Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem with Nightwave

Qarte

3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

You gotta be kidding me. We couldn't have gotten a more passive challenge than that and yet someone still finds a reason to complain. Next daily might as well be "Login for 5 minutes", wonder who's gonna make a thread about how they don't have 5 minutes to play the game.

More passive challenge? How about "Complete 1 Mission"? Yeah, I actually got that...

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Eheuheuheww said:

More passive challenge? How about "Complete 1 Mission"? Yeah, I actually got that...

We all did, the challenges are the same for everyone. I'm waiting for the "Login once" challenge at this point, maybe make it an Elite Weekly.

4 hours ago, Qarte said:

Hello everyone, I am not a frequent visitor to the forums but last week I’ve ran into a problem with one particular Nightwave challenge and I’d like to share my frustration that the developers of this wonderful game could do something like this.

The challenge that made me upset is last week’s bullet jump challenge that required the player to bullet jump exactly 150 times. I don’t want to be forced to bullet jump in my missions, I want to explore the game and its many tilesets at my own pace and trying to force players into a specific playstyle like that just seems wrong to me. I like to explore the different maps in Warframe and being forced to rush through the mission like that just ruins my immersion.

It’s not all about immersion too, - The challenge is needlessly grindy and repetitive, I don’t want to spam click my keyboard for 150 times?! Not to mention all of the rewards locked behind the Nightwave system, behind challenges that oppress the player into playstyles they don’t enjoy.

I personally think that bullet jumping and movement in general should be re-worked to a slower version so players can truly immerse themselves in the world of Warframe, you can’t even see the work artists put in the environment if you run through the map so fast.

All in all I have to say that I am quite disappointed with the direction that Nightwave is heading. I’ve expected better from you DE.

The real problem with nightwave is no matter what they do with the challenges people find a reason to cry about them.

29 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah. But you're the one who decides to farm for those cosmetics. No one is forcing you to get those. It's your decision only.

You are forcing yourself to do it. It is very easy for want to become need, with the right self justification. And that is exactly the kind of mindset that most F2P games want their players to have. I don't want that shiny trinket. I need it. I need it so badly that I will play hours of whatever pointless objectives they give me just so that I can have it.

Sure, this may sound silly to you or me, but some people have real trouble with addiction, and encouraging that kind of mindset from them is dangerous. This is why so many games, even Warframe, have reminders to take a break every hour.

8 hours ago, Qarte said:

The challenge that made me upset is last week’s bullet jump challenge that required the player to bullet jump exactly 150 times. I don’t want to be forced to bullet jump in my missions, I want to explore the game and its many tilesets at my own pace and trying to force players into a specific playstyle like that just seems wrong to me. I like to explore the different maps in Warframe and being forced to rush through the mission like that just ruins my immersion.

I don't rush through missions.  I'm the guy that will run but I don't constantly parkour to race to the end and I easily got the reward.  150 bullet jumps isn't much in a day.  If you think it was, then go a a mission and do your jumps in a single mission.

Biggest problem is the forced reset and the pressure it puts on players. I missed the first 3 weeks, so I won’t reach the Umbra forma which is the only good reward for long time tenno

and even if I started week 1, I wouldn’t reach a goal that needs constant time investment over 10 weeks. That’s not how warframe worked in the past

let people finish their nightwave runs at their own pace. I don’t care if others finish multiple nightwave acts by the time I do one. But getting a reset half way through every time makes the whole feature pointless