Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion on 60 min Nightwave Survival

JawNuts

I just came back to the game around 2-3 weeks ago and I'm at the point at which if I don't do every single Nightwave mission, I wont get the Umbral Forma reward. So skipping this isn't an option for me.

Firstly, I don't have the best internet in the world. in fact, living in a 3rd world country, I think I have one of the worst internet connections so disconnections can happen anytime. And after 50 mins in, I doubt my heart can handle the stress of possibly being disconnected and not getting any reward.

Secondly and sadly, I only have 1 friend in the game that i trust wont screw things up. And unfortunately, my friend lives in the same area as me, so we both get disconnected sometimes.

Thirdly, enemies scale real fast at around 40 mins in. Keeping up life support till 60 mins is extremely difficult, especially if its just the two of us.

Lastly, I've seen this happen, but if someone dies near a life support and you try to revive them, but instead you activate the life support, you can say goodbye to that nightwave reward.

Suggestion: 60 mins in one run is just to much for a normal person to invest to. The reward is simply too unrewarding given the amount of effort required. My suggestion is to split the 60 mins into 20 mins x 3. After 20 mins, you get 1/3 of the reward already and you have the choice if you want to continue or extract. 

Hope DE hears this out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JawNuts said:

I just came back to the game around 2-3 weeks ago and I'm at the point at which if I don't do every single Nightwave mission, I wont get the Umbral Forma reward. So skipping this isn't an option for me.

Firstly, I don't have the best internet in the world. in fact, living in a 3rd world country, I think I have one of the worst internet connections so disconnections can happen anytime. And after 50 mins in, I doubt my heart can handle the stress of possibly being disconnected and not getting any reward.

Secondly and sadly, I only have 1 friend in the game that i trust wont screw things up. And unfortunately, my friend lives in the same area as me, so we both get disconnected sometimes.

Thirdly, enemies scale real fast at around 40 mins in. Keeping up life support till 60 mins is extremely difficult, especially if its just the two of us.

Lastly, I've seen this happen, but if someone dies near a life support and you try to revive them, but instead you activate the life support, you can say goodbye to that nightwave reward.

Suggestion: 60 mins in one run is just to much for a normal person to invest to. The reward is simply too unrewarding given the amount of effort required. My suggestion is to split the 60 mins into 20 mins x 3. After 20 mins, you get 1/3 of the reward already and you have the choice if you want to continue or extract. 

Hope DE hears this out.

DE generally does not read General Discussion, so you're better off posting in the official feedback thread: 

Secondly, yeah, I get you. I... will regret this, but if you need help and someone who won't purposely troll the 60 minute mission, drop me a message. 

Thirdly, as FOMO as it is, Umbral Forma will return. Steve tweeted about such, although he wasn't sure/didnt say when or how. Everything in Warframe always returns, so don't burn yourself too much out on trying to rush it. You can, but remember to have fun and don't stress it too much. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

use hydroid, nekros or khora. it's pretty easy to keep up life support at that point. do kuva survival for the mission since they provide life support without actually counting towards the challenge, also you can't activate if its harvesting kuva. 

it's honestly not that hard of a challenge but DE will probably nerf it to 30 minutes because players who can't even last an hour in a survival need to be coddled.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

use hydroid, nekros or khora. it's pretty easy to keep up life support at that point. do kuva survival for the mission since they provide life support without actually counting towards the challenge, also you can't activate if its harvesting kuva. 

it's honestly not that hard of a challenge but DE will probably nerf it to 30 minutes because players who can't even last an hour in a survival need to be coddled.

Not even. Due to how shoddy the connections can be, you can do all 60 minutes and still not the nightwave completion, like I just did. The MM and netcode need looking after.

• Like 1

I mean in it's defence it's less invested time than the 8 bounties weekly, and that's only worth 3/5th the standing. But seriously 60 minutes for an Elite isn't too bad considering most of the weeklies are ~10-20ish minutes.

