Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn the new Ember?

(PSN)drpunk-yo

il y a une heure, (XB1)Skiller115 a dit :

As long as Mesa, Saryn and Equinox simply exists no one can honestly say that any other frame is broken when compared to these three! I know exactly how Hildryn works and already have over 20000 kills and countless hours with her! Have you ever played Oberon? He can strip any amount of armor in just 2 casts and I have never seen anyone try to complain that he's broken or something! Unlike Health her shields have absolutely no DR and without Adataptation she gets melted really quickly! Her exalted is a weaker Staticor with much less status chance and her 3 is extremely useless for damage! The only way you're getting kills with it is if you're still chilling on Earth and this is disregarding the fact that it's LOS only which makes it even more useless! 

She's not OP it might just be that the frames you are comparing her to just need an update and buffs.

Dude, please stop embarrassing yourself. I'm serious. Don't go there, go back in game, check the whole kit of Hildryn, then come back here. Then we can have a proper discussion. 

57 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Dude, please stop embarrassing yourself. I'm serious. Don't go there, go back in game, check the whole kit of Hildryn, then come back here. Then we can have a proper discussion. 

There is no discussion you just thrown out a (it's op cause I said so) how are you going to tell me what I know about Hildryn when I have used it more than 99% of the people in the game and owned her before the exploiter Orb was able to be fought! 

Hildryn is not op by a Longshot! 

The only person embarrassing themselves is you.

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

I kinda agree on Adaptation. That really pushes Hildryn into end-game viable tank level. Even without Adaptation, she's still in the top most useful/viable frames though. She also stands to gain a lot from Arcane Aegis & Barrier. Pretty heavy investment frame which I actually like.

She can't dance on top of the defence object, while killing everything across the map, meaning your team-mates don't get to play the game.

So no, she's not on the level of the reason why Ember got changed.

What she is, though, is the best Mom. She can be very good support, while also dishing out good damage. She's a great frame.

Edited by KokoroWish

5 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

She can't dance on top of the defence object, while killing everything across the map, meaning your team-mates don't get to play the game.

So no, she's not on the level of the reason why Ember got changed.

What she is, though, is the best Mom. She can be very good support, while also dishing out good damage. She's a great frame.

Huh? Yes she can. I've done that before and seen others do it. Needs line of sight but that's it.

5 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

That's a shot/chaser reply if ever I saw one.

She can totally do what Ember did, except at less range and requiring line of sight, but she totally can!

They have exactly same range. Hildryn has double range now if Ember is overheated. It's just line of sight.

23 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Short answer: Hildryn is nothing like Ember when it comes to wiping missions effortlessly, because her 3 requires line of sight and WoF does not.

Line of sight's a weird one because it comes down to level design. Compare the earth defense map to the void defense map. Earth defense is a line of sight nightmare whereas void defense is practically open air.

Take it out to open world and line of sight means even less.

I just don't think the fundamental design of the game leads to "line of sight" being the negative it's meant to be. Keep running and you'll see them eventually.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

2 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Line of sight's a weird one because it comes down to level design. Compare the earth defense map to the void defense map. Earth defense is a line of sight nightmare whereas void defense is practically open air.

Well yes, but the problem that players had with Ember was that she could nuke the whole map without even seeing the enemies she was killing. You could jog through an Exterminate or stand on a Defense pod and be so immediately effective that you robbed your teammates of things to do. If Hildryn does the same thing, the line-of-sight limitation means that other players don't miss out on the action provided they move around.

2 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I just don't think the fundamental design of the game leads to "line of sight" being the negative it's meant to be. Keep running and you'll see them eventually.

Requiring line of sight is a limitation, but I don't think it's meant to be negative. It's simply a way to ensure that enemies can use cover as a means of having a chance against us, forcing us to exert at least a tiny bit of effort to earn kills. That's not a bad thing -- an action game gets pretty uncompelling when it requires basically zero action on the part of the player.