Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balancing Soma

Eidolon_Slayer

IMHO, a NERF is strongly desirable, this weapon being a game-killer and a slap in the face for all of us that have invested time and credits/ressources to improve their mastery rank in order to build powerfum weapons like the flux rifle, the supra, the acrid, etc.

What will be the motivation for a level 3 player to get higher ranks if he already can craft very easily the godlike high tier Primary ?

BTW, Armor 2.0 could make things worse because armor-ignoring weapons like the flux rifle or Lanka (that require mastery 7) could definitely lose their last advantage when compared to standard weapons (bullet damage) like the Soma.

A nerf is the only viable option because it is too late to increase the mastery rank needed, every player having already crafted or bought this so easily.

I think they pushed it too fast into the market, balance is broken atm among primaries because of this thing.

IMHO, a NERF is strongly desirable, this weapon being a game-killer and a slap in the face for all of us that have invested time and credits/ressources to improve their mastery rank in order to build powerfum weapons like the flux rifle, the supra, the acrid, etc.

What will be the motivation for a level 3 player to get higher ranks if he already can craft very easily the godlike high tier Primary ?

BTW, Armor 2.0 could make things worse because armor-ignoring weapons like the flux rifle or Lanka (that require mastery 7) could definitely lose their last advantage when compared to standard weapons (bullet damage) like the Soma.

A nerf is the only viable option because it is too late to increase the mastery rank needed, every player having already crafted or bought this so easily.

I think they pushed it too fast into the market, balance is broken atm among primaries because of this thing.

Give me 20 plat or an already built catalyst and I'll be fine with whatever nerf you people want

the nerfers trying to destroy the game by crying and raging 24/7 for nerfs of beautiful new weapons and frames which are perfectly fine

like in some many games and usually they bring attitude like this with them.

I hope they nerf it so that self-entitled kooks like yourself leave.

all i can say that all the rest of the nerfers will quit the game so we will have a clean forum and DE can catch some breath from all that troll rage

"NERF PLZ CRYCRYCRY"

also DE should start to realize they have a solid prodcut that gives a lot of competition to the future market of fps/lvl up/roleplay element games

and should be aware of paid trolls that come to forum like agents under false flag and try to destroy things make crap suggestions that makes the game bad and takes something away instead of adding.

there was a article about nvidia forum which was sieged by paid forum trolls. all i can recommed for the devs is dont take the nerfer trolls too serious.

and concentrate on adding to the game and making stuff fun /buff weak stuff instead of nerfing anything into S#&$ so everyone who had fun with this game leave because then the trolls got what they want.

What makes nerfing a minority of disproportionately strong content less tolerable than buffing the majority of content?

Seems like the later would both be more work, have more potential for mistakes to be made, all for similar end results + bigger numbers.

the nerfers trying to destroy the game by crying and raging 24/7 for nerfs of beautiful new weapons and frames which are perfectly fine

like in some many games and usually they bring attitude like this with them.

all i can say that all the rest of the nerfers will quit the game so we will have a clean forum and DE can catch some breath from all that troll rage

"NERF PLZ CRYCRYCRY"

also DE should start to realize they have a solid prodcut that gives a lot of competition to the future market of fps/lvl up/roleplay element games

and should be aware of paid trolls that come to forum like agents under false flag and try to destroy things make crap suggestions that makes the game bad and takes something away instead of adding.

there was a article about nvidia forum which was sieged by paid forum trolls. all i can recommed for the devs is dont take the nerfer trolls too serious.

and concentrate on adding to the game and making stuff fun /buff weak stuff instead of nerfing anything into S#&$ so everyone who had fun with this game leave because then the trolls got what they want.

You really don't get it, do you? You can't keep buffing everything indefinitely. That's called power inflation, it destroys the balance of the difficulty curve.

