Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions of a brand new player.

Dr.Cosmar

1. Loot tables.

• It's not that I am not getting loot, or anything usable (there is a use for everything if you are intelligent), it's the relic>rare loot system. I have made more plat than progress....by far....any prime I want is sufficiently locked behind HOURS of grinding, and hoping that the 5% drop chance hits every 5-10 min run, while also hoping #2 does not happen.
  • Cestus...is ridiculously bad about it's loot. In one of the missions, i obtained 2x Revenant systems....cool, only needed one, but that works I guess, so much for that being hard to get. 12 hours over the course of 3 days in Cestus bounty 5, still no neuroptics....
  • So in short, I first have to put in an unfair amount of farming for just 2-3 of the relics I need, then get ultra disappointing when all three were made radiant, and all three got a common.

2. Very poor selection of host, or connection setup in general.

• It seems the system always wants to select 300ms hosts, or at least, that's what it feels like when I am chasing around a vibrating corpus only hitting when I miss.
  • The only time it's good, and there are no complaints, is when I am host or another with exceptional internet is host...bout 50% of the time realistically.
  • Even if someone with high ping is not host, being near them makes you lag like holy hell.
  • Many other connections when related to the subject include; not being able to loot something (...like the last cache), not being able to pick up things (like an awesome orokin statue I watched dissapear after host DCd), being dead, but still walking around and unable to be revived (happens on an eidolon hunt a lot), and my personal favorite....the host migration failing and me loosing the 3 relics I just cracked open and 15 minutes of my life.

3. Resource pool is dull. (this is an IMO)

• I can get thousands, upon thousands, of many types of resource...when it takes just 2-5 of whatever (like neural sensors, or aragonite) It's a trip to farm....every....single....time. ON top of making that resource rare, it has a decay....cute....it's really just an effort to get the less vigilant players to spend hard earned money for cash. I would pay a subscription to not have decay....
  • 120,000 Alloy Plate for the Kavat incubator....It's not that bad...at the same time, i'm left wondering "will there be anything else like this...is there a next level to this....cause i'm not down for that much farming on such small payoff....rather wait if there is.

4. Tenno Lab? Dojo is made very important for progression.

• I don't mind this....but right now I have 6 blueprints for formas, all the materials required....but I can only make one in 24-hours. I have received the first 3 from Nightwave, and will work to the next.
  • I have been playing roughly 3 weeks now...and JUST got my Tenno/bio lab built and researching the Archwing launcher segment. It will take another 2 days at least before I can fly on the plains. To be honest, I only assume I have to build that and then the 30min piece. I could be wrong, but I am stuck in and out of google...alt+tab every time I don't know something....and I'm just done doing research for something this trivial.
  • The means of progressing the Dojo are adequate for 1 player, but the research time is a kick to the gut....so is the 1 forma for each....anything....

5. Build and research time.

• It's ridiculous....just about everything has a 12 hour wait at minimum. I'm trying to do so many different things at once (because of the games lack of directive), that it feels impossible to craft enough weapons. I usually end up going quite a few missions with max everything because i have just a few hours left on weapons. I should probably be more dilligent in producing weapons, but I have just 2 left on the market, and don't feel like wasting credits on them when I have a lot of blueprints I just need to do more farming for.
  • 3 days....every warframe, every research project...it almost makes it not worth waiting, and regretting my decision to stay in a ghost clan. I am finding myself slowly become unattractive to this concept. With my first warframe, I didn't mind, it was exciting to wait for that, but the second....third...ect, knowing I will need quite a few to rank up sufficiently...monotonous, not fun.

6. The story content/lore.

• I wish DE would have put more respect into the lore...more thought, more love. You can see some love with "The War Within" , that project received much attention and it seems the devs really put focus on it. It was nice, it could have used better writing
    Spoiler

(the dialogue between Tenno and Teshin where dry...or forced, no in between the "I came back for you" part in particular)

, but it was a very nice center piece, and keeps me enthralled to see more of your operators story. I say all that, because I had to wait a week and a half to see the love or attention.
  • It's very spotty...what is going on? Well I just got a couple stories unlocked the other day....one is at the very end...wth? I wasn't trying rly....focused on breaking that brick wall area of 40+ and unlocking planets.

7. Enemy levels?....

• Very confusing....not helpful at all. when I noticed mission levels drifting into 35+ i was a bit confused that my gear only went to 30. I then realized that I could essentially what the entire online community refers to as "potato" my gear (gj guys...I had to think real hard on what you meant by "potato" but....they do look like potatoes so it wasn't that hard)....I did...then learned I should have done that to a prime.
  • So began farming....for an eternity (~2 weeks, 5 hours a day, never farmed that long....played WoW 13 years and I coulda had anything I wanted in any expansion with that hustle)....researching (on the web, not ingame lab) what relics I needed...almost all warframes seem equivocally out of my reach except by trading plat, built Zephyr that away....yeah....didn't even use your game mechanics because it took me 45 mins on warframe market instead, i payed 30 plat and had all the blueprints.
  • This is not the same for other primes...take Equinox Prime Systems, I have 2 of every blueprint plus already crated the part in week one, but systems....really this just ties into #1. Really bad loot tables regarding relics.
  • There is no particular warframe I want, I am just trying to build whatever comes my way now....I just need more defense. I got 95 now due to my focus. Fact is, also need to reach MR 8 to use the Braton prime I found all the pieces for in the first 5 days of gameplay....
  • coupled all this with the fact I have not found one useful assault rifle (my personal favorite weapon type) since buying the soma.....just pieces upon pieces of other weapons (which I keep at least 1 of everything, either crafted or blueprint, I also craft things whenever I can just to make sure I have it)
  • So where does that leave the topic of enemy levels?....how do I know how I compare to a level 40  grineer or infected?....i don't...my only way to tell is make progress, better my mods, get better mods, get better damage output (corpus, grineer, infected specific), get better in general. Then try something in the last level range I got my butt kicked at, and hopefully succeed.

