Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE add an option to disable Nora Night transmission

SonicSonedit

They are very distracting and gradually become annoying!

Its cool to hear her for a few first times, but when she starts her minute long transmission for third in same mission and then starts again at your ship (I like to listen to grineer dialogs at radio) this becomes annoying. There is an Orids volume slider, I would very much like to have one for Nora. Turning off radio won't do, because:

• I like to listen to grineer and corpus chatter on radio, so I do not want to disable radio, just Nora
  • Even if you turn off radio you will have a minute long transmission during gameplay, sometimes multiples times per mission

Also Nora has very loud, emotional voiceover, and unlike most other transmission, it feels like she is literally crying into my ear, but this may be subjective (Maybe because I use loudness equalization for Dead By Daylight?)

• Like 5

Friends from the US tell me she sounds like a late-night talk radio host. To me, she sounds like someone trying REALLY hard to sound sultry, but instead ends up sounding creepy. The voice actress ends up elongating nearly all of her vowels, and that gets really old really fast.

"Juuust when you thought you'd seeeeen it all. Heaaard it all. Done. It. AAALL. There's aaallwaaaays moooore."

It ends up sounding goofy and hammy. While that's not always bad - I like me some Alad V weirdness and Sargus Ruk punctuating. Every. Word. TENNO!!! But Nora Night is excessively hammy for a character who talks constantly across all missions and in all content, and THAT is grating. Especially when she never has anything useful or even on topic to say. So what we're left with is a giant ham piping into our missions to deliver empty plattitudes and fortune cookie wisdom with fairly few unique voice lines recorded.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Have you tried turning off the scanner?its called nightwave now...outside of wolf captures and pulling up nightwave i really dont hear her much

Switching off the scanner is not enough. It won't stop her from spamming us during missions. "Not much" is still greater than zero, which for me (and I'm guessing the OP) is still the only acceptable level of interference from Nora.