roccat mice. (or at least my version)

5 years, I can't play it anymore because mf'n autoparry.

Why couldn't they just fix the jank?? Why reinvent the whole system as if ANYONE ever used autoparry?
Forgive my butthurt, I'm just beside myself at the moment with this.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

clarify.... did you mean havent tested the 'former'?  and by, aiming with melee you mean, wielding melee weapon, not wielding gun?

Aiming with melee, yes. And I meant latter as in I haven't tested it with a pistol+glaive combo

The auto-parry they added definitely has some rough edges.  It will override attacks sometimes, and not others - for instance, if an Eximus does their ground pound explosion move, it seems like your auto-parry will override any normal melee attack you're doing to block that (which I am fine with, honestly, cause getting knocked down by those blasts sucks).  If you're just being shot at, though, your normal melee attacks usually take priority over blocking.  Additionally, some enemies' melee attacks (like the Terra Trenchers with their dual axe thingies in Orb Vallis) will force your auto-parry to override your attacks, leaving you basically parry-locked and unable to fight back until you back out of their attack range.

The melee only mode (i.e. equip only a melee weapon, don't bring a primary or secondary) they added with the last hotfix has similar issues.  It allows you to glide in melee mode again (literally only because you have no gun to aim), which is better than nothing, I guess, as a stopgap until they can properly sort that out.  However, you still auto-parry even when not actively blocking, meaning that you're still susceptible to all the auto-parry issues I mention above.  It also means you have no weapons to use with skywing, since melee forces you to fall back to the ground (I haven't tested it with modified archwing guns because I don't have any) and melee is all you have, and sometimes, actively blocking while auto-parry is also triggering can get you stuck in block mode.