Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker bounties not dropping Atmo Systems

(XBOX)Devo 20 XD 6

Probably a bug for all platforms as there are many people who are complaining about this but I have yet to see anyone put it in the bug section. I think that if DE wants us to put stuff in the bug section instead of complaining about it elsewhere in the forums like people are doing (I will put up links for the bug of other forum threads all from this website) I think that there is a very serious lack of communicating this to them (not blaming anyone, simply pointing out a communication gap). I think reminding them how to report bugs (if this is how you really report them, using the bug report section of the forums) is definitely in order. 

The bug is Atmo Systems not dropping in the missions they are supposed to drop in. I have plenty of the less and more rare of these types of systems for Arcgun on the ground crafting but have zero Atmo Systems. This makes it so you can't progress with Vox Solaris standing. This is a huge problem for players who need to progress this standing and players are grinding the same missions over and over attempting to get Atmo Systems but they are not dropping at all. The way I see these types of "bugs" are companies that lock things behind an enormous grind which may not even be possible to attain all the things that is locked behind the grind so that players will buy them with real world money. I bet if DE looked up there sales of Atmo Systems from the market they would be far above any other resources required to advance ranks in Vox Solaris standing.

I have never had this much of a problem attempting to get an uncommon resource in my years of playing Warframe. I can't even think of a similar or even remotely close situation. I do hope that something is done about this as honestly this type of overgrinding makes me play any game less than I would have otherwise. This honestly does make me play Warframe less.

I have attached multiple links about this bug here and this is just a sample there could be many more. The first link is embedded the rest are not it would probably be too big if they were.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1078187-please-make-it-easier-to-farm-atmo-systems-right-now-its-torture/?tab=comments#comment-10641054

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1082129-atmo-grind-is-garbage/?tab=comments#comment-10668389

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1047183-atmo-systems-drop-rate/?tab=comments#comment-10675716

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1077570-atmo-systems-drop-rate-incorrect/?tab=comments#comment-10637600

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1082106-atmo-system-rng-broken-rng/?tab=comments#comment-10668208

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1049589-atmo-systems/#comment-10436485

Edited by (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6
To clarify that I was not pointing the blame of miscommunication on anyone

6 hours ago, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

I bet if DE looked up there sales of Atmo Systems from the market they would be far above any other resources required to advance ranks in Vox Solaris standing.

Atmo Systems are not in the market.

I'm sorry you're having a bad run of RNG, but you will eventually get them.  I, too, had a bad run.  You just have to keep at it.

8 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Atmo Systems are not in the market.

I'm sorry you're having a bad run of RNG, but you will eventually get them.  I, too, had a bad run.  You just have to keep at it.

Nope

It's a bug.

Read the forum and stop dismissing actual issues with anecdotal examples.

Im at run 330 and still no atmo.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

Probably a bug for all platforms as there are many people who are complaining about this but I have yet to see anyone put it in the bug section. I think that if DE wants us to put stuff in the bug section instead of complaining about it elsewhere in the forums like people are doing (I will put up links for the bug of other forum threads all from this website) I think that there is a very serious lack of communicating this to them (not blaming anyone, simply pointing out a communication gap). I think reminding them how to report bugs (if this is how you really report them, using the bug report section of the forums) is definitely in order. 

The bug is Atmo Systems not dropping in the missions they are supposed to drop in. I have plenty of the less and more rare of these types of systems for Arcgun on the ground crafting but have zero Atmo Systems. This makes it so you can't progress with Vox Solaris standing. This is a huge problem for players who need to progress this standing and players are grinding the same missions over and over attempting to get Atmo Systems but they are not dropping at all. The way I see these types of "bugs" are companies that lock things behind an enormous grind which may not even be possible to attain all the things that is locked behind the grind so that players will buy them with real world money. I bet if DE looked up there sales of Atmo Systems from the market they would be far above any other resources required to advance ranks in Vox Solaris standing.

I have never had this much of a problem attempting to get an uncommon resource in my years of playing Warframe. I can't even think of a similar or even remotely close situation. I do hope that something is done about this as honestly this type of overgrinding makes me play any game less than I would have otherwise. This honestly does make me play Warframe less.