You really don't get it, do you? You can't keep buffing everything indefinitely. That's called power inflation, it destroys the balance of the difficulty curve.

what difficulty you speak of? you refer the word difficult to this game? even before the soma i would have to laugh at you

what difficulty you speak of? you refer the word difficult to this game? even before the soma i would have to laugh at you

No one has remotely claimed that Soma is the first, only, or most disproportionally powerful weapon in the game.

It is, however, another one. Just taking into account Primaries, things weren't looking that bad before Soma, but now, amongst non-research, non-exclusive items, there is only Soma.

Everyone is well aware that some Secondaries still outclass Soma, and that Secondaries in general grossly outclass primaries, that Acrid outclass most all Secondaries, that Nova farts all over most content, and a million other things...but Soma is not helping matters, it's exacerbating them.

Everyone is well aware that some Secondaries still outclass Soma, and that Secondaries in general grossly outclass primaries, that Acrid outclass most all Secondaries, that Nova farts all over most content, and a million other things...but Soma is not helping matters, it's exacerbating them.

or maybe the devs have a different OPINION of THEIR finished product than your OPINION?

you dont like the direction its heading? well I enjoy it so why should people who enjoy it leave?

why dont people who want everything good nerfed into S#&$ just leave as it looks like they dont enjoy this direction?

Edited by zzang

So you would rather lock it in people inventories until they hit Mastery 8? Neither way of addressing it is really fair to players. It should have been caught "in house" but it wasn't so we must adjust with DE as they address weapons.

I got to Mastery rank 10 without crafting a single clan weapon. It would work. Just up the resource to craft it too, so it would be on pair with clan weapons(freaking Forma should be removed).

Edited by Makemap

I got to Mastery rank 10 without crafting a single clan weapon. It would work. Just up the resource to craft it too, so it would be on pair with clan weapons(freaking Forma should be removed).

And how many of those weapons have you enjoyed and not sold? I know that there are enough to get up there to higher Mastery than mine but I won't grind a weapon I hate (Mire for example) just for Mastery Rank.

And how many of those weapons have you enjoyed and not sold? I know that there are enough to get up there to higher Mastery than mine but I won't grind a weapon I hate (Mire for example) just for Mastery Rank.

Personally, I find very few weapons intolerable, and sell as few of them as possible.

I have found myself running out of slots recently, and have begun to sell my starter weapons, plus most things I haven't Catalyzed, once it reaches 30.

Getting a weapon to 30 really isn't that big of a deal, and doesn't necessarily need to be a grind. Leave it strapped to your back for a few hours, then throw enough mods on it to not make it completely worthless, and use it.

or maybe the devs have a different OPINION of THEIR finished product than your OPINION?

you dont like the direction its heading? well I enjoy it so why should people who enjoy it leave?

why dont people who want everything good nerfed into S#&$ just leave as it looks like they dont enjoy this direction?

This is a Beta, not a finished product, and I think it's abundantly clear that the Devs and I do not see eye to eye with regards to game balance. No one is more keenly aware of this than I.

Also, I never suggested anyone leave. I intend to play Warframe as long as I find it enjoyable, and I suspect most players will do the same. However, I am certainly going to push for what I would personally find more enjoyable. This would involve reining in inflation rather than increasing it's upward spiral.

It also happens that I honestly believe this would be better for the game in general, and result in less work for the Devs in the long run. As it is, they revisit old content far too frequently, while still pushing out gobs of new content without fixing prior stuff. Something less...haphazard...would probably improve enjoyment and efficiency.

Personally, I find very few weapons intolerable, and sell as few of them as possible.

I have found myself running out of slots recently, and have begun to sell my starter weapons, plus most things I haven't Catalyzed, once it reaches 30.

Getting a weapon to 30 really isn't that big of a deal, and doesn't necessarily need to be a grind. Leave it strapped to your back for a few hours, then throw enough mods on it to not make it completely worthless, and use it.

Fair point I have started doing that. I actually know that some people I know have left the game because weapons "didn't feel effective" when they started the game. I don't quite know what he meant by that as the Braton was decent at level 1 even against low level Grineer.