Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't we queue for Exploiter Orb?

marelooke

Good Question....... Cause I've been popping in and out of RNG Freeroam groups hoping to find one that's actually doing the orb because I can't express how much I loath LFG chat for things like this. 

It's like they didn't learn anything from the Eidolons. Where people hated it because you never knew what you where getting when you walked out of the gate at night. IS it an Eidolon group? Is it someone farming Vombulasts? Is it one guy fishing on Public? Who the heck knows~

They gain absolutely nothing by making it difficult to group up for this. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Yeah, Reb has already said on (Twitter methinks) that they'll be adding a bounty for Exploiter in the back room. I know I read that somewhere.

When you say "Bounty," is it still going to require event-limited Thermia?

52 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So what do you use recruiting chat for? 

Anything where I intend to exceed the most basic scope of a standard mission. 

For example if I intend to absolutely positively stay beyond a single rotation of an endless mission, or if I'm looking for a specific Radshare. 

12 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Anything where I intend to exceed the most basic scope of a standard mission. 

For example if I intend to absolutely positively stay beyond a single rotation of an endless mission, or if I'm looking for a specific Radshare. 

So, say that you want to go into a free roam area (where people typically go to fish, mine/farm resources, do bounties for standing and, generally faff about) but you want to take down an endgame level boss... Kinda sounds like a job for the tool you use for "anything where I intend to exceed the most basic scope of a standard mission", right? 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So, say that you want to go into a free roam area (where people typically go to fish, mine/farm resources, do bounties for standing and, generally faff about) but you want to take down an endgame level boss... Kinda sounds like a job for the tool you use for "anything where I intend to exceed the most basic scope of a standard mission", right? 

That would be comparable IF freeroam areas where representative of basic missions, it is not. You're trying to compare apples to guavas because they both come from trees.  

As for mining, fishing etc, people with any sense of common courtesy will switch those games to Friends/Invite/Solo. 

When it comes to bounties....... well that's kinda why DE put in the whole bounty matchmaking system so you didn't have to slog to LFG to find a group for a simple mission type. Something they did for the Profit Taker but failed to do for the Exploiter orb for reasons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Oreades said:

That would be comparable IF freeroam areas where representative of basic missions, it is not. You're trying to compare apples to guavas because they both come from trees.  

As for mining, fishing etc, people with any sense of common courtesy will switch those games to Friends/Invite/Solo. 

When it comes to bounties....... well that's kinda why DE put in the whole bounty matchmaking system so you didn't have to slog to LFG to find a group for a simple mission type. Something they did for the Profit Taker but failed to do for the Exploiter orb for reasons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd never compare apples to guavas. One of those is a false fruit. Which I suppose may be an apt reflection of the argument you're trying to make. 

The free roam areas do allow basic missions. They also allow farming of resources. You are looking for a very specific set of people to play with. Others are just there to mine and fish. 

Since you can't just choose a bounty to group up with likeminded individuals, your best option is to use recruiting for its intended purpose. 

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem, I follow them on Twitter for a reason. Do my best to keep up to date. So many people never seem to see or remember anything DE says.

Edited by Atsia

23 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I'd never compare apples to guavas. One of those is a false fruit. Which I suppose may be an apt reflection of the argument you're trying to make. 

The free roam areas do allow basic missions. They also allow farming of resources. You are looking for a very specific set of people to play with. Others are just there to mine and fish. 

Since you can't just choose a bounty to group up with likeminded individuals, your best option is to use recruiting for its intended purpose. 

Freeroam allows basic missions like the starchart allows basic missions. Except Freeroam is like a starchart that only has a single "mission" button that just takes to somewhere. So at the very least we can at least agree that Freeroam is a horrible matchmaking system. 

Which DE has also concluded what with the whole ya know actually adding in the bounty matchmaking systems for the freeroam zones. 

Since I got my Hildryn (and some stupid ice thing) in four runs, my best option is to just wait DE out because the prospects are either letting the content essentially die or adding the matchmaking system. At which point I'll probably play the Exploiter on occasion for the funzies because it was otherwise an enjoyable encounter. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Freeroam allows basic missions like the starchart allows basic missions. Except Freeroam is like a starchart that only has a single "mission" button that just takes to somewhere. So at the very least we can at least agree that Freeroam is a horrible matchmaking system. 

And so, we have a tool that allows us to seek likeminded individuals with a common goal: recruiting chat. 

47 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Which DE has also concluded what with the whole ya know actually adding in the bounty matchmaking systems for the freeroam zones

And the recruiting chat. Because I suspect that we've both seen quite a few complaints about people fishing and mining while not doing the bounties. Which, seems to be something that the recruiting chat can assist with, while bounties haven't eliminated. 

I figure that it will be added to the list at some point, but until then, if you decide that you want to try, might want to reconsider using the recruiting chat for its intended purpose. 👍

17 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And so, we have a tool that allows us to seek likeminded individuals with a common goal: recruiting chat. 

And the recruiting chat. Because I suspect that we've both seen quite a few complaints about people fishing and mining while not doing the bounties. Which, seems to be something that the recruiting chat can assist with, while bounties haven't eliminated. 

I figure that it will be added to the list at some point, but until then, if you decide that you want to try, might want to reconsider using the recruiting chat for its intended purpose. 👍

Yes a tool much in the way a handsaw and a chainsaw do the same thing. Any guess as to which I'd rather cut a tree down with? But hey if you like the MUD interface and spending an extra 5-10 minutes finding a group for a basic mission that is going to last maybe 5-10 minutes. More power to ya. 

To the issue of leechers, recruiting chat doesn't stop people from trying to limp in on missions, it just mitigates the occurrence by some degree. As evidenced by Radshares and the number of times I've sat in recruiting MUD to find a group only to end up in that group with the one person who things they can sneak their junk relic in and no one is going to notice. When it comes to leechers the best option is to report them and eventually they will accumulate enough credible reports that they'll get booted out of the game. (for clarification I don't consider scummy relic people to be "leechers", that was just one example of #recruitchatfail that I have personally run into on multiple occasions) 

Thankfully some point is coming sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Oreades

21 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Yes a tool much in the way a handsaw and a chainsaw do the same thing. Any guess as to which I'd rather cut a tree down with? But hey if you like the MUD interface and spending an extra 5-10 minutes finding a group for a basic mission that is going to last maybe 5-10 minutes. More power to ya. 

To the issue of leechers, recruiting chat doesn't stop people from trying to limp in on missions, it just mitigates the occurrence by some degree. As evidenced by Radshares and the number of times I've sat in recruiting MUD to find a group only to end up in that group with the one person who things they can sneak their junk relic in and no one is going to notice. When it comes to leechers the best option is to report them and eventually they will accumulate enough credible reports that they'll get booted out of the game. (for clarification I don't consider scummy relic people to be "leechers", that was just one example of #recruitchatfail that I have personally run into on multiple occasions) 

Thankfully some point is coming sooner rather than later. 

Dunno what you'd prefer to use. I saw the chain snap on a chainsaw once when I was much younger and it was sheer luck that nobody was hit, ever since then I don't get it anywhere near the blasted things. If that's the one you would pick, more power to you but I'm gonna be on the other side of the building with the first aid kit. If I hear hollering I'll be there in a jiffy. 

I used to really enjoy the local MUDs, taught me how to create macros that automated basic tasks for me. With the recruiting process chat you probably don't even need that. Just filter for exploited and drop your "LFG plz message me" and go find something else to occupy you like petting kitties or puppy and poke at your builds and the foundry. If you get done with that, repeat the line.