Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Farming

AzzyMyth

Question

What's the fastest way to get focus with someone only at MR7, broke on credits, has 2 days to play a week, not a single max mod or prime, and no stealth frames?

Edited by ExodusHorizon

16 answers to this question

Theres only 1 way to gain focus without a lens and that is Eidolons. Check an Eidolon guide on youtube or the forums. You gain focus from Eidolons by taking the Eidolon Shards and trading them into focus in your operator's focus tab.

Edited by Mokotowskie

11 minutes ago, Mokotowskie said:

Theres only 1 way to gain focus without a lens and that is Eidolons. Check an Eidolon guide on youtube or the forums. You gain focus from Eidolons by taking the Eidolon Shards and trading them into focus in your operator's focus tab.

I thought lenses where something different, one question: Can you remove a lense after you put it on something?

3 minutes ago, ExodusHorizon said:

Can I install more than one on a weapon then?

You can only have 1 lens at a time per weapon/warframe. You can equip multiple weapons with lenses on them as well as your warframe for missions. You can replace a lens from a different focus tree with another but that previous lens will cease to exist. 

Edited by Mokotowskie

While others suggested Eidolon captures, I suggest the alternative - Elite Sanctuary Onslaught for newbies.

Step by step.

i. Get some lenses. Lenses can be obtained from bounties You can check https://tenno.tools/ under Bounties to see current rotation.
If you have no time to do them, you can trade it from another player for 5p-10p each. 

ii. If you want, you can upgrade them. 4 normal lenses  to 1 Greater lens to 1 Eidolon lens. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_Lens for more details.

iii. If you have at least 2 lens in your inventory, you are ready to do some focus farm. I will assume you have at least a rhino and one melee weapon. Put a lens on both of them. Also it is advisable to properly mod your rhino for next step. Just slap strength mods (Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Blind Rage) and duration mods (Continuity, Augur Message) for this.

iv. Go to recruit chat, you should find some recruitment for H>ESO x/4, need buff/ev/dps.
Meaning - Hosting Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, we have x member out of 4, and need Buff (rhino), ev (trinity), dps (saryn/equinox/volt).
Pm that person and say you interested to join as buff.

v. If you get accepted, your job just press 3, to give the group damage buff. Also use your 2 to increase your survivability.
Note that only need to bring One weapon only - the weapon that you put lenses on.

Note - 
- If you maxed Naramon's Affinity Spike, it will increase affinity gain by melee weapon by 40%.
- Santuary Onslaught is a game mode, where you need to keep killing to stay longer in it. The dps will do the job for that.
- New zone starts every 2.5 minutes, with rewards at every 2 zones. 
- When entering new zones you will get Convergence buff, which increase your focus gain by 8x, for 45s.
- Rule of thumb, people will stay until rotation C. Which is Zone 8. If you accidentally entered new zone and every one ditches you, dont worry.
Try to survive, or if you get downed, stay. The efficiency will run out and the mission will end, while you still keeping your rewards.
- With Normal lens on Rhino, and Eidolon Lens on melee Weapon, you can hit daily cap in 2 ESO runs, with each runs of 8 zones.

In comparison - 
Total daily cap for MR7 - 280k; if you do 2 ESO runs will take 40minutes (50min give or take considering recruiting and loadings.)
One Hydrolyst capture 155k focus point. Normal group would be able to do 3 capture per night (50min) resulting in 465k focus point.

Edited by pascaLLL_

15 hours ago, ExodusHorizon said:

What's the fastest way to get focus with someone only at MR7, broke on credits, has 2 days to play a week, not a single max mod or prime, and no stealth frames?

If this is your player profile then why are you worried about focus farming.  You should be farming endo, credits and more frames with your 2 days per week of game time.  In other words concentrate on the things that will improve your game play the most (more frames, more weapons, better mods). 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

If this is your player profile then why are you worried about focus farming.  You should be farming endo, credits and more frames with your 2 days per week of game time.  In other words concentrate on the things that will improve your game play the most (more frames, more weapons, better mods). 

Sometimes you need more Focus to do that.... 

Speaking of which.... I was thinking of using those Flares to increase Trinity/Harrow's Affinity Range for Blessing/Covenant....

9 hours ago, pascaLLL_ said:

In comparison - 
Total daily cap for MR7 - 280k; if you do 2 ESO runs will take 40minutes (50min give or take considering recruiting and loadings.)

50 minutes to hit a 280k cap is pretty janky results wise.   Banshee on Adaro hits my 370 cap in 20 minutes (with a booster) and I do it solo without the need to find an ESO squad.

16 hours ago, SpartanXIII said:

He says craft, he means "farm". You can get lenses on a rotational basis from the Plains or Fortuna.

Technically you're both right.  Farm the base lense, craft to next tier lense, farm Eidolon lense, then craft the top tier.

If we're going efficiency, Eidolon lense or bust.

With all of that said, I think other upgrades will be more beneficial immediately (e.g. better frames, mods, and upgrading those mods).  Or in the case of Operator, get anything besides the Mote amp.

Edited by (NSW)Linntheque

6 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You don't.  Focus didn't exist in Warframe for years and we all managed to farm stuff just fine without it.

Well theres your Problem Right there... not everybody wants to farm...

I have to say there’s a lot of benefit from Madurai damage wise (elemental and physical) and Zenurik energy wise that in my opinion is worth starting to think about.  U don’t have to use ur whole play session working on it.  Maybe 10min here and there and ull start accumulating it.  

Well if u need a lens do bounties in Cetus (I find Medurai for damage and Zenuric for energy). Then go crazy in Sanctuary Onslaught. Go with a team not alone. U can run around with a melee or shoot enemies with a Soma or Atomos. Use Excalibur if u got him or any DPS frame. Just do ur best not to die and let the team help u earn affinity.   U can earn a few thousand affinity every round. Might seem hard at first but keep moving ull get better. Just try to survive 1-2 public rounds at first. (Don’t start with Elite tho). U can also get a fair amount of Endo this way over time which will help u. U can also get Khora parts. Then u can start leveling gear there when ur ready.  U can fully level a weapon in 20min when ur good. After 8 rounds people usually leave. Also if ur done don’t enter the gateway and ull be extracted. Good luck. 

Sorry for the long post but I remember feeling this way too.  Hieracon on Pluto one of the first rewards is 400  endo.  Use a public match if ur having trouble on anything. Also start grabbing the weekly ayatan statues I think there at Maroos bazaar and find a planet to farm stars and there’s 1500-3000 free endo a week. 

Edited by hendrix923