I'm sure many will point out "insert easy answer here" to any of these statements, or try to defend their favorite game. Fact remains though, I am a new player, I am also not shy about doing online research in something I don't understand, and I have nothing to gain by writing this. So if something may have eluded me, it was because there was absolutely no in-game narrative or hints guiding me, the player, to that conclusion naturally (you know...like the good games do).

For example, why does everyone recommend Soma Prime? Most of it's relics have been vaulted, pieces cost upwards of 45 plat, why recommend it to a new player? I can answer my own question, basically it's because my MR is high enough for it, and it's not a terrible weapon, a weapon that would be recommended for formas and catalysts until I find a better one. The simple fact remains though, I am stuck juggling crap weapons, and having just 1 component shy of any potential war frames . Spread thin over a large disarray, and unorganized mess, of obstacles, fissure missions, reputation farming, and WAITING....oh god, the waiting....oh almost forgot, not enough MR too....so many things have accumulated that I am not high enough mastery for.

I have never played any game in my life with so much waiting...heaven forbid I fail my mastery test....that's 24 hours. Used your last forma?...24hours...and 35k credits. Finished one sortie got 4000 endo for the 3rd time this week (or worse....a riven mod I can't use)....like 7am???? (unsure...waiting nonetheless). Need a new warframe to level? Oh well...that will be 20 plat for a slot, and 3 days of wait time (or you can pay 75 more plat!)....not good, none of that feels rewarding anymore....now I am learning there is an "UMBRA"....great, not even midway up the latter like I thought. It might be my personality that plays for completion, but I know online games are typically endless. I'm aware I will never have "the best" gear....but there is a tier segment for it...and it's there, it's just not looking like a very fun climb up there when I can just....buy it...and take all the fun out of the game????!??!??! What a confusing community here.

TL;DR
In conclusion; this game isn't terrible, but it's not good. It's a good pass time...it's a bit addictive. However, in my final opinion, f2p games are always just bad. The loot is always bad, there is always a hitch (waiting), and they don't put much thought into anything, it's all just a money grab.

Edited by Dr.Cosmar
Grammar, punctuation, sentense restructure.
  • Like 5

Well thought out and not incredibly reactionary, allowing for opinions without battering a topic. Not many can state their thoughts as you have. I wanted to mention I, and moderators, appreciate seeing posts mannered like this.

A lot of valid frustrations to read here.

The foundry wait can be mitigated by always having something baking in it, so there's always something ready for you to master. Doesn't solve the core problem, but it is a good band-aid.

It's probably better to join an existing clan that has all that forma-consuming research already done

You can practice for your MR tests at Simaris' place in the relays, just head up the stairs to the right of him. Like many things that's something DE kinda neglects to inform the player about.

Lastly, you *can* actually have "the best" gear...the question's whether you have the patience (and/or plat) to collect it.

Edited by TheGreenFellow

21 hours ago, Dr.Cosmar said:

ON top of making that resource rare, it has a decay....cute....it's really just an effort to get the less vigilant players to spend hard earned money for cash. I would pay a subscription to not have decay....

Only Argon Crystals do that and they are the only resource you cant buy with plat. 

Couldn't have put it better myself. As much as I love this game(mr26 2k ingame hours ffs), I can relate to and understand most, if not all the points you listed. Unfortunately that's literally the entire game, bar arbitrations, eidolons, and elite sanctuary onslaught... Once you're done with all the crafting, leveling, and quests all that's left to do is wait for new content drops. 😕

• Like 1

relatively new player (50 days reward today), came here cause i heard warframe is grindy and has a nice variety of gameplay
what did u come here for ?
i want my farming, i want my challenges, cause these types of games are rare nowadays, because of people like you
" would pay a subscription to not have decay....  " (Argon Crystals)
whats with this mindset? people want to have everything on a silver platter nowadays and you dont know how to appreciate achievements anymore it seems

I got time anyways but lets go note by note

• relics, ever heard of radshare ? if u want those prime parts, farm other relics, sell for plat, buy yours, or radshare and be lucky, if everyone got their golden or silver part with the first relic they crack open there wouldnt be any suspense in farming relics, also barok ki teer would be even easier
  • RNG is a *@##$, deal with it, also not my favourable system but thats what they chose, try farming for nidus, then u know whats true horror
  • again, this is RNG 🙂 go radshare or suck up that u arent lucky sometimes, disappointment is something u shouldve learned to handle in live by now, since u mustve reached an age where u can formulate your displeasure with the game in the way u did.

•  That must be only u, i have no problems, might be because ure not living in an area where alot of ppl play warframe?
    its not DEs fault for sure
  • invite a friend and start a game, 99% ure host if u invited a friend
  • never perceived that one
  • thats DEs fault for host mitigation, theyre about to fix these issues since theyre "fairly new", also the last part, never happend to me,
    it all just makes me think ure playing in an area thats is very far from everybody else and thus ur connection to everyone is just bad

• the game is grinding heavy, you can buy boosters if you wanne, u know it has a decay? use it and dont leave it for it being decayed, anything else is just ur own damn fault, stop blaming mechanics for ur own shortcomings. also, nobody asked u to pay a dime, youre blaming de for them not making the game good enough so that u feel nice tossing money at it ? next level victimization...
  • yes 120k for kuva incubator, u know what? google "how to farm [ressoruce]"
    u can buy robots and make kubrows like mad, so yeah, kavats takes that much, u cant just wait again can u ? just passively farm it, passively is the matgic word, cause all u have to do is to do other missions for anything really, and eventually ull be able to afford it
    "playing warframe: day 1, I WANT KAVAT INCUBATOR, DE WHY IS THIS SO EXPENSIVE?!"
    just play the game and ull end up with S#&$loads of ressources (except for bottleneck ressources!!!! u get it right ? a few ressoruces are required to be a bottleneck, else ppl wont buy the boosters, mindblown yet?)

