Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Infested Clantech Complaint Megathread - Come Talk About It Here.

CloudPies

It's an interesting time when both the paying and non-paying customer are both angry at the same decisions made by a game company...

It's the forma virus that is going around! At least when you could acquire forma steadily, you were excited to put the time into loading them onto a new weapon and get it to it's max potential! Now the game is hitting a dead end for P2P and F2P players, and all DE would have to do is make a few brilliant changes to how things can be acquired.

This is a community game so maybe the community need more right to advice and ask implementations to this loved game. As developer they want reach their aims with this game which is correct coz it's their game but they depended on the community. I think that they read more post and topic nowadays and they turn into a bit arrogant and they doesn't paid attention anymore for us. I really like this game and want to see important implementations but the devs can't do more or just can do this minor things coz they aren't enough man to do what we want to see really.

I totally agree with everything you said, i been playing since the beginning of march and this is the first time ive really felt like no longer investing my time/money into this game. Many a time ive had the pleasure of getting refunded stuff cause of a bug, im almost 100% positive de's code does not get checked before it goes live based on the many ammounts of hotfixes and hotfixes to fix hotfixes and just terrible ideas that break things that should not be affected.

kudos

As I stated in your original post. Nobody should pay for materials from the market. They are easily obtainable through farming. Even counting materials in a "to platinum" conversion is just.. meh. If you need the weapon now, go ahead, blow money on something you can get in a short period of time. The issue is the Forma. THEY are NOT easily obtainable and you need many of them.

If you really think that way, you need to grind 70 mutagen samples from scratch. For my case, not only do I have to grind 70 for the pistol, I also have to grind another 180-ish for the rifle BP, and god knows how much Djinn BP going to cost, and let's not forget after getting BP ready, you still have to build Mass, which is 10 Samples each. And safe to assume, they'll each cost 50 Samples.

So that's... 180(rifle) + 180(Djinn guess amount) + 50(build) + 50(build) = 460 Mutagen Samples.

If Mutagens were grindable through regular means. Fine I'll shut up. I'll just equip Carrier and grind Xini for the 249th time, and try not to doze off while I'm at it.

But now? I have to grind regular missions, which I've already done countless time in my days, and check every god damn locker and box for Nav Cor. Then for every 5 core I can get ONE Derelict mission, which only drops insignificant amount of Mutagens compare to what I require.

Do you still not see the problem? Of how much of a grind I'll need to do? It's not about I want the weapons now.

It's about, there's life. There's job. There are other games. There's a girlfriend. I want to ENJOY this game, I don't want to work for it, I have a full time job already, I do not WANT or NEED a second job doing repetitive actions to no end.

The Platinum, the market. It's about and for people like me. People who can't dedicate their entire life into ONE game. That is why it's there for, to pay to not wait for an alert, to pay not to grind. But even then! The price is JUST NOT RIGHT. Like my equation shown.

And still, issue isn't with Forma. I understand not everyone have money to spare. But that's just alert. Get a cellphone, link it with twitter. Profit. All you need to do is wait, you don't even need to grind. If you're paying customers, even better, 2 Forma = 40 Plat. You can buy that with the $5 USD package. Don't buy 2 cans of soda from the vending machine and you're golden. 

I was raging so hard I made a thread about it >.>....

I like how everyone is like "Oh U10 is niceeeeee" 3 days later, research ready.

And everybody gone like. FORUM RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yea, this is just...Upsetting. But thank god for people posting data out. Now I know this pistol isn't worth it. I'll just save my Mutagen and build the rifle instead. Or the Sentinel...At least it won't be a disappointment.

And still, issue isn't with Forma. I understand not everyone have money to spare. But that's just alert. Get a cellphone, link it with twitter. Profit. All you need to do is wait, you don't even need to grind. If you're paying customers, even better, 2 Forma = 40 Plat. You can buy that with the $5 USD package. Don't buy 2 cans of soda from the vending machine and you're golden. 

Issue isn't with forma? Maybe you should come back and play the game for a few extra hours a day instead of working on that skyrim mod. Forma are what keep F2P and P2P players PLAYING the game and as of 9.8.5 they have literally seemed to disappear! In my honest opinion. Putting forma in the Oracle for 250k per 24 hour blue print should be their next priority. It has been discussed here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/107447-forma-the-lingering-problem/

All this happens basically every major patch that "all of a sudden" the rng and loot tables are borked in the way that new required ressources are best obtained through the market until a hotfix is thrown out 3-5 days later because a major update only happens over the weekend where DE is not doing anything to quickly.. QUICKLY fix major gamebraking bugs.

Was 8 the birth of the void?

Which one introduced clan tech? That was the one I didn't enjoy. This just seems like more of the same at this point.

Yes, people were angry back then... so DE had to go and make the exact same mistakes AGAIN, now that is special kind of infuriating. 

