Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration screws up game

Stormwylf

Host Migration is a nightmare.  Three times today in Void Fissures once the host migrates, game basically locks up, you sit looking at the choose a Void Relic screen, and you can't choose, and can't move on. Then you lose everything you have picked up.

Mentioned it in subsequent runs, and one player had it happen 8 times, and another mentioned they had same issue.  Of course we are all beating our heads against the wall for the Nightwave quest.  But this has been RAGE inducing.

Edited by Stormwylf

Host Migration Issues On Survival :

Life support percentage stops counting down

Mission time stops counting up

Minmap resets

Kills and stats reset

melee attack gets bugged (doesn't work)

transfering out to your operator gets bugged (doesn't work),

Floating in orbitor then straight to mission failed screen even after completing a full rotation you get no rewards peroid; This one is particularly rage inducing when you have job and limited time to play and the time you do have gets wasted and you get nothing.

Often in Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon public, the host leaves and it results in a connection lost message. I have had it happen numerous times. I suspect that those hosting don't know to leave the squad and just Alt-F4 out of the game or the host migration is failing at an alarmingly high rate. These are both areas that tend to have lots of loot built up when it happens, too. It has cost me a great deal of gems, sentient cores, and fish. The beacons in Orb Vallis seem to self-destruct upon placement after a host migration or two as well.

after an eidolon hunt this is a problem.. you lose not only the rewards, but all the night and you need to wait over a F****** half an hour to try again, this problem should be solve loooooooong ago, but here we are, at least keep the remaining loot

Just happened to me right now, after a bounty host left while me and one other member was inside the gate of fortuna waiting for mission completion and I got a "host left squad disbanding/host migration" message (couldn't see which one, it was a flash of a moment) and woke up in fortuna rather than outside the door. I don't mind a single short bounty mission but this would be a serious problem when you're getting out of a long one.

Edited by Windryl

Same thing here, and especially annoying in arbitrations. Often the first player who goes down will leave, and if he happens to be the host, the other three are screwed due to the host migration and its issues. I was in an arbitration just yesterday, and the HM caused such an excessive lag that the game became unplayable.

Since arbitrations are by definition long-time missions, they absolutely need a stable netcode. There is nothing more frustrating than loosing all your hard-earned stuff after 30+ minutes of gameplay.

Also, since there seem to be quite a lot of threads about this issue currently on the forums, maybe it's time for an host migration megathread. Definitely Warframes #1 bug problem.

Host migrations have been screwing me over massively lately. Did some relic runs today, host migration, lost all my rewards. Just got put back into my orbiter with no mission results or anything. BUT my radiant relics? Still gone. All the rare prime parts I got, including Equinox prime parts? Gone. It's infuriating. At least give me back my relics or the rewards. It's not fair.

On 2019-04-09 at 6:37 AM, XCpDaX said:

after an eidolon hunt this is a problem.. you lose not only the rewards, but all the night and you need to wait over a F****** half an hour to try again, this problem should be solve loooooooong ago, but here we are, at least keep the remaining loot

Just happened to me, Eidolon 1/2 way done bam lost everything. Gettin close to a rage quit for awhile.

On 2019-04-10 at 10:57 PM, tribeofpinkafros said:

I really hate this new system, just grinded on wolf for over 25mins, host left and update locked us out, lost the wolf hammer BP.

Yes, same here last night. Tbh. I don`t even care for the hammer much, but it was such a hard fought fight, kinda sad it was for naught.

• 3 weeks later...

Still happening. I don't care if I am the squeaky wheel.  Once again 4/27/19 ~ 2:46 p.m. I am in the Final Sortie Mission, it's done, and some loser can't wait 15 secs for everyone to show up at departure point.  We have a host migration, Sortie doesn't complete and we lose everything. How about you fix this problem DE?

On 2019-04-09 at 9:37 AM, XCpDaX said:

I too just had an eidolon hunt host migration. I did 86% of the damage in a two person group, bounty failed, due to sunrise, and they immediate caused a host migration when that happened. Upon loading into Cetus and seeing the mission rewards I had nothing more from that run than one eidolon shard.

It would be nice if we could at least remain at our current position with all of the current drops available after a hosting migration while in open world content, as these bounty failures are not always considered a "failure" by the players involved.

• 1 month later...

I get host migration as a squad member not as the leader who is always my brother in law who stays in the game with the rest of the squad. Missed several plague star runs, 4000k endurance runs (which I never got!), even regular runs. I am the only one in the squad who gets kicked out. Usually right before the end. I get some loot and xp but not the event stuff. Sent a lengthy vent to support. I love warframe but this host migration has to stop or I'll go play a "dead" game like Fallout76...lolol

Open World Zones NEED dedicated servers hosted by DE, the P2P method is completely broken.

Literally, I mean this, not exaggerating, 50% of the time I join a match in Vallis or Plains I am thrown back to the orbiter with "connection lost" either during Loading the mission or sometime during it. With ALL Progress and Loot completely lost

This is not an exaggeration. It happens once in about every 2 games I play, more so on Vallis, so much so that I am now not really able to play public Vallis missions anymore, but rather play Solo/Friends only.

People just can't be trusted to host open world zones on their computers since they don't understand how the P2P system Works.

DE: Dedicated servers for Open World Zones please. Fix this soon Kthx.