• if u had everything u want by tomrrow u would quit the game a few days after, cooldowns are there for a reason, the longer u wait the more ull enjoy it when u have it
    understand that goddamn principle and ull start to appreciate things more in your life, not just in games
    theres millions of other weapons u can buy and make, craft a forma everyday to keep the doctor away.
    dont just formas for every little crap, but think of how its best to use them?
  • why built it ? u can just join a clan? solo player trying to build everything a clan has? ure a supreme madman if u gonna try this... "hey lets build a structure thats built by 100 of people aaaaall by myself" good luck, dont cry because thats not the way it was supposed to be!!!!! do u understand this?!
    also, archwing launcher segment isnt trivial...
  • its not meant to be done by one players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop forcing ur own goddarn ideals onto the game

4/7 and i dont even wanne continue, because all u need to learn is how to have patience and ur game expierence will be so much better
also... warframe is meant as a social game, thus relics and trading and EVERYTHING ELSE
if you cant fathom this, ure beyond help

• if it didnt have this, i wouldve quit long ago
    i have at least 5 weapons of each precrafted in case i max one...
    ...if all u do is constant affinity farm to get a high MR then by all means, you havent understand that games are meant to be fun
    try out the guns, if u like them, get the vandal, wraith or primed version, mod it enjoy it
    stop treating everything as fodder for ur MR craze
    i play for a month, more than the average player and i dont have just 2 BP from the market left, do u know why? cause theres more to the game than just MR fodder weapons
    ure missing the point of the game Mr. solo player who wants to built its own CLAN dojo and expects rad relics to perfectly pop for whatever u need (10% chance on golden!, 3x rads = 30% if u do the additive statistics, and u expect to get teh drop ?)
  • yes, warframes, precraft them u MR craze... i love this, and whenever somebody cries about this my gamer heart skips a beat.
    patience is a frigging virtue, the only thing here thats monotonous is ur MR craze u lunatic

• im 100% sure warframe selling point was never the story, it has a good enough story that is accompanying the gameplay nicely
    turn to books or fantasy lore based games if u want a better story
    its a solid good story for the game, more is always welcome but its definitely nothing bad or flawed for the concept of this game
  • no clue what ure talking about

• "hey its a ressource that costs plat, plat is a ressource i shouldnt throw in the gutter" thats literally all the thinking that had to be done here
    again this is your own shortcoming, u probably tossed formas around as well and now ure crying that theres just one every day
    guess what, use them carefully, cause they dont constantly drop
  • 13 years of WoW... how did u even keep up that long with that S#&$ game  ? everything after [insert random add on] is crappy anyhow
    WoW turned into a casual [insult] game long ago, i cant wait for vanilla days, i hope blizz doesnt touch S#&$ that they werent supposed to...
  • some warframes are vaulted for a reason, its called rotation duh, if u want something out of the rotation pay the price
    i went volt -> valkyr and wanted valkyr prime, guess what i did ? i farmed anything that gave me plat and then traded about 200 frigging plat for her
    later found out why other frames are so cheap and she so expensive, what does it matter? IIIIII wanted to her and so IIIII got her, if u arent devote enough, sucks to be you
    warframe vaulting is a perfectly fine enough model to increase variety throughout seasons, u can either farm it and buy it, or wait until its ur turn and get it 🙂
    what was that weird virtue again? .. ahh yeah... patience
  • no it doesnt, its a gold relic part, let me remind you 10% dropchance on rad, if u would finally go radshare, thatd be 35% for 4x rad in one party
    if they made everything easily accessible, who the fk would even play the game for longer than a day?
  • sucks to be u and ur lousy genuine interest in the game, but what did i expect from somebody thats an MR craze, theres plenty that im interested in and let me tell you something, im playing this game and i never, ever in my life enjoyed anything "mecha" related, this is how darn good the game is
  • MR 8 and u just said u bought every weapon that there was from the market?! bro u gotta be seriously lying ...
    im not even done with the market and im at MR 12
  • i have alot of weapons i like, i cant even hold all of them or make all of them prime and mod them properly, cause guess what? its a grindfest. and guess what ? i love that i cant get everything instantly but have to invest time and brain into how to best get all the stuff that i want
    ure gonna cry so hard when u wanne start modding one weapon perfectly and  wanne get all the prime mods
    4 million credits and 40k endo for ONE primed mod 🙂 i love it, u probably hate it cause u invest about a week to max 1 mod
  • where does it leave u ? either at extraction point or "u failed the mission" and this way u know wether u have to gear up or if ure good to go
    learn the armor types and elements and ull be much happier...

but u know what ?
props to u for trying to solo through the planets, i admire that and thats the spirit, i did it with my wife and then wanted to make a clan doj owith her, but i figured is way to much effort for 2 ppl, let alone 1, so ure better off joining somewhere
only at around pluto we started trading with other people to improve outselves
many people out there just wanne get carried and taxied like tiny crying babies that cant achieve anything for themselves

On 2019-05-04 at 6:43 AM, Kakoii-is-cool said:

relatively new player (50 days reward today), came here cause i heard warframe is grindy and has a nice variety of gameplay
what did u come here for ?
i want my farming, i want my challenges, cause these types of games are rare nowadays, because of people like you
" would pay a subscription to not have decay....  " (Argon Crystals)
whats with this mindset? people want to have everything on a silver platter nowadays and you dont know how to appreciate achievements anymore it seems

I got time anyways but lets go note by note

• relics, ever heard of radshare ? if u want those prime parts, farm other relics, sell for plat, buy yours, or radshare and be lucky, if everyone got their golden or silver part with the first relic they crack open there wouldnt be any suspense in farming relics, also barok ki teer would be even easier
  • RNG is a *@##$, deal with it, also not my favourable system but thats what they chose, try farming for nidus, then u know whats true horror
  • again, this is RNG 🙂 go radshare or suck up that u arent lucky sometimes, disappointment is something u shouldve learned to handle in live by now, since u mustve reached an age where u can formulate your displeasure with the game in the way u did.