I want to ENJOY this game, I don't want to work for it.

The Platinum, the market. It's about and for people like me. People who can't dedicate their entire life into ONE game. That is why it's there for, to pay to not wait for an alert, to pay not to grind. But even then! The price is JUST NOT RIGHT.

But that's just alert. Get a cellphone, link it with twitter. Profit. All you need to do is wait, you don't even need to grind. . 

Enjoying the game doesn't mean getting every single weapon the second you want it. Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you just buy something from the market? Work hard, play hard. It's a pretty simple concept.

Forma from alerts? Sure, 1 every 2-3 weeks. How long will that ONE forma last you when almost every end-game weapon/item requires multiple forma?

Out of interest Blatantfool.. do you still believe in this game? In DE? Or are you losing faith... I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested. Anyway, kudos to what you do, you're one of the best mods I've seen.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Enjoying the game doesn't mean getting every single weapon the second you want it. Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you just buy something from the market? Work hard, play hard. It's a pretty simple concept.

I don't need a sense of accomplishment to have fun. I need fun weapons, weapons that don't make me want to rage when I use them (i.e. long swords)

Was 8 the birth of the void?

Which one introduced clan tech? That was the one I didn't enjoy. This just seems like more of the same at this point.

The thing I didn't like about U8 was the clans. I didn't like and still don't like clans. As soon as dojos were released, I knew they were going to steal a lot of content away from content players like me that just prefer to play solo. As a game developer, the worst thing you can do is force something upon a player. Sure, I'm part of a clan, but I joined that clan before Update 8 because it was full of furries and furries are rad as F***.

Edited by Stormquake

Out of interest Blatantfool.. do you still believe in this game? In DE? Or are you losing faith... I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested. Anyway, kudos to what you do, you're one of the best mods I've seen.

I could probably write a long rant about that question Loco, but not this time.

The answer is yeah, I do. I like DE and especially like the people from DE I've had the chance to speak with. Anyone I'm familiar with is good people. I'm willing to trust those people.

I just hope they understand that, after as many months as I've put into this game as a player, I have a pretty clear opinion of what this game is to me. What I expect from it. So I'm going to be loud and probably a little obnoxious from time to time.

If I didn't really care about how the game turns out I'd have jumped ship, like many of the people who are still around after all this time. Sounds sappy - but I think there is some truth to it.

Well, this is really starting to turn me off from the game in a big way. Im a whale. Im the guy that wont think twice about dropping 200 bucks on plat just for the F*** of it. 

i stopped reading this nonsense after this...

if you don't use your brain you don't have the right to complain! 

The answer is yeah, I do. I like DE and especially like the people from DE I've had the chance to speak with. Anyone I'm familiar with is good people. I'm willing to trust those people.

I just hope they understand that, after as many months as I've put into this game as a player, I have a pretty clear opinion of what this game is to me. What I expect from it. So I'm going to be loud and probably a little obnoxious from time to time.

If I didn't really care about how the game turns out I'd have jumped ship, like many of the people who are still around after all this time. Sounds sappy - but I think there is some truth to it.

+1 for being honest here, I havent been around for so long, I joined around the beginin of May, and Im losing faith that certain stuff will be changed, as of proper instructions, on where anything drops, or how certain mechanics function... something i asked around 3 livestreams or more ago, I think it was on 10, and still to new players if they join they have no idea what Nightmare mode is, and now to search a single mod is impossible... let alone know where any of the primes drop and at what chance...

Hey, let's be friends :'D

I just gotta say that back when the void was first introduced and there was an issue with the void key packs not coming with a T3 key like they were supposed to and massive amounts of the community were losing their rewards and their keys from void runs due to bugs DE stepped up and found a way to fix the issues and soothe the community. It was by giving everyone who bought void packs free T3 keys, as well as also giving everyone who had sent into a ticket about lost rewards and keys (regardless of if you were just along for the ride or it was your key) the equivalent of a free void pack worth of keys (if I remember properly). If this was an unintended bug like it was last time DE will most likely step up and fix the issue again.

The thing about the Forma is just wait and see. Drop tables have been messed up before both in our favour and not. There was that massive bug that made rare resources drop like commons and remember when Grinneer commanders suddenly had a boss loot table and you could get trinity parts and rare resources and mods from them ~90% of the time. I wouldn't expect them to suddenly give everyone a free forma to make them feel better but I also don't expect forma to remain so unattainable. Remember when Rubedo and Alloy plate were like gold? Or when it was next to impossible to get the rare resources you needed because they added the clan tech resources to boss loot tables?  Now they all drop in much better amounts/more often and aren't nearly so much of a pain to get. 

Anyway sorry for the ramble it's late here and I'm tired, hopefully it's all more or less coherent. I think the key thing to remember is patience.