Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sawgaw hitboxes way off?

Daem0z

I've been trying to hunt sawgaws for a while now and my shots always seem to go straight through
I noticed if i fire shots off to the side, i can sometimes hit it

I also noticed that when the sawgaw takes off, he'll slide off to the side a little bit which makes me think their hitbox is slightly off

I don't have a screen recorder but i did take a screenshot of one of the places i aimed that went through

1c0cfde3cc40564c685c11b38f301f5d.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ApocryphalProphet said:

I've been having a similar problem. I've even tried landing right next to them and tranquing them point-blank, it just goes through them. I've managed to bag two total, but it must have been when the hitbox was lined up for my shot. It's very frustrating!

exactly the same as me, i didnt get a screenshot but i was above the bloody thing once which means there wouldn't have been much drop but i was real close and it still went straight through 😞

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daem0z said:

exactly the same as me, i didnt get a screenshot but i was above the bloody thing once which means there wouldn't have been much drop but i was real close and it still went straight through 😞

A Reddit user got a recording of some point blank misses:

Some tips if you want to go to the trouble of catching them: line up a shot with the skybox or distant terrain in the background. Use the rangefinder, when it drops you are aiming at their hitbox. Their feet seem to also have a correct hitbox.

3 hours ago, ApocryphalProphet said:

A Reddit user got a recording of some point blank misses: *perfect video of problem*

That right there is exactly what's been happening to myself and a couple friends of mine when we did a bunch of conservation stuff on the Orb Vallis very recently. Now, I get that the Orokin were practically wizards when it came to genetic engineering, but how the heck does that translate to a mutant owl being able to slide-shift three to seven feet from side to side?! What, did they make the birds psychic too?!

Honestly, hunting Sawgaws was already challenging as it was, given how they stick to the giant mushrooms whenever you manage to lure one out. But this bug makes them almost impossible! One of them, we only managed to catch by going into Archwing mode and chasing after the thing. I'm here to play Warframe, not bloody Ace Combat!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ApocryphalProphet said:

A Reddit user got a recording of some point blank misses: *viddo*

oh my god this is exactly the thing i'm talking about thank you for sharing this 😄

also thank you for the rangefinder tip, i didnt realise it'd be affected by creatures

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All of this. I "conserve" as Loki, and I have spent way to much time drilling tranquilizers into these things and wondering why they were not going to sleep?!?! I've unloaded entire clips into them from above, from the level, from point blank. I've even tried shooting them while flying (which is nearly impossible, because they glitch out and zip all over the place right before they land and just as they're taking off...)

I'm going to try the rangefinder tip. Luckily I have they badges, but I'm going for this last floof and it's a real pita.

не могу вызывать основное оружие арчвинг. На обычных миссиях. на входящие сообщения иконки оповещения Запуск Оружия Арчвинга  не появляется не в инвентаре не во входящих сообщениях   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shameless push

Started to hunt them today cuz, ya know, their floofs are so god damn adorable... Little did I know what I've gotten myself into: Either their tracking spots were bugged (not even there, can't interact with or can interact but gives no trail to follow) or their hitboxes are just... weird.

Edit: It seems to work if you tranquilize them the moment they start to lift off again. Or just go nuts on the trigger and pray.

Edited by Deus-Ex-Vesania

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-25 at 3:40 PM, [DE]Tweep said:

Thanks for the report Tenno! We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into fixes.

Don't tell me ya'll forgot about this please, "hunting" these things sucks.

I'd also like to mention that you can't press space to go up in ground-archwings when you have the rifle equipped. pressing space just makes you move up about 1 inch then you stop.

Edited by GentlePuppet