Elites:

Defence and Survival Missions need to have the friend requirement dropped. I don't mind helping people with them but stop cluttering friends lists with people who will never talk to each other.

The ESO one should be much more than 3 waves. Should be like "Beat Wave 6 of ESO" or something to better match the difficulty of the others. As it is right now the ESO one may as well be a normal weekly.

The Kuva Survival one should be 40 minutes. The enemies there at 60 minutes massively outscale the enemies at any of the other missions and necessitate specific frames like Nekros to farm Life Support. Again should be kept consistent difficulty.

The Profit Taker one should really be removed if they're not going to drop the standing wall. It's over a month of grind for most players and is totally unattainable for most players not due to skill or equipment but rather an arbitrary wall.

Sortie Expert should also probably be reconsidered for the same reason. It's not possible for many players due to artificial time gating (1 per day) not because of skill or challenge.

Weeklies:

The 9 Invasion and 10 Syndicate missions need to be dropped to 3 like all the other weeklies. 5 Simaris scans and 4 Orokin vaults should also be dropped to 3. Keep it consistent.

If the resource ones (Forma and Ayatan's) stay they need to be dropped to 1 if anything.

The 8 bounties needs to be replaced with 8 bounty stages, or preferably 5 bountie stages to match closer time wise to the other 3 missions Acts.

The Gild a thing Act should die in a fire. For Veterans it's a pointless annoyance and for newer players it's a huge standing sink getting in the way of them maxing standing with Fortuna and Ostron. For many players it can add several days onto an already months-long grind.

Dailies:

Most of these are fine but the hack 8 terminals is a bit excessive taking 2-3 spy missions or ~1-10 other missions depending on if enemies ever decide to set off alarms. Should be 3 to match up with the difficulty of the other dailies which can easily be done in one mission.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Most of these are fine but the hack 8 terminals is a bit excessive taking 2-3 spy missions or ~1-10 other missions depending on if enemies ever decide to set off alarms. Should be 3 to match up with the difficulty of the other dailies which can easily be done in one mission.

the way I did it to be time efficient. I started 10 survival missions but quit after the initial guaranteed console hack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

the way I did it to be time efficient. I started 10 survival missions but quit after the initial guaranteed console hack.

Yeah, and that really shouldn't be the best way to do a daily challenge is my point xD

A 3 terminal one will be easier enough to just run a full spy mission and hack all three, just like running a defence, survival, or high level exterminate is a decent enough way for the kill x enemies with y challenge.

• Like 1

Again, I don't mind the 60 mins it takes to complete an Elite. What I'm suggesting is not lowering the 60 mins, but splitting it into 3, so you can still complete maybe 1/3 even if you disconnect midway into the mission. 

If it makes you feel any better umbra forma is arguably useless. There's gotta be some builds out there that are impossible without it but the odd's of those builds being good to the point of it being worth the investment and always having a umbra mod in it's slot or empty. Yeah, I can't see it being worth the hassle not to mention "oh god, am I making the right choice?" 

Either more umbra forma's will come or only having a single one in game for a fraction of the player base is pointless. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

I wish they offered 12 possible Nightwave challenges per week.. some easy, some moderate, some very challenging.... you can complete any 6 of the 12 you can/wish. That way players of various levels and motivations can choose. 

Completing 4 per week gets you to 30 by the end of the episode. 

Edited by Softballbryan

10 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I have zero problems with the 60 minute survival or 40 wave defense nightwaves. I enjoy having a motivation to do endurance runs.

And you say that the effort isn’t worth the reward, well the reward is getting you a step closer to the thing you want, which idk how you can complain about that.

Agreed. I remember doing missions to NPC lv 300+ just because we had to outrun other clans. Doing missions that far had died. NO ONE does it any more. Always had enough ducats for baro, frames to share with clannies, and mats to do the research. It was never about material rewards. It was about the pride of being on top of the leaderboard.

The thing I walk away with is that people complain about the difficulty and then complain about having nothing to do in a game that has the capacity for pushing you to the limits and beyond. SMH in amazement.