Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's 1st ability enthrall

TzXtetriC

Please consider to make enthralled enemies immune to squad dmg, its really useless to try make enemies to help you out and then kill them on certain spots to kill enemies with pillar when squad just fires and kills everything on sight. 
Revenant should be the only one able to kill enthralled enemies, " Like nyx mind control, nidus parasitic link, garuda's blood altar, all immune to squad dmg"

No. Make only the first thrall when you cast it immune. Have that one store taken damage and take it all at the end of its duration. No addtionally maually created thralls can be immune as this would break the ability. Finally make it so that additional manual thralls share the duration of the first.

This allows the thralls to spread without ruining the ability to create lots of damaging pillars.

Also make it so the pillars can damage thralls (but not the invulnerable first one).

This all would allow thralls and deadly pillars to spread without needing to be spamming the ability, allowing a temporary cycle of targets getting enthralled and killed more easily as a result.

Believe me when I say that this is one of the things people have been requesting the most to fix revenant, as there's really no reason for it to be there in the first place.

However, since DE seems hellbent on making Enthrall, and revenant in general as squad unfriendly as humanly possible, I wouldn't see it happening at any point in time. 

(also they glitched the ever-living hell out of it in the mainline, so it's not even as useful as it should be, which admittedly isn't saying much.) 

Edited by JohnLemon123

57 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

yeah well first time revenant came out there were trolls making defense missions take longer to complete cause he kept enthralling them. Especially the Noxes that require head shots to kill quickly. Even when I asked them to stop they kept going. So I can see why DE doesn’t do what y’all are wanting them to. 

that would be true if thralls weren't removed from the enemy spawn pools, which they are. As such, there is ZERO reason for allies to be able to hurt them.

9 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

Please consider to make enthralled enemies immune to squad dmg, its really useless to try make enemies to help you out and then kill them on certain spots to kill enemies with pillar when squad just fires and kills everything on sight. 
Revenant should be the only one able to kill enthralled enemies, " Like nyx mind control, nidus parasitic link, garuda's blood altar, all immune to squad dmg"

Good idea for an augment

7 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

No. Make only the first thrall when you cast it immune. Have that one store taken damage and take it all at the end of its duration. No addtionally maually created thralls can be immune as this would break the ability. Finally make it so that additional manual thralls share the duration of the first.

This allows the thralls to spread without ruining the ability to create lots of damaging pillars.

Also make it so the pillars can damage thralls (but not the invulnerable first one).

This all would allow thralls and deadly pillars to spread without needing to be spamming the ability, allowing a temporary cycle of targets getting enthralled and killed more easily as a result.

Well i was meaning to make it immune but making the first one you enthrall immune to other dmg would work great aswell, moving him to a position you want and killing him to create a pillar there.

His 1 seems fine to me, I genuinely don't see an issue with it, but I'm sure I'll get attacked for saying that. "It doesn't make sense with his lore!" or "Its so dumb and useless to his kit!" Wonderful group of people.

1 hour ago, Streos said:

His 1 seems fine to me, I genuinely don't see an issue with it, but I'm sure I'll get attacked for saying that. "It doesn't make sense with his lore!" or "Its so dumb and useless to his kit!" Wonderful group of people.

Imo it has issues, most of them stemming from the lack of being able to properly use it in a group setting. It's better now thanks to having another means of spreading (rather than only relying on manual Enthralls or enemy AI to do it).

Besides that there's issues with AI units generally not being useful (as enemy on enemy damage is low) and it not being that great an aggro puller (mainly thanks to the fact that at the end of it all they're just enemies you're allowing to live and not actually allies).

There is also the anti synergy this ability has with radiation (ironically a stat on both of Revenants themed weapons), but I suppose that could be fixed, albeit at the cost of his 4 being much less effective against thralled enemies. (unless they make them immune to specifically only radiation procs)

With his kit largely being centered around this ability I see it as an issue. Something that can be fixed, but I can understand why people such as @CyklonDX and yourself would want it or his entire kit to remain as is. (Change is often uncertain and subjectivity is always present)

In the end this is just my opinion, just as yours is yours, but all in all I don't see this ability being worth not changing despite its positives. (which in my eyes are too few and not too practical)

• Like 1

My opinion is mostly backed by historical experience since '13 with warframe; how DE fixes (cough-nerf-cought) frames, and weapons...

Once they sit and take a look at revenant again, they'll nerf him to s*its - and they'll have 100 shills on forums defending de - and stating how much powerful it is now, and we just don't understand it... (but after patches it will be least relevant frame ever, as it'll be worse by any standard.)

with Revenant today can easily push 50min solo. (and i could've stayed for longer, i was getting bored.)

cXFSddp.png

Edited by CyklonDX

I wish Revenant was known more than just being a pillar dispenser, namely being another potential minion master frame. There's not enough frames that caters to players who can create minions to fight for them, and Revenant's enthrall could've made him one.

I wish Revenant's minions would all get Nyx's mind control effects, as in making them build up player damage which applies when the effect wears off. Make them more than instant damage pillars, because teammates instakill everything on sight.