Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm done with arbitrations

tomrair

Aaaaand again, the host dies, and instead of waiting for the other players to revive him he just leaves, and of course the host migration screws up. Mission aborted. 15 minutes of lifetime lost because of bad netcode. From now on, I'll avoid arbitrations like the plague.

DE, fix your [you-know-what].

Edited by tomrair
  • Like 3

Arbitrations take long at 2 rotations already, we need those cut down to a normal rotation and buff the enemies, for a single archgun riven I need to spend hours of doing just arbitrations its just stupid and the host migration just makes them ever more dislikable

• Like 1

On 2019-05-02 at 7:51 PM, tomrair said:

Aaaaand again, the host dies, and instead of waiting for the other players to revive him he just leaves, and of course the host migration screws up. Mission aborted. 15 minutes of lifetime lost because of bad netcode. From now on, I'll avoid arbitrations like the plague.

DE, fix your [you-know-what].

I'm not being screwed over by host migrations that hard, I think you even have an invulnerability phase while the host migration occurs, but it could be that the duration of it is static and not tied to your actual load time (so you're basically screwed if you don't own an SSD).

What drives me to absolutely despise Arbitrations is the actual hate & grief it introduces to the game.

Take a Defection Arbitration for example. If you have a sturdy built Oberon and remotely know what you're doing, it is one of the easiest arbitration modes, and one where you can speed up the rewards by rescuing the refugees in parallel.

So I go into a Defection as Oberon, there is a Saryn and an Inaros (forgot the last one's frame). No one is filling up the towers, no one is getting any refugees, I'm effectively the only one playing for the actual objective, and it becomes pretty clear that no one even knows what to do really (can't really blame them for that, given how popular Defection is).

I try to not die while explaining the game mode via chat, and after the 5th Squad rescued I say "2B 2C", because I was alone at C for the last round, and they didn't do their job at B also because the refugees were standing on A alone, 1-2 of them already dead. The 4th dude (which I don't know the frame of) literally responds with "dude I'm way too squishy", and tries to get to the exit, but dies before he gets to it, and bails instantly.

Inaros is Host and dies, and doesn't respond in chat, I even get 5 tokens and revive him (because the remaining Saryn doesn't know how the revive mechanic works), but he is just AFK and dies again shortly after that.

With Infested enemies and Oberon casting stuff on the ground, it is nearly impossible to "dodge" the tokens that debuff me for other players being AFK, griefing, or whatever it is they decide to do (mostly they don't even understand that they won't get any more rewards if they stay in). Additionally, I'm now stuck with a Saryn that tries to Nuke enemies instead of protecting the refugees, a still higher enemy spawn rate AND debuff tokens because of the dead 3rd player.

I see that 8/10 refugees already died and rush to the exit and tell Saryn to do so too, so we don't fail the mission entirely, and we barely escape at 9/10 refugees.

The only thing I can do against that is playing solo, which is the most boring to me, but otherwise I'm gonna have a heartattack from all this crap.

The current mechanic is absolutely hate inducing, before the changes, when some noob/griefer/leecher died it was just over for him, now there's a good chance the whole mission will fail for others as well.

On 2019-05-05 at 11:28 AM, woschdvendetta said:

~snip~

agreed. revive mechanic needs to be removed. i dont think DE has a clue about their player base, and how lazy people can become because of 1 player being able to do the job of the entire team through the long unchecked power creep they keep adding onto.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

Yeh arbitration is broke start today with 12 vitus Essence in my inventory went to see how many I needed for a archgun riven saw it was 25 which is insane to begin with so proceeded to run 10 defense arbitration missions all success so should have 22 Vitus Essence now nope not only did I not get credited the 10 I just spent grinding out im missing 5 from the 12 I started with. So all that grinding to be out 15 Vitus Essence is bs. I now have 7 havent spent any n started with 12 such bs and DE doesnt seem to care to fix arbitration issues