Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vituous Fury and Eidolons

OminousVortex

I hear Virtuous Fury often recommended as best arcane for an x23 amp because it pairs better than Virtuous Strike.

I've also heard people say the xx7 brace is best because Eidolons are immune to status effects.

NOW, if Eidolons are immune to status effects, why does my Virtuous Fury icon pop up while hunting them? (Increased damage after inflicting a status effect)

Are Eidolons not immune to AMP status effects? OR

Eidolons are immune to AMP status effects BUT Virtuous Fury still gives increased damage when a status effect WOULD have been applied?

So, amps as you know do Void damage, the void status effect is that green bubble that appears after you shoot the eidolon, it absorbs all incoming projectiles, so that is your status effect.

When we say eidolons are immune to status effects it means that even if you proc the status, it does nothing to the eidolon itself, for example building radiation damage vs eidolons will never proc radiation on them, but you will get the +75% dmg versus their armor type.

But eidolons are not immune to Void status effect, that is their only non-immune status if you want. So you can proc the void status effect versus the eidolons and that explains how you get the buff from virtuos fury, also virtuos shadow is all around better because +60% critical chance on multiple shots with the shraksun scaffold that has punch through gives more damage than +30% total, you can try it out for yourself, although it requires some training to proc virtuos shadow.

Also best amp is x27 ( some people like x77, on paper it has more critical chance but it is only one shot and you have 25% chance to not get a crit, with the shraksun scaffol it has punch through and if you hit the eidolon like 4 times with the same shot you have much more critical chance so that gives more damage, choose the amp you want though).

Moral of the story : eidolons are not immune to Void status effect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Moral of the story : eidolons are not immune to Void status effect

Moral of the story: you don't need the void proc for virtuous fury. You might want to double check your information. It's all about the forced Impact procs from Shraksun and Shwaak.

• Like 1

il y a 12 minutes, WhiteMarker a dit :

Moral of the story: you don't need the void proc for virtuous fury. You might want to double check your information. It's all about the forced Impact procs from Shraksun and Shwaak.

I never said it was wrong , although i didn't know non inflected status did count for the arcane , thanks for the info and here is what wiki says

Edit : even with no impact or any other status, any amp can proc virtuos fury because void status exists. 

• Virtuos Fury synergizes well with Shwaak Prism and Shraksun Scaffold, as these Amps deal a guaranteed Impact b Impact proc per hit.
    • Against Eidolons, both the Prism and the Scaffold can score multi-hits, and in turn, multiple procs per shot, potentially allowing for the bonus to be kept up indefinitely.
    • Virtuos Fury can also proc from the damage dealt by void dashing through enemies.
  • Synergizes well with Zenurik's Voltaic Blast as the Electricity b Electric proc also triggers this arcane.
  • Madurai's Blazing Dash can proc Heat b Fire which can trigger this arcane.
Edited by HatedByLifeItself
  • Like 2

il y a 1 minute, (XB1)Dex Xean a dit :

the void status effect sucks If I could I would have zero status chance on my tri cap amp cause mag bubbles make it so you dont hit the eidolon shields multiple times.

What i usually do is try to shoot just at the limit of the bubble, so you hit all parts then it will be attracted to the bubble and do even more damage, but if you directy shoot the bubble you won't hit multiple parts so you do less damage, try to either not shoot at it or be precise with your shots.

8 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I never said it was wrong , although i didn't know non inflected status did count for the arcane , thanks for the info and here is what wiki says

Edit : even with no impact or any other status, any amp can proc virtuos fury because void status exists. 

Oh yeah, other status procs work just fine. But we don't have a 100% status Amp. So you can't rely on 'normal' procs. These forced Impact procs are what makes Shraksun and Fury such a great budget combo, if you can't be bother with Shadow.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

I hear Virtuous Fury often recommended as best arcane for an x23 amp because it pairs better than Virtuous Strike

This is outdated....

Virtuos Shadow is the current Meta now.

I've also heard people say the xx7 brace is best because Eidolons are immune to status effects.

These two things are both true albeit its weird someone would explain it that way.

NOW, if Eidolons are immune to status effects, why does my Virtuous Fury icon pop up while hunting them? (Increased damage after inflicting a status effect)

I genuinely don't know.... but if I had to guess... I would say its because the arcane triggers off of Procs and the Eidolon's can be procced with a lof of different types of Statuses but those status don't have any effect. Thats why it works.

Are Eidolons not immune to AMP status effects? OR

Definitely immune.

In any case it doesn't matter because Virtuos Shadow is the best Amp Arcane for eidolons.

Ok. So the Certus brace is technically still better for Eidolons then

Yep.

10 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I believe this is true because Madurai's Blazing dash can proc virtuos fury despite not proccing either Void or heat Status....

10 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Literally never set any enemy on fire with this Ability.... its always just Damage. 

37 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I believe this is true because Madurai's Blazing dash can proc virtuos fury despite not proccing either Void or heat Status....

Literally never set any enemy on fire with this Ability.... its always just Damage. 

Yeah, Blazing Dash has stupidly low status chance. But it's there.

47 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

As i said, eidolons are not immune to Void status which is the amp status effect, that green bubble is proof, you can check wiki too.

Thank you! End of first paragraph on strategy for Teralyst. "Immune to all status effects except Void"

This would increase the usefulness of the Lohrin brace, unless using Virtuous Shadow. A lot of people on other sites assumed the 12% status increase carried no effect against Eidolons.

Edited by OminousVortex

2 minutes ago, OminousVortex said:

This would increase the usefulness of the Lohrin brace

The issue is that the Void Status Proc isn't doing anything good.
It gives you the Bullet Attractor Bubble. It redirects your shots. It is hindering you to hit multiple parts of the Eidolon. This means you are likely to do less damage to it.
That's why Lohrin Brace was only used for the Crit Chance. Status isn't doing you anything good against Eidolons. Now we have the Certus Brace which gives more Crit Chance, and no additional Status. 

10 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah, Blazing Dash has stupidly low status chance. But it's there.

True but it literally has never ever Procced Heat... ever... even weapons with crap Status tend to proc something atlesst once a week.... in months I've had Blazing Dash it never catches anything on fire.

9 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

As i said, eidolons are not immune to Void status which is the amp status effect, that green bubble is proof, you can check wiki too.

Void doesn't count.... infact my Amp rarely ever Procs it... thankfully.