Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignoring nightwave seems like a good idea

AltheusV

3 minutes ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times. Has it been confirmed that the umbral forma will be tradable?

I've seen nothing anywhere that suggest it's tradable, especially considering that Forma isn't tradable in the first place, why would  Umbral forma be different.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

I've seen nothing anywhere that suggest it's tradable, especially considering that Forma isn't tradable in the first place, why would  Umbral forma be different.

Yeah, this was my thinking as well. I was just starting to think I missed something since I’ve seen multiple different people mention how much plat they’re likely to make off of it, lol.

On 2019-03-27 at 7:46 PM, Ceryk said:

If you play 6-8 hours a day, 5-7 days a week, you're right, it's not a problem and it doesn't govern how you play. If, however, you only play 1 or 2 hour sessions a few times a week, it totally governs how you play unless you want to ignore Nightwave. I've felt VERY coerced into playing what the game tells me to play because I want that Umbra Forma. Wasn't enjoying myself playing the game when I was playing that way so I've accepted that I probably won't be getting it because there just aren't enough objectives for me to get that 65% of the objectives to max out that don't require me to allow my gameplay to be dictated by the game when I do feel like playing.

One thing you have to remember about Nightwave - it's a permanent timed event. If you want the top-tier rewards, you have to keep showing up for work on schedule day after day, week after week. I absolutely understand and share your sense of stress, and have resolved to do much the same thing. I'll grab whatever Nightwave crap I can while playing the game normally, but ain't no way I'm going out of my way to fish for Grove Specters or do 40 waves of defence or what have you. That probably means I won't get the Umbral Forma, but oh well. I can live with that, if it means not letting Waframe control my life.

The dumbest part, by the way, is Nightwave was supposed to REMOVE the stress and pressure and "structure your life around the game" issues of Alerts, yet in my experience those were made worse... At the expense of removing a pretty cool "Quick Play" like system.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times. Has it been confirmed that the umbral forma will be tradable?

Probably not. But considering DEs history with past rewards being reintroduced, the UF will most likely be introduced as a reward in other ways. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

18 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Write this down: Patience always wins in Warframe.

In WF land there is no truer statement. 

Well, thankfully, I play warframe because I enjoy the gameplay, so I don't really mind farming stuff early, even if it's a bit harder or less efficient to do so. 

Just like I enjoy the hype and craziness of trying to get all the prime access stuff on launch day. Just part of how I have fun. To each their own, right?

On 2019-03-27 at 1:14 PM, tarfeef101 said:

Umbral forma tho.

This. 

If you're inclined to min/maxing--and many of us are--these aren't optional. This is progression. If it's progression, it's mandatory. Period. 

If you can resist that particular form of gaming OCD, then you can safely ignore the whole thing. 

I'm used to games with dailies. They have both good and bad sides. I don't like 'to do' lists all that much, but it does give you something to do even if it is kind of nagging at you. The issue with NW (and the umbral forma) is you're time limited. You must complete so much to get there (and of course it's at the end of the season) and not everything is going to get done. It's looking like it's doable with a fair amount of drop out on the weeklies, but I'd still like to see a looser timeframe. 

It's worth doing some just to score some wolfbucks for the potatoes, assuming you don't care about the cosmetics or the UF. If you do care about them, then you're on the treadmill for better or worse.  

I'll say this though, it's got me playing again at nights. I haven't really put hours in on WF at night in quite a while. Now I do again just because of NW. 

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

This. 

If you're inclined to min/maxing--and many of us are--these aren't optional. This is progression. If it's progression, it's mandatory. Period. 

If you can resist that particular form of gaming OCD, then you can safely ignore the whole thing. 

I'm used to games with dailies. They have both good and bad sides. I don't like 'to do' lists all that much, but it does give you something to do even if it is kind of nagging at you. The issue with NW (and the umbral forma) is you're time limited. You must complete so much to get there (and of course it's at the end of the season) and not everything is going to get done. It's looking like it's doable with a fair amount of drop out on the weeklies, but I'd still like to see a looser timeframe. 

It's worth doing some just to score some wolfbucks for the potatoes, assuming you don't care about the cosmetics or the UF. If you do care about them, then you're on the treadmill for better or worse.  

I'll say this though, it's got me playing again at nights. I haven't really put hours in on WF at night in quite a while. Now I do again just because of NW. 

I was, at least, glad to find out after a couple day work trip that the dailies are only issued daily, but you get a few to complete them. That was nice.

On 2019-03-27 at 10:34 AM, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Steve said you would only need to get roughly 60% of the available points to get to everything. I just don't understand why you feel like it has somehow or another "governed" you. 

There are a couple issues with nightwave.  The first being that while "Steve said" you only need to get roughly 60%.  We still haven't experienced it yet and are unsure.  This first nightwave is just throwing everything wild and keeps tossing things we aren't enjoying at us.  On top of the fact that "Steve said" is very different from we actually have any clue about what is going on means that we don't have any assurance that we will get what we want out of nightwave.

The alert system wasn't just secure, it was working well and while awards came along randomly, we still knew we could get what we wanted.  The nightwave does not guarantee anything for all of the players yet.  Part of that is because this is the first time, but the other part is because for some people, some rewards on the level scale are useless and for other people they need rewards on the scale to get things that were regularly available free during the alert system.

We aren't sure of what we are getting out of this system and are still worried that this first one isn't going to get us the rewards.  We are seeing that a long term season like this is also offering a lot of things we don't really want to do.  Skip enough of them and you miss that 60% and yet we don't have a warning that we are going to miss the higher rewards.

Another issue, someone that does every challenge gets lots of wolf credits after they finish the list.  If they can finish every challenge, they probably already have everything that the wolf credits offer.  So they are going to have a bunch of throw away wolf credits at the end.

Finally, as said at the top.  What does he really get out of nightwave?  Or more importantly, is nightwave really giving me a goal, or just pushing me to play.  And if it is pushing me to play, am I burning out on warframe much faster than if it wasn't so loaded with things that I don't really want to do.  With the alert system, you can just skip an alert and wait for another one.  You have to be patient but the reward comes back around eventually.  With Nightwave, you can't just skip it because the reward doesn't come around as easily.  You have to play to earn points or you miss the reward for possibly years.  I doubt the wolf of Saturn six is going to break out of prison again any time soon.

• Like 2