•  That must be only u, i have no problems, might be because ure not living in an area where alot of ppl play warframe?
    its not DEs fault for sure
  • invite a friend and start a game, 99% ure host if u invited a friend
  • never perceived that one
  • thats DEs fault for host mitigation, theyre about to fix these issues since theyre "fairly new", also the last part, never happend to me,
    it all just makes me think ure playing in an area thats is very far from everybody else and thus ur connection to everyone is just bad

• the game is grinding heavy, you can buy boosters if you wanne, u know it has a decay? use it and dont leave it for it being decayed, anything else is just ur own damn fault, stop blaming mechanics for ur own shortcomings. also, nobody asked u to pay a dime, youre blaming de for them not making the game good enough so that u feel nice tossing money at it ? next level victimization...
  • yes 120k for kuva incubator, u know what? google "how to farm [ressoruce]"
    u can buy robots and make kubrows like mad, so yeah, kavats takes that much, u cant just wait again can u ? just passively farm it, passively is the matgic word, cause all u have to do is to do other missions for anything really, and eventually ull be able to afford it
    "playing warframe: day 1, I WANT KAVAT INCUBATOR, DE WHY IS THIS SO EXPENSIVE?!"
    just play the game and ull end up with S#&$loads of ressources (except for bottleneck ressources!!!! u get it right ? a few ressoruces are required to be a bottleneck, else ppl wont buy the boosters, mindblown yet?)

• if u had everything u want by tomrrow u would quit the game a few days after, cooldowns are there for a reason, the longer u wait the more ull enjoy it when u have it
    understand that goddamn principle and ull start to appreciate things more in your life, not just in games
    theres millions of other weapons u can buy and make, craft a forma everyday to keep the doctor away.
    dont just formas for every little crap, but think of how its best to use them?
  • why built it ? u can just join a clan? solo player trying to build everything a clan has? ure a supreme madman if u gonna try this... "hey lets build a structure thats built by 100 of people aaaaall by myself" good luck, dont cry because thats not the way it was supposed to be!!!!! do u understand this?!
    also, archwing launcher segment isnt trivial...
  • its not meant to be done by one players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop forcing ur own goddarn ideals onto the game

4/7 and i dont even wanne continue, because all u need to learn is how to have patience and ur game expierence will be so much better
also... warframe is meant as a social game, thus relics and trading and EVERYTHING ELSE
if you cant fathom this, ure beyond help

• if it didnt have this, i wouldve quit long ago
    i have at least 5 weapons of each precrafted in case i max one...
    ...if all u do is constant affinity farm to get a high MR then by all means, you havent understand that games are meant to be fun
    try out the guns, if u like them, get the vandal, wraith or primed version, mod it enjoy it
    stop treating everything as fodder for ur MR craze
    i play for a month, more than the average player and i dont have just 2 BP from the market left, do u know why? cause theres more to the game than just MR fodder weapons
    ure missing the point of the game Mr. solo player who wants to built its own CLAN dojo and expects rad relics to perfectly pop for whatever u need (10% chance on golden!, 3x rads = 30% if u do the additive statistics, and u expect to get teh drop ?)
  • yes, warframes, precraft them u MR craze... i love this, and whenever somebody cries about this my gamer heart skips a beat.
    patience is a frigging virtue, the only thing here thats monotonous is ur MR craze u lunatic

• im 100% sure warframe selling point was never the story, it has a good enough story that is accompanying the gameplay nicely
    turn to books or fantasy lore based games if u want a better story
    its a solid good story for the game, more is always welcome but its definitely nothing bad or flawed for the concept of this game
  • no clue what ure talking about

• "hey its a ressource that costs plat, plat is a ressource i shouldnt throw in the gutter" thats literally all the thinking that had to be done here
    again this is your own shortcoming, u probably tossed formas around as well and now ure crying that theres just one every day
    guess what, use them carefully, cause they dont constantly drop
  • 13 years of WoW... how did u even keep up that long with that S#&$ game  ? everything after [insert random add on] is crappy anyhow
    WoW turned into a casual [insult] game long ago, i cant wait for vanilla days, i hope blizz doesnt touch S#&$ that they werent supposed to...
  • some warframes are vaulted for a reason, its called rotation duh, if u want something out of the rotation pay the price
    i went volt -> valkyr and wanted valkyr prime, guess what i did ? i farmed anything that gave me plat and then traded about 200 frigging plat for her
    later found out why other frames are so cheap and she so expensive, what does it matter? IIIIII wanted to her and so IIIII got her, if u arent devote enough, sucks to be you
    warframe vaulting is a perfectly fine enough model to increase variety throughout seasons, u can either farm it and buy it, or wait until its ur turn and get it 🙂
    what was that weird virtue again? .. ahh yeah... patience
  • no it doesnt, its a gold relic part, let me remind you 10% dropchance on rad, if u would finally go radshare, thatd be 35% for 4x rad in one party
    if they made everything easily accessible, who the fk would even play the game for longer than a day?
  • sucks to be u and ur lousy genuine interest in the game, but what did i expect from somebody thats an MR craze, theres plenty that im interested in and let me tell you something, im playing this game and i never, ever in my life enjoyed anything "mecha" related, this is how darn good the game is
  • MR 8 and u just said u bought every weapon that there was from the market?! bro u gotta be seriously lying ...
    im not even done with the market and im at MR 12
  • i have alot of weapons i like, i cant even hold all of them or make all of them prime and mod them properly, cause guess what? its a grindfest. and guess what ? i love that i cant get everything instantly but have to invest time and brain into how to best get all the stuff that i want
    ure gonna cry so hard when u wanne start modding one weapon perfectly and  wanne get all the prime mods
    4 million credits and 40k endo for ONE primed mod 🙂 i love it, u probably hate it cause u invest about a week to max 1 mod
  • where does it leave u ? either at extraction point or "u failed the mission" and this way u know wether u have to gear up or if ure good to go
    learn the armor types and elements and ull be much happier...

but u know what ?
props to u for trying to solo through the planets, i admire that and thats the spirit, i did it with my wife and then wanted to make a clan doj owith her, but i figured is way to much effort for 2 ppl, let alone 1, so ure better off joining somewhere
only at around pluto we started trading with other people to improve outselves
many people out there just wanne get carried and taxied like tiny crying babies that cant achieve anything for themselves

Just hit day 21.

