Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts gone on NSW, did we not get exploiter orb fight?

(NSW)Derrion

Question

Generally very confused about how this event is playing out for NSW, I did all my thermia fractures long ago and scanned all the codex stuff but was never able to enter exploiter fight in the cave. Now I see the event is gone and I'm worried that I missed my opportunity. If anyone could clear this up I would appreciate it.

22 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Majin_Souji said:

You can start the fight at anytime now by talking to Eudico in the back room.

10 minutes ago, GentlePuppet said:

idk about nsw but on pc you have to talk to little duck to get exploiter orb match making

Thats a recent PC update. none of the consoles have that yet.

5 hours ago, Trig said:

The only problem now is the diluted thermia

Since its only farmable during Thermia Fracture event.

But if you did 100 fractures, to get the rewards, during the event you'll have a bunch laying around.
25 minimum since you get 1 per 4 fractures and had to complete 100 fractures.
And since it costs 1, to start the fight, and you can keyshare it, it shouldn't be a problem for people that ground the event to the bone.

If you and yer squad only have 1 thermia each then ya'll could run it 4 times.

Edited by GentlePuppet

2 hours ago, GentlePuppet said:

But if you did 100 fractures, to get the rewards, during the event you'll have a bunch laying around.
And since it costs 1, to start the fight, and you can keyshare it, it shouldn't be a problem for people that ground the event to the bone.

i have like maybe 8-12 diluted thermia and i did 100 fractures man

TL;DR:  The exploiter Boss room opened by mistake before it was supposed to, and a lot of people farmed the Exploiter Orb before DE even came back into the office the next day.  DE couldn't find a good way to fix it, so they simply left the Boss room open to everyone.  There was no "official announcement" for the start of the Exploiter Boss, because everyone across consoles already had access to it for a few days.

Edited by (NSW)Dingr

Wow I gotta wonder how the hell in all the time ive been playing since that was posted & no one said a thing, I literally saw this thread & was gonna say not yet, but should be coming soon.

So color me freakin stupified, hey DE maybe SAY SOMETHING SOMEWHERE besides a forum post, you know, that little ticker that tells us about dev streams? Maybe send mail to all players letting them know its available?

Kinda crappy to have to find out umpteenth hand almost 10 full days afterwards, especially with the ghouls dropping, my regular play & trying to not want to floss with barbed wire running the Nightflush/wave hoops providing ample distraction.

Thanks poster! and DE get your crap together man, no reason not to let everyone know VIA THE IN GAME MEANS that this event became available.

Y'all can send mass mails when Baro arrives & cosmetics go on sale in the store, but skip this? wtf?

I have already farmed exploiter multiple times, just get to deck 12, throw the diluted thermia into the machine, and start the fight. Iirc the fight has been around for more than a couple of weeks. It will remain accesible for everyone as long as you can throw a diluted thermia in.

12 hours ago, GentlePuppet said:

still, for those who missed the Thermia Fracture, there's only taxi option for them.

at least for the time being

Edited by Trig

Exploiter Orb is available if you have Diluted Thermia.  Start it on Deck 12 as per normal.  Once you're out of Diluted Thermia, you'll need to group with someone who has it.  You will be able to get more once they bring back the Fractures, which will be Fortuna's version of the Ghoul outbreaks.

• Like 1

I guess my main confusion is understanding how I was supposed to know WHEN I could start attempting Exploiter Orb. I had scanned all the codex stuff around fortuna during buried debts and tried to go in the cave, but the door wouldn't open. Since then I hadn't checked because nothing in game told me it had changed. Frustrating lack of communication to the player by DE unless I missed something.

Anyways, thanks for all the replies everyone!

On 2019-04-09 at 3:11 PM, (NSW)Derrion said:

Frustrating lack of communication to the player by DE unless I missed something.

If it went the same as on PC then the event section on the nav panel should have had progress bars for each of the scan objects. As soon as that was completed Deck 12 was open.

On 2019-04-08 at 12:55 AM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Umm it was active same time as PS4 and XB1. 

yeah i kinda realized that after i posted it and was like ehh i dont care for all i know i could be right and for all YOU know i could be talking about what majin said but i was half asleep so i forgot to quote it and i have been face palming for the last 3 days