The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to turn opticor vandal from average to GODLY

17inchguns

personally I like my Vandal more even with the lower damage, because it basically has fire-rate mods pre-installed: with Vanilla Opticor I needed both Speed Trigger and Shred to make it no longer feel too clunky IMO, the Vandal however has such a good abse charge time that I can just pile on damage, crit and elements without worry. sure, it might not crucify a level 155 instantly, but I don't normally fight those levels anyway. at the levels people are comparing the two, you'd probably be better off using something other than the Opticor anyway, Ignis Wraith for example.

hace 22 horas, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

you'd probably be better off using something other than the Opticor anyway, Ignis Wraith for example.

Exactly my point. People keep saying its more usable now, yet you can mod the regular opticor to be very close in terms of feel to the vandal, or simply put arcane acceleration on. The problem is you dont get the "opticor" feel anymore of having a 1 shot 1 kill laser beam. As I said before and as you mentioned, there are far better weapons out there for DPS or usability, such as ignis. 

hace 23 horas, Lutesque dijo:

LoL.... don't have Riven so this doesn't help me.

I like this Rifle but goodlord the 60% Crit chance really hurts this weapon. 

I've been using Prisma Grinlok instead. Its got 94% Crit chance so atleast its easier to plan my play style around if I know exactly how much damage im going to do.

If crits are your concern you can add arcane rage and argon scope. 

2 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

If crits are your concern you can add arcane rage and argon scope. 

LoL... I don't have Arcane Rage.... 

In any case I added Critical Delay and Vile Acceleration to my Opticor Vandal and all that gave me was 71%... its not really ideal for a single Fire Weapon and it cost me two Extra mods that don't deal any Damage.... 

I feel like this is a persistent problem with Charge or Semi Auto Weapons that only let loose a single projectile... 

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

LoL... I don't have Arcane Rage.... 

In any case I added Critical Delay and Vile Acceleration to my Opticor Vandal and all that gave me was 71%... its not really ideal for a single Fire Weapon and it cost me two Extra mods that don't deal any Damage.... 

I feel like this is a persistent problem with Charge or Semi Auto Weapons that only let loose a single projectile... 

Don't forget multi-shot. I think each bullet has a chance to crit with the same 60% chance... so a Vigilante Armaments and Split Chamber will give 2 bullets with a 50% chance of a 3rd. Then the chance at least one bullet crits is 84% for 2 bullets and ~94% for 3 bullets.

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Don't forget multi-shot. I think each bullet has a chance to crit with the same 60% chance... so a Vigilante Armaments and Split Chamber will give 2 bullets with a 50% chance of a 3rd. Then the chance at least one bullet crits is 84% for 2 bullets and ~94% for 3 bullets.

Yeah I have Split chamber on and even at 90% it doesn't proc as much as I expected it to.... I really hate this mod on Semi Auto Rifles... 

Just so we're clear I mean the 2nd Projectile doesn't spawn as often as you would expect it too (I had the same issue with Magus Elevate) 

I hate playing a game where I don't know what effect my weapon is going to have. 😞

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah I have Split chamber on and even at 90% it doesn't proc as much as I expected it to.... I really hate this mod on Semi Auto Rifles... 

Just so we're clear I mean the 2nd Projectile doesn't spawn as often as you would expect it too (I had the same issue with Magus Elevate) 

I hate playing a game where I don't know what effect my weapon is going to have. 😞

Add Vigilante Armaments.

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I can't.... there won't be any Room for my Elemental Mods 

For elemental, I use Serration, Heavy Caliber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, High Voltage and Malignant Force.

For toying with Slash and Hunter Munitions, I don't even bother with elemental and I instead got an Argon Scope, Hunter Munitions and Vigilante Armaments/Bladed Rounds. The elementals just won't fit unless you have a riven that can replace other mods.

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

For elemental, I use Serration, Heavy Caliber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, High Voltage and Malignant Force.

I tried this against the exploiter.  It still didn't crit consistently enough...

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

The elementals just won't fit unless you have a riven that can replace other mods

If only I was that lucky.