Apprently someone got triggered.

I'll be honest, if you are arguing game's "RNG" aspect, as a means for difficulty...you are defending a random number generator not the game A game of heads and tails computer generated can operate an RNG...it would be 1 or 2. It's been around since PC games where a thing, so please shut the hell up about RNG...it's not difficulty, it's boring.

25man HC ICC back in it's hay day....that was difficult, and equally rewarding....this is just boring.

These where opinions, so "people like me" make up the vast majority of market DE wants...they don't care if you want to play with us or not. People like you...are in love with a game, and have invested so much time in it, and possible real world money...you would not want to see the games reputation tarnished in the slightest. (I don't need you to correct me, I could care less if my assumption was wrong, and you have never spent a dime)

I honestly stopped reading halfway through, you repeated yourself so many times that all I got from this is that you think RNG = Difficulty....

You, sir/ma'am, are the type of player that wants things on a silver platter, not me. Yeah, i don't want resource decay....but that alone would not make me buy a subscription.
Did you read ALL of what I though would make a viable subscription sale (for me...remember this is IMO) or stop there?

let me tell you, from a business perspective, how suscribe to play games do so well...all the time, even FFXI. It's real simple, dependible revenue for a product desired = expansion + improvement on your product = a better product that your consumers can enjoy = more consumers = more revenue = More growth, #synergy via compartementalization. If you can count on getting $X each month, you can make better plans with staffing as well as the game, and follow through with them. However, DE is depending on idiots, charity, and impatience...like all F2P games. Three things any gamer can be known for.

While it's had a decently long run, and there are many players out there who probably never made a dime, they wouldn't be around this long without something more than the....lol....RNG system.

Just today, I was wondering why Baro had such crap items this visit, and why it was 1 week 4 days until his next...because even the trading of plat between other players to get what you want is something DE DEPENDS ON, not asking, not wanting, they NEED IT...they are a large company...they want things to be out of reach, so you have to pay for them in one form or another.

If you are going to argue pateinece, randomization of loot, longevity of content, go play an actual MMO.....this game doesn't have anything on those three aspects...it's a laugh that you would tell me to have patience. I know you can't tell from my review, but I have plenty of that. 13 years or so.

My patience....in 20 days, I got a valkyr prime in the bake, level 8 mr (Could have been higher, but I am taking my time with MR), 134 plat to blow on whatever....all colors are unlocked now. I can finally fly, didn't need to joing a dojo, mines looking pretty nice, got to decorating the other day, also bought a primed mod I didn't even want just incase I couldn't get it for a while again. Also, i keep selling riven mods because I have too many of them....

I just play more aggressive, and exploit whatever I can to get to the endgame content....which is realy lack luster because you can't even tell what "end-game" content looks like. Level 30 warframe? Meh, who cares? My main point, there is no "path" for the character to follow, everything that DE has done up to this point with their game....has been for the sole purpose of generating more revenue. The "end-game" can look like whatever you want it too....just like there is no "Best gear" there is only the "best warframe + setup" (no balance = poor additions of content)

In case I am talking to someone who still does not understand that concept, and how obvious it looks to me. I'll explain further, by showing you a rough sketch of their business model.

DE releases a new prime, a month or multiple later and they decide to "vault" it. Which means it will no longer be obtainable via in-game drops. Some players just bought the package, some bought plat and payed people like me who farmed the items in game. Regaurdless, someone has to buy plat at some point....that is the business model....make desired content > lock content away so people have to pay for it. Make freebie content (story progression, game lore), have it ignored by your impatient community who only want shinys, but attract players like me...who want actual fun out of their game.

At this point DE seems to be lobbing things at the game, and hoping that people will be attracted to them enough to spend money. Right now, i fear for them because most their player base is just in it for the loot and in-game items, but it's obvious someone in that studio wants to tell a  story...they don't have a whole lot in their loot table, its small. It takes a lot of effort for a design team to come up with even one weapon. From states, to CG modeling, to debug/testing...you really think that DE pays for that easily? No...they have to browse forums researching player base opinion, then "Unvault" a prime that is not very desired for unvaulting....but everyone goes and farms it anyways. You may be wondering now, "how does a player farming generate any revenue for DE"....easy, I most of the time get 2 or 3 copies per part of anything I am looking for, but the one part I need. Same could be said for a lot of people...what to do with the other parts....sell for plat. Where does that plat come from?....players buying plat or trading other items for plat which someone else had to buy....it all boils down to, a good majority of players who fluently trade, are just enjoying the game for absolutely free, but most likely not having very much fun,

I was able to build Loki prime 3 times over those 3 days, my extras are listed for when the market gets to that price, and it's the only fun I get out of this game. The satisfaction of selling a lazy player an item they could spend 20-40 mins to get if they played when I did, it's emotionally rewarding. I can still build loki, but I will wait till I get bored of one of my other frames, i only have 3 slots.

TL:DR version?
You don't know me, and the only thing that is impatient is your post. The connection is the worst thing in this game, and it's that you are arguing RNG like it means something after 50 days. A coin flip app runs off RNG, should I not be irritated when I get tails 8 times in a row...is the game difficult because i got tails so many times?

