Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About tradable and non-tradable items.

Libpea

This topic is created out of the ephemera items, of course, and I'm not complaining because I haven't really spending any time to farm them, for with anything less then 5% chance to drop, players can go frustrated easily.

The premise of ephemeras is that they are non-tradable so people will have to spend time to get them, to earn them. That sounds really nice, does it? But look at how it goes now, people get shock step, cold step, blaze step or seed step at their very first tries, while others cant get any of them out of hundreds of runs. Yes, that's how RNG works and I'm not complaining.

The only ephemera which meets that premise is the blood ephemera, which players have to play many hours to get the points to buy the blueprint and to craft. That is what I think when I see people using the blood ephemera: "That's their effort and time". And for the rest of the ephemera, I cant decide, it's maybe luck at their first tries or maybe their countless hours to get it, which doesn't reflect the premise of ephemera at all.

RNG is the thing that makes the game fun, but we need to consider all the aspects of it, so as not to ruin players' experience. So, with items having low and really low drop chance, make it tradable, and most of the rare items are tradable so far. And if non-tradable, raise the drop chance or change the system into gaining points-buying with points, if not, there will still be people grinding all their life and not getting any of them. And until then, I wont be spending any time grinding those ephemeras, but luckily, I got the smoking body ephemera in a random run and I didn't expect to get it, which doesn't reflect my time and effort to get this ephemera at all.

Edited by Libpea
edit

I don't complain either. Got 4 out of the 5 farmable ones within the first 3 tries. Still need Freezing, the only one eluding me. And I know they are supposed to be a "status symbol" of sorts, catered towards veterans mostly. I do not see the logic in, however, calling merit to rng. 

These ephemeras should be locked behind some endgame-y challenges. Like the Eidolon one Rebb mentioned (capture 100 Eidolons or something like that), or be within a store the like the Blood one (you still need the special tokens from the Arbiters shop, so that's still a challenge of sorts).

I'm just saying this because that's what I picture as "endgame status symbols", even if I'm that guy who usually gets everything rng-related quite easily. 

Most of the ephemeras are 'almost' reasonable to get.   Blazing is downright insulting.  Having run 130 (since I started keeping track - there were more before I did) of the leech fest cesspool that is ESO and be no effing closer to getting it than when I started is flat out sh#tty.  That's 130 complete runs - not counting runs where I quit early due to not wanting to level others garbage weapons, not counting failed host migrations before wave C, not counting runs where enemy spawns broke and we didn't get to wave C, not counting runs where the #@(% doors don't open when you're not the host so cant even get to the enemies, not counting runs where you fall off the map into an endless respawn so you can't get to the portal, not counting runs where you fall off the map then somehow end up back at the broken void start even though you should be on wave six or seven.

130 runs that take an average of 24 minutes, that someone at DE thinks is reasonable that even then would only give about a 70% chance of getting it (which I haven't yet. And a 50 other fails due to bugs in the game that probably wasted an average of 10 minutes AT LEAST per run.  Yeah, where is the middle finger emote with someone spinning on it.

And they should be tradeble - at the very least for another Ephemera - I'm sitting on 3 shocking and still no Freezing - probably 50 or so runs on that boring spider fight.  Also have a couple smoking - but could I trade either of these for a freezing or blazing? nope - because you know, reasons.  Can't even sell them for credits.

@DE - getting them is not an achievement.  The achievement is not throwing your controller through the wall and uninstalling the game before you manage to get one.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

I don't see any kind of achievement on getting them. A friend of mine got the smoke one from the stalker on the first time he ever saw it! How is that an achievement? Locking an ephemera behind RNG is not going to give me any sense of accomplishement when I finally get it (if I ever bother).

Kill 1000 stalkers to get the smoke one. Now that's a challenge.

Finish 1000 missions on an icy planet to get the ice one.

Those are challenges that show how much you have played and will really give you a "sense of pride and accomplishment" when you finally ge them.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

130 runs that take an average of 24 minutes, that someone at DE thinks is reasonable that even then would only give about a 70% chance of getting it (which I haven't yet.

I really want the game to work that way 🙄 but It doesnt count how many runs u have done, it only counts the only run you are doing and the chance is always 1.01%, and that;s all, RNG system doesnt care about ur time and effort XD.

Edited by Libpea

7 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I don't see any kind of achievement on getting them. A friend of mine got the smoke one from the stalker on the first time he ever saw it! How is that an achievement? Locking an ephemera behind RNG is not going to give me any sense of accomplishement when I finally get it (if I ever bother).

Kill 1000 stalkers to get the smoke one. Now that's a challenge.

Finish 1000 missions on an icy planet to get the ice one.

Those are challenges that show how much you have played and will really give you a "sense of pride and accomplishment" when you finally ge them.

About program coding, It's faster to put an item on the existing reward lists with drop chance rather than making new codes about keeping track of things players do from time to time. It;s a fact and I dont want to insinuate anything.