Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is invasive and sets a bad trend.

DarkSignal

9 hours ago, Shalath said:

Every MMO

This has never been an excuse for anything, ever. If it was, we would never have any progress in anything ever, and people would be trying to sell you on buying Pong for the 9388th time because "every game is a clone of pong!"

If the game is a job, I'm not going to play it. I don't need a job that pays me in e-peen. It doesn't matter how many other games come out with that same garbage, I'm not going to play any of them. Warframe being different is what made me stick around in the first place, and if it's not anymore, I don't see why I or anyone else should.

The content is being put out at the same rate as my suggestion, btw, so the "content drought" is still there. It's just you're compelled to play when you're told to instead of when you want to, making it worse.

By the way, your shilling for the game? It's not going to change anyone's mind. Nobody goes "well this game became unfun but because the developers are working so hard and just need me to play so badly I will play what isn't fun". They either enjoy it and keep playing, or don't and quit. I'm just here reminding people that this content is S#&$ and will make people want to quit and do literally anything else.

Seriously, though, I got the same kind of attutide from people when I dropped PSO2, and you know what? Doesn't mean I'm going to play it again. Game was bad, I went and found new game. It's why I even gave Warframe a chance. I'm not the only one who doesn't like this S#&$, obviously.

Edited by NezuHimeSama
  • Like 3

What is Nightwave? Literally a Battlepass.

What's the purpose of Battlepass?

To keep players in game without content.

BullCLEM? Yes.

Could've been done better? Yes.

Hotel? Trivago.

And you know what? I can't do it. I can't listen to that shameless ripoff of the DJ from "The Warriors" poison the airwaves with hollow praise from her repulsive mouth flaps.

I wish I could give you separate upvote for just that.

We could just have alerts (reworked if needed) that give standing instead of replacing them with challenges (that can be total whack btw.).
Have anyone thought about that?
Sure not DE.

Edited by Critiamat
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

This has never been an excuse for anything, ever. If it was, we would never have any progress in anything ever, and people would be trying to sell you on buying Pong for the 9388th time because "every game is a clone of pong!"

If the game is a job, I'm not going to play it. I don't need a job that pays me in e-peen. It doesn't matter how many other games come out with that same garbage, I'm not going to play any of them. Warframe being different is what made me stick around in the first place, and if it's not anymore, I don't see why I or anyone else should.

The content is being put out at the same rate as my suggestion, btw, so the "content drought" is still there. It's just you're compelled to play when you're told to instead of when you want to, making it worse.

By the way, your shilling for the game? It's not going to change anyone's mind. Nobody goes "well this game became unfun but because the developers are working so hard and just need me to play so badly I will play what isn't fun". They either enjoy it and keep playing, or don't and quit. I'm just here reminding people that this content is S#&$ and will make people want to quit and do literally anything else.

Seriously, though, I got the same kind of attutide from people when I dropped PSO2, and you know what? Doesn't mean I'm going to play it again. Game was bad, I went and found new game. It's why I even gave Warframe a chance. I'm not the only one who doesn't like this S#&$, obviously.

That's just it, every game is a "job". You load the game, perform whatever tasks/challenges the game throws at you and you get a reward. Nightwave is no different. It just gives you a bunch of optional challenges you can perform to get those rewards but the key thing is they are optional. 60 minute Survival? No thanks. 5 sorties in a week? No thanks. I'm currently rank 5 in NW and I have achieved that mostly by ignoring it. I've seen a challenge or two I did because they sounded interesting. Kill x enemies with heat damage? Well I need to level this junk weapon so... Sometimes a few dudes show up in a mission, meh, free points. Nobody is forcing you to do these challenges and you would complete a third or more just by playing the game and pretending NW doesn't exist.

Want to talk about being forced? Alerts. I hate spy missions, especially Sharkwing ones. That alert shows up and I'm not getting that Nitain. Interception? Nope. Now you can choose what missions you run to get that Nitain rather than being forced into missions you hate. That is being forced because you want that Nitain, helmet of Vauban part. Have you any idea how long it took me to get the Vauban Neuroptics alone? Months because the alerts never showed up at a time I could run them and that was with the mobile app alerts enabled. Fun fact, I finished the grind for Vauban Prime before I finally got the normal neuroptics. With NW I would probably have gotten the full set in a week... mostly ignoring NW.

I'm not shilling the game, I am the first to admit that it isn't perfect but in my opinion you are no longer forced to forgo rewards because you don't want to run mission you hate or miss rewards because you are not able to play when they show up. I'm not saying NW is perfect either as there is a lot of stuff in the tiers I have no interest in before I get to those formas and the like but I think it is a solid improvement over the old alerts system.

On 2019-03-13 at 7:24 AM, Critiamat said:

What is Nightwave? Literally a Battlepass.

What's the purpose of Battlepass?

To keep players in game without content.

BullCLEM? Yes.

Could've been done better? Yes.

Hotel? Trivago.

I wish I could give you separate upvote for just that.

We could just have alerts (reworked if needed) that give standing instead of replacing them with challenges (that can be total whack btw.).
Have anyone thought about that?
Sure not DE.

Why fix what wasn't broken, I still haven't heard a good reason for not having Alerts(exactly as they were) and Nightwave running side by side, heck it would of been a great addition if they had done it that way but instead this update was more about increasing the grind and slowing the progress of new players.

you are no longer forced to forgo rewards because you don't want to run mission you hate

Funny thing that I can say pretty much the same thing if Nightwave gets removed, and replace "mission" with "challenge".  Let's be reminded the fact that alerts always had people playing and usually the party gets filled fast, and if it's a type of mission that you don't like you can always count on the 3 other players carry you thru.  Let's be reminded that it was a much simpler reward system where completing the mission gives the said reward, and no other nonsense like "kill 30 enemies with fire damage" is required.

Barring more ridiculous bullsht of the nightwave challanges like hour-long endless mission with "friends", those challenges are mostly one-dimensional, single-player in nature, and detracts player from doing the objective, apart from the instance where the objective is you to mess around and do these annoying challenges.

Alerts weren't perfect but it has been replaced by a worse system.  I take issue because the alert system wasn't even bad or in need to be replaced, and nightwave can exist alongside alerts for people who like to go that route.  The assumption that doing alerts weren't "playing the game" and somehow the new nightwave is, is ludicrous and stupid.

• Like 1