How does your RNG system hold up when I get everything I wanted in game within 21 days of playing and spending not a single cent? I just sold my duplicate crap to stupid players at absorbant prices, then bought what I wanted with said plat...key to good farming, pick a place, and spend TIME there (gotta spend enough to go through AB and C rotation)....but what do I know, I don't have patience.

As a last note, I was never bashing the game, just telling it how it is. I have played a LOT of games, i give reviews not for my own satisfaction, but for the betterment of the game. No where in there did I say I was not playing this game anymore, or express unbridled irritation and anger. It's a review, if you don't like it, but love this game....tell DE they need to make more money, produce more content staples (like lore), and fix their connection.

• Like 1

I am a bit too lazy, so I will only address some of the points you made

On the issue of connection, you can go into options -> gameplay -> matchmaking ping limit and set it to 100, there will still be the occasional times where you get matched with a laggy host, but for the vast majority of the time, you should be fine either by being connected with a good host or being the host yourself (assuming your own net is strong)

On the matter of long crafting times. I would have to say this. Warframe isn't a game meant to be rushed (unless you are sitting on a gold mountain and is willing to spend a lot), it is far more enjoyable if you try to get your things at a slower pace. While there is more or less "better" or "not as good" weapons, eventually you would realize that the vast majority of content is balanced based on the gears we had years ago, so "current top tier" weapons are far from necessary for the majority of the content and are only useful when you go for 1h+ runs or things like eidolon hunts.

On the matter of soma prime, it is a decent weapon but as you mentioned, vaulted. Perhaps you can tell us your current MR and we maybe able to recommend weapons that are unlocked and is easy to obtain.

On the matter of solo clans. It is actually not that fun if you are a newer player. I personally probably have the resources to complete the vast majority of researches for a ghost clan on my own right now, but that is from accumulation over quite a bit of time. While it is doable, I would recommend not running a solo clan especially if you are trying to rush mastery ranks. A simple solution for now would be to add an alt to the clan to keep your progress and perhaps enter a clan with most researches done for now if you are desperate to get blueprints for mastery / use. Alternatively, it would also be a good idea to slow down as the game still lacks a proper endgame, enjoying the process is a important part of the game, and I would argue that I probably had the most fun during the "mid game" because endgame is kinda boring and early game is just awful in regards to both experience and giving information about the game (Although they are talking about revamping the early game experience so there maybe some hope)

On the matter of platinum, it is actually possible to gain platinum from trading. The prices on warframe market is typically a decent indicator if you are not sure how much you should be selling a particular item for. Orokin vault runs, relic runs are typically decent for that purpose, the rivens you get from sortie may also be worth something.

7 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I am a bit too lazy, so I will only address some of the points you made

On the issue of connection, you can go into options -> gameplay -> matchmaking ping limit and set it to 100, there will still be the occasional times where you get matched with a laggy host, but for the vast majority of the time, you should be fine either by being connected with a good host or being the host yourself (assuming your own net is strong)

On the matter of long crafting times. I would have to say this. Warframe isn't a game meant to be rushed (unless you are sitting on a gold mountain and is willing to spend a lot), it is far more enjoyable if you try to get your things at a slower pace. While there is more or less "better" or "not as good" weapons, eventually you would realize that the vast majority of content is balanced based on the gears we had years ago, so "current top tier" weapons are far from necessary for the majority of the content and are only useful when you go for 1h+ runs or things like eidolon hunts.

On the matter of soma prime, it is a decent weapon but as you mentioned, vaulted. Perhaps you can tell us your current MR and we maybe able to recommend weapons that are unlocked and is easy to obtain.

On the matter of solo clans. It is actually not that fun if you are a newer player. I personally probably have the resources to complete the vast majority of researches for a ghost clan on my own right now, but that is from accumulation over quite a bit of time. While it is doable, I would recommend not running a solo clan especially if you are trying to rush mastery ranks. A simple solution for now would be to add an alt to the clan to keep your progress and perhaps enter a clan with most researches done for now if you are desperate to get blueprints for mastery / use. Alternatively, it would also be a good idea to slow down as the game still lacks a proper endgame, enjoying the process is a important part of the game, and I would argue that I probably had the most fun during the "mid game" because endgame is kinda boring and early game is just awful in regards to both experience and giving information about the game (Although they are talking about revamping the early game experience so there maybe some hope)

On the matter of platinum, it is actually possible to gain platinum from trading. The prices on warframe market is typically a decent indicator if you are not sure how much you should be selling a particular item for. Orokin vault runs, relic runs are typically decent for that purpose, the rivens you get from sortie may also be worth something.

You really are lazy, you didn't read.

• Like 1

@Dr.Cosmar 

WELCOME TO GRINDFRAME!

----

1 - Loot tables:

Yes, they suck majorly. RNG is both the bane of this game, but also its core "feature". RNG keeps players playing (and paying) and repeating the same junk over and over and over and over. You can play 100 zones of S.O. and not get Khora, you can play 100 infested salvage missions and not get Nidus, you can do 1000 spy missions and not get Ivara. You could crack the same relic 100 times and never get the rare, even if they were all radiant. 

Yet, on the other hand, because it's all RNG, you could also get every rare relic-reward in a day and make a killing in platinum, then just buy the stuff you need from other players.

It blows and is one of the main reasons players quit the game and get burnt-out on it. I myself still don't have Khora after I don't even know how many zones of Sanctuary Onslaught and in my head it's the battle of... do I bite the bullet and buy her for plat, or do I maybe just do one more round and hope I get lucky? 