I have attached multiple links about this bug here and this is just a sample there could be many more. The first link is embedded the rest are not it would probably be too big if they were.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1078187-please-make-it-easier-to-farm-atmo-systems-right-now-its-torture/?tab=comments#comment-10641054

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1082129-atmo-grind-is-garbage/?tab=comments#comment-10668389

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1047183-atmo-systems-drop-rate/?tab=comments#comment-10675716

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1077570-atmo-systems-drop-rate-incorrect/?tab=comments#comment-10637600

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1082106-atmo-system-rng-broken-rng/?tab=comments#comment-10668208

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1049589-atmo-systems/#comment-10436485

We tweeted at Steve about this.

He said he's looking into this. But that was 1-2 weeks ago.

Tell him to look harder cause I did a search on the forums and found a ton of people complaining about this problem and they sound frustrated and angry. How can they not see the complaints? Tweet someone else who will listen cause people are pretty upset about this. This much people giving this much evidence means bug not RNG. Period.

18 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Did this person read anything I said? I don't think they read any of the threads of proof and complaints I organized into a thread for them so it would be easy to find. I would like to know who this (XB1)R3d P01nt's boss is. If I were at any business that assumed an answer to a problem I was having by lazily glazing over the facts and giving an answer I know is not acceptable I would definitely be complaining to the person in charge. I have never complained about RNG in a bug report when I know it is a bug not RNG I am not stupid. I am fairly angry with this lazy response because I know that this person did not take the time to look into this issue after all proof I linked to this thread. 

Perhaps the only way to get them to take notice is to spam the bug report forum until someone actually looks in to this instead of ignoring dedicated gamers who are intelligent and know what we are talking about when we say there is a bug instead of treating us like children. How many of the more rare to get Repeller Systems does everyone have compared to Atmo Systems?

I did go on a rant in my original post that may have seemed like I was making assumptions. It was not my intention to give hurtful criticism and if anyone felt that way I apologize. I am attempting to clearly show a problem of a bug report and a serious lack of communication between dedicated fans that want to make this game and community better and the team at Digital Extremes. Both parties need to figure out a solution because we are just spinning tires going nowhere with how bugs are not being reported in the bug report forums but elsewhere in the forums and the lack of bugs being looked into properly and fixed while keeping people updated enough so they understand when DE is aware of a bug and are working to resolve it. 

13 hours ago, 64m3r said:

Nope

It's a bug.

Read the forum and stop dismissing actual issues with anecdotal examples.

Im at run 330 and still no atmo.

You don't know that it's a bug.  And, perhaps you missed the part where my "anecdotal example" was that I too had issues getting Atmo Systems to drop?  Oh well, I'm sure my anecdotes are invalid while your's are valid simply because they are your anecdotes and we know how that works.  BTW, how many people haven't had trouble getting Atmo Systems?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

Did this person read anything I said?

Yes, this person did read what you said, did you read what I said?  I, too, had issues getting Atmo Systems to drop.  I literally spammed PT2 every single day for about a week before finally seeing Atmo drop.  It was bad RNG.

I don't think they read any of the threads of proof and complaints I organized into a thread for them so it would be easy to find.

During my dry run I, too, was frustrated and ready to give up and yell that it's a bug.  I read many forum threads about it and have seen many more.  I get that some people are having issues, but many people are not having issues.  If you want to show that it's a bug, then DE will have to find a bug and/or you'll have to gather data with lots of samples and other people involved.

Perhaps the only way to get them to take notice is to spam the bug report forum until someone actually looks in to this instead of ignoring dedicated gamers who are intelligent and know what we are talking about when we say there is a bug instead of treating us like children.

You don't know it's a bug.  I get that it feels like one right now, but until you have evidence you can't claim to know it's a bug.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

Tell him to look harder cause I did a search on the forums and found a ton of people complaining about this problem and they sound frustrated and angry. How can they not see the complaints? Tweet someone else who will listen cause people are pretty upset about this. This much people giving this much evidence means bug not RNG. Period.