-----

2 - Host issues:

Solved by person above me: ""On the issue of connection, you can go into options -> gameplay -> matchmaking ping limit and set it to 100, there will still be the occasional times where you get matched with a laggy host, but for the vast majority of the time, you should be fine either by being connected with a good host or being the host yourself (assuming your own net is strong)""

-----

3 - Resources: 

Yes, they are also bad. After 700+ hours of play I have unuseable millions of Alloy Plate and Nano Spores and 100Ks of Polymer Bundle, Ferrite and others, yet at the same time I am completely out of Orokin Cells, Morphics and other rarer materials. I did have over 200 orokin cells, but as a lot of the Prime Weapons require 8-15 each, they disappear quickly and they aren't exactly the quickest farm.

This issue is exacerbated by the new PoE and Orb Vallis materials/blueprints:

- You'll need (as an example) 100 Auroxium Alloy for Tatsu, which itself requires Oxium, which itself is a rarer resource that takes a lot of time to farm. Not to mention you need to farm standing to get the blueprint(s) in the first place.

-----

4 - Dojo:

As was also said above, doing the Dojo research solo will kill a lot of enjoyment. I would highly recommend joining a pre-established Dojo. You aren't missing out on anything except "pride of accomplishment" by skipping the research, oh and you're also missing out on weeks worth of waiting and farming for the research.

-----

5 - Build times:

Yes, they made sense back when Warframe was in its infancy as it throttled player progression and made it harder to "complete" the game in a couple of weeks. Now however there are 40 Warframes (or close enough), hundreds of weapons, cosmetics, orbiter segments, modular items, etc and although it might make sense to throttle the player progression of Veterans who have 90% of everything, to keep them playing the game, it completely ruins the new player experience and does more harm than good. 

P.S: You'll love basic Equinox which has 6 parts with 12 hours crafting time, then 2 parts with 72 hours crafting time, then the final part with 72 hours crafting time, for a total of 288 hours / 12 days, if you do one part per day. 

-----

6 - Lore:

DE are adding in more quests. When I started playing Warframe, you didn't have a single quest. It's only in the last couple of years that all these quests have come out. 

-----

7 - Enemy levels:

You are fighting against level 40 enemies on the Star Chart, yet you have completed a Sortie? Enemy levels are a joke and so is scaling; it's a major gripe of the community. Infested enemies are easy no matter what level they are and only become annoying around level 80 and only if they are in huge numbers with Eximus'. The Corpus are extremely squishy but have high DPS and huge shields at later levels, although for some reason the Corpus you find on Orb Vallis are tankier and do more damage than the regulars. I find the Vallis-Corpus at level 40-50 as bad as regular Corpus at levels 80+. The Grineer are the tankier, armoured enemies that do less damage to you. They become "hard" to kill after level 80+.

It all depends on your loadout. You get a good gun with good mods and you can kill any enemy at nearly any level. Some people on the forums have shown themselves killing enemies with levels wayyyy into the hundreds with ease. 

The only way to know how you compare to enemies is to see how easy you kill them versus how easily you die to them. 

If you're one-shotting level 30's and never going down, then you are way above them; likewise, if you're barely making a scratch and you're emptying 4 clips and it's still not dead, then you need better guns/mods, etc.

Edited by Els236

Thanks for the well constructed input @Els236, very well written and objective based. I pretty much have figured a lot of that out, but I shouldn't have to ask everyone and use google to do so.

I seen the basic equinox, and thought (with like 2 prime parts at the time), "why would I even attempt to build that...i'll just build prime". It would have made more sens to the prime construction being equally as many parts. She can put aircraft to sleep...

It does not seem they have a solid formula for material cost neither, Braton prime took 10 orokin, valkyr prime took 3...."huh?". The only reason a gun costs more than the warframe in Orokin, is because a weapon can help you get through content faster.

It would make far more sense if your MR didn't level until you had max everything, instead of having to max things to level your MR.
What's more rewarding then killing things in your weight class? Getting progressive credit for doing so.
What really sucks the fun out of stuff? When you have to leave the ungodly shredder of a primary behind...that you put a lot of work into, just to level a crap gorgon so you can have more MR, so you can use better weapons and mods.

Anytime I do something high level, it's because I have to in order to progress my character,

My first build was Gara, to be honest, with her abilities I could get to end game with just Gara. It struck me as odd to see a bunch of streamers using her for the first time just last year. She was so easy to collect materials for and her ability combos are completely OP.

Enemy levels are not a huge concern, I'm just a bit stupefied it doesn't give  an "easy indicator" as to what level is approachable for them. The mod based game design has nothing to do with limitation to that concept. It would be simple maths based off enemy stats (that gives you their relative "difficulty indication number", if you will) then basic maths that apply to the player stats, resulting an a comparable indication #. The math wouldn't take a degree to balance, just a bit of time. Hardly do indicators like this every appear 100% accurately anyways, it just has to be in the ballpark while the player learns, and grows their abilities/game knowledge.

This could even be color coded for the real stupid ones (stupid audiences pay more), and the player would never have to deal with the numbers. A creature too difficult for you to kill would be marked with a ☠️ where their level should be. It's nice that we can see the level, but there is no need for me to see something is level 120 if I can't kill it, the 💀would tell me to avoid it. If their are a bunch of red or orange levels around me, it would be difficult but I can probably kill them, the levels could be red just because they would tear through my armor almost before I do, or would take half a clip per enemy...maybe I have the wrong damage type? You would figure this out yourself just by observing those indicators when you level different weapons.

At some point the player would ask their selves, "why are those enemies green now, it's a level 2 shotgun, earlier I had a level 30 rifle with full mods". Come to find out, the damage on the shotgun was primarily slash damage, and the rifle was impact. Just an example, I don't even know if yo could consider that a good one. Either way, the player would look at the differences in their weapons, and without having to discuss it, automatically realize that different damage types are more, or less, effective depending on the enemy. Leading to open experimentation, learning things on your own is a reward as well and should be treated with higher regard than earning loot.

NOW....where this system would really help, is enemies like The Wolf. He's level 50?....but I have yet to see someone NOT struggle to take him down (or at least take some time)....makes no sense at all. See, he could be level ☠️ instead, it would make more sense. It's a boss....not a level 50, him and his lackeys are pretty freaking mean.

I realize that doing something unoriginal is a rather unappealing, even distasteful, idea, but in one form or another these types of "stupid proof" indicators are completely necessary to have more natural progression. They could just put their one style on it like everything else.

To list some positives I have experienced;

Very stunning landscapes.

• They where worked on for a long time it would seem, and I look forward to seeing more open world exploration zones like PoE and Orb Valis.
  • Their not massive, but they are not small, just the right size with or without your archwings.

Dojo Creation

• On point, very in depth, and decorations are cheap.
  • The requirements are so-far reasonable.

I like the nightwave radio.

• The rewards are good, and nora night's broadcasts are interesting.
  • Content like that trickled out will be very good for maintaining interest.
  • If I had nothing to build, or wait to be built, I would be grinding on rep

no penalties for leaving.

• This game would be 100% unbearable if you where penalized when you hit "abort mission" when in a group, or DC. So I am thankful that's not a thing.

That's about it though as far as key things, aside from being attracted to the game play, watching corpus launch across the room from the force of my ability or weapons, being a space ninja, always (or usually anyways) having the option of stealthiness the entire mission. Clinging to walls, and the cool indication sound that goes off, gliding is awesome, bullet jump, while repetitive as a mode of transportation, is neat. The transference ability and everything that it encompasses.That's where it's at for me, I can extract a certain amount of satisfaction by increasing the range on my Orthos Prime and watching enemies get turned to confetti in large numbers before even hitting the ground from several feet away. The games versatility is it's sell point....the fact that all players recommend "just go to YouTube and grab a build you like" means the game is burdened by being overly complicated to build effective mod collections.

I  could be one that tells you good builds on YouTube, it doesn't take experience or effort, it takes game sense, knowledge, and being progressed enough to have experimented. The problem is...no one is experimenting, no new players are coming in, nobody wants to get other mods to experiment with because their damage is sufficient (whatever the level may be) and also because they spent so much time just trying to rank up the mods they have now. (Primed mods cost ridiculous amounts to level....ridiculous...

Just note this, everything I say is from a "new player's" perspective...not just my own. It's what is observable as being a factual issue with the game. It could be experienced when playing, or it could be an issue observed from the perspective of a player newer to online games than myself. If you had to explain anything to me, it means the game did not, it doesn't mean I didn't get it, or am frustrated with that subject. It means the game did a poor job at introducing the concept, if it did one at all.

I have gone on long enough with this topic though, this is not a discussion thread with me, it's just post that I hope DE comes across to evaluate some of the topics mentioned. I want people to post their opinions, and what people think could be a problem for new players. Their are enormous ways that DE could solve some of their issues, instead they leave it up to their players to fill in the gaps, and you guys are not even getting paid. Without the community here, their would be no new player base.

Edited by Dr.Cosmar

Il y a 19 heures, Dr.Cosmar a dit :

If you had to explain anything to me, it means the game did not, it doesn't mean I didn't get it, or am frustrated with that subject. It means the game did a poor job at introducing the concept, if it did one at all.

@Dr.Cosmar

AngryJoe on YouTube said something in his Destiny (the original) review that really spoke to me and made me immediately think of Warframe:

It was very close to: "If I have to check external content to understand a mechanic of your game because the game doesn't explain it itself, then that part of your game design is a failure".

To me, that is unfortunately Warframe all over. Absolutely nothing is explained in-game. Every single day I play Warframe I have the Wiki open in my browser or on my phone, so that I can quickly check things, like fish spawn locations (this is in-game, albeit in a very clumsy way), what drops where, where do I get X Warframe parts, how do I fight this boss I only fought 2 years ago, when does Baro arrive, etc.

Heck, even yesterday I attempted my MR24 test and all Lotus said was "your operator is fragile, can you survive?" and I killed all the enemies, waited for the timer to go down and then failed the mission. I thought it was a bug until I checked YouTube and found out I had to destroy the orb in the centre of the map as the main objective, while also killing/avoiding the enemies. 

Sometimes it gets really frustrating. 

I just found out another glaring flaw.

I stumbled across people frequently using a rather abusive flamethrower....it sucks fun out of me even trying to shoot enemies.
It's called the "Ignis Wraith".

Cool....guess I might get it. I always approach things without spending plat first, to see if it's possible. Unfortunately, it is not, the research was awarded to the "top 10% of clans" during a specific event...in 2017.

Essentially I also found out a lot about this weapon, and why it's so good/always on the market. It's because dojos can replicate the blueprint (mind you...only 10%) and essentially have an endless plat factory from players that want the weapon for themselves.

....shoot yourself in the foot much DE?

A smarter adaptation to this, just make the gun available for all after the event is over, but more resource consuming to research or more costly to replicate a blueprint, and still award the top 10 in a less advantageous way. Either way...I've got the 8 plat to have what seems to be a BiS weapon. I didn't buy the plat...because it was so dam cheap...the top 10% of guilds will never buy plat again thanks to DE, but they will always consume in-game resources and be a constant on the server pop. Never had a complaint on how fair a game was, but it seems if you haven't paid, or played for years...this gives you the feeling that too much unobtainable through regular game play, and the best of stuff has already happened. *smh.

This game obviously pays for loyalty as would any, the best I get in GW or GW2 is a birthday present. Maybe a super rare pet or costume. WoW, only had ONE event I feel that way about, AQ opening. People who rung the gong at the temple of Ahn'Qiraj within that specific time frame where able to obtain what is currently the only legendary mount in game. It was a purple war beetle, and looks very unique even to this day. That was fine, ok so I missed that, was like 12 at the time and didn't play games to well anyways.

Every-time I turn around in Warframe, something is unobtainable...but what's worse, someone else has a limitless supply out there. Feels super unfair.

Edited by Dr.Cosmar
Conveyance, grammar.