Did this person read anything I said? I don't think they read any of the threads of proof and complaints I organized into a thread for them so it would be easy to find. I would like to know who this (XB1)R3d P01nt's boss is. If I were at any business that assumed an answer to a problem I was having by lazily glazing over the facts and giving an answer I know is not acceptable I would definitely be complaining to the person in charge. I have never complained about RNG in a bug report when I know it is a bug not RNG I am not stupid. I am fairly angry with this lazy response because I know that this person did not take the time to look into this issue after all proof I linked to this thread. 

Perhaps the only way to get them to take notice is to spam the bug report forum until someone actually looks in to this instead of ignoring dedicated gamers who are intelligent and know what we are talking about when we say there is a bug instead of treating us like children. How many of the more rare to get Repeller Systems does everyone have compared to Atmo Systems?

I did go on a rant in my original post that may have seemed like I was making assumptions. It was not my intention to give hurtful criticism and if anyone felt that way I apologize. I am attempting to clearly show a problem of a bug report and a serious lack of communication between dedicated fans that want to make this game and community better and the team at Digital Extremes. Both parties need to figure out a solution because we are just spinning tires going nowhere with how bugs are not being reported in the bug report forums but elsewhere in the forums and the lack of bugs being looked into properly and fixed while keeping people updated enough so they understand when DE is aware of a bug and are working to resolve it. 

ignore him.

300 runs for an uncommon item is a BUG, that is not statistically possible. The drop is 10%. The math is nowhere near the total runs done by players.
The reason i posted this in the Players helping players forum is because of toxic players like this guy who dismiss everything even when there's plenty of evidence.
You're more likely to find help in the PHP section rather than in this toxic bug report forum.
Steve himself said this isn't normal which is why he's looking for a solution.

My guess is either someone missed a , and it's 1% instead of 10% or there's some conflict with the slot machine RNG they've built. Rng within Rng.
Or perhaps it was a silent Nerf since the mission takes 3min max to finish.
Whatever the case is, i refuse to play Fortuna or buy any plat until this is resolved.

Bug or Not. This is unacceptable.

Edited by 64m3r

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 7:37 AM, 64m3r said:

300 runs for an uncommon item is a BUG, that is not statistically possible. The drop is 10%.

Statistics are not hard - if the drop chanve is 10%, 300 runs without one dropping is possible.

In fact, so long as the drop chance is ANYTHING less than 100%, it is possible - however unlikely  -  to do an infinite number of runs and not get it.

People who are on the wrong side of the statistical mean assume its bugged.  People on the other side don't say anything.

I'm not defending the actual drop chance, but nothing - anywhere - in any of these posts nor in the linked threads PROVE there is a bug.  

Me  - I did about 30 runs of Bounty 2 looking for Atmo systems - got zero. Then rage quit the game for 3 months - flat out turned it off and didn't even think about.

Came back, then started tracking my runs again - upon my return I got the atmo systems 4 out of 47 runs (not counting the original 30 runs I got nothing).  Sucks, was less than 10%, but it was offset by my buddy who was swimming in them - he couldn't get the gyros.

In the end, it sucks but suck it up.  Or just wait a few months - they'll change the drops/requirements for new players as they did with PoE resources, Nezha (from former Sortie seasonal), Venus resources dropping by the truckload from exploiter etc etc.

On 2019-04-17 at 7:08 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Statistics are not hard - if the drop chanve is 10%, 300 runs without one dropping is possible.

In fact, so long as the drop chance is ANYTHING less than 100%, it is possible - however unlikely  -  to do an infinite number of runs and not get it.

People who are on the wrong side of the statistical mean assume its bugged.  People on the other side don't say anything.

I'm not defending the actual drop chance, but nothing - anywhere - in any of these posts nor in the linked threads PROVE there is a bug.  

Me  - I did about 30 runs of Bounty 2 looking for Atmo systems - got zero. Then rage quit the game for 3 months - flat out turned it off and didn't even think about.

Came back, then started tracking my runs again - upon my return I got the atmo systems 4 out of 47 runs (not counting the original 30 runs I got nothing).  Sucks, was less than 10%, but it was offset by my buddy who was swimming in them - he couldn't get the gyros.

In the end, it sucks but suck it up.  Or just wait a few months - they'll change the drops/requirements for new players as they did with PoE resources, Nezha (from former Sortie seasonal), Venus resources dropping by the truckload from exploiter etc etc.

like i said

bug or not. Unacceptable.
and no. i will not "suck it up". That right there is the reason companies like EA exist.

Thing is that every complaint is about Atmo systems, and not any other Rare/Uncommon drop from Profit Taker Bounties.

Sure, 0 Atmo in 330 runs at 10% drop rate is possible, but when it's harder to get than something with a 7.5% drop rate for a lot of different players (search "Repeller" on the forums, 99% of the time people say "I get more Repeller than Atmo"), then it's unlikely just RNG.

There are so many complaints exclusively about Atmo Systems that it's highly possible that a problem happened with the drop rate. It's just as possible as not getting any Atmo in 330 run. There might not be any factual proof, but seeing how many similar cases were reported on the Forums does right a bell that something might be wrong.

The RNG argument is not looking good. I now have at least one of everything in the drop table except Atmo Systems of which I still have 0. You can only blame bad RNG for so long. 

5 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Sure, 0 Atmo in 330 runs at 10% drop rate is possible, but when it's harder to get than something with a 7.5% drop rate for a lot of different players (search "Repeller" on the forums, 99% of the time people say "I get more Repeller than Atmo"), then it's unlikely just RNG.

12 Repeller Systems, 0 Atmo Systems

I am willing to give the RNG argument the benefit of a doubt. So far not buying it but hey it could happen. This is the craziest thing as far as RNG in this game I have ever seen. I always have more uncommon than rare rewards as I play enough for the odds to play out in uncommon items favor. I have never seen anything like this in my years of playing Warframe. If the drop table is not an accurate reflection of the drop rates than it is dishonest.

I just got some Atmo Systems and I am really happy about that. It's like winning the lottery, except not at all. I'm still not convinced it is 10% but hey it can be got. Like most of the guys who say it is bad RNG they had a tough time getting them too. It's probably bad RNG because Atmo < 10%

I still need one more drop...

with all the posts about this i find it interesting that DE still hasn't made any official response.

Not on twitter. Not on Forums. Not on stream. Not even in PM.

Which leads me to suspect that this is intentional. A silent nerf to extend the grind. If this is true... this type of shameless manipulation is something i will not ignore.
You know what they say about respect and trust. Hard to earn, easy to lose, even harder to get back.

Im giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. But if they ARE manipulating RNG intentionally and lying about it, i'd be betrayed. Because i was there 7 years ago when they posted this game as a sort of small studio test project. I marketed this game like it's the next WoW. Even cut % off my minimum wage paycheck for plat. If in return all i get is lies, manipulation and broken promises... I'd hate to add DE to my blacklist next to EA.
Again. This is a worse case scenario. But you never really know. People change.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I did get all of the Atmo Systems I needed to rank up. I'm not telling you what to do but perhaps trying again will now lead to actually getting them, maybe a silent fix? I do think that the drop tables for profit taker the way they are set up now even if the percentages are accurate are made to be excessively grindy to slow players progress. Vets rifle through everything it is probably trying to slow them down. Content Creators make it look like a minor inconvenience with how fast they progress compared to the average player. I don't agree with how it halts progression here. I'm fine with everything else RNG based enough to not feel the need to tell them it is bad and should be changed. Even getting Harrow and Khora parts, it took too long for me but it doesn't need changing as I know I would get them eventually. Not being able to progress syndicate standing because of extremely grindy RNG I do have a problem with though. The plains of Eidolon did a far out way more much better job with quill standing. If you wanted all the stuff you felt like you were progressing and got stuff along the way. I knew that it takes a while to have full quill standing and I was fine with that. I wasn't trying to rush because I knew that rushing only got you so far so I enjoyed the ride instead of rushing to the end. I did not enjoy profit taker grinding for parts to progress standing that have miniscule drop rates with how overly repetitive the missions get. I can do profit taker part 2 in my sleep. I can't beat an Eidolon in my sleep (not yet anyway, maybe one day).

Edited by (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6
Dumb auto spell correct did it wrong😠

• 2 weeks later...