Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Discount

(PSN)I_ByPaSS_x

Question

So I have moved to PlayStation roughly a week ago after I used to play warframe on PC but quit sometime ago. I thought I'd move to PS as I prefer playing on a controller and hate warframes controller support on pc. 

Today I log in to find I have a 75% discount as a log in reward and think great I can get some plat to help myself started..... well now I find out you can not buy plat on ps4 with the discount! what on earth is the point in it then? and why can you do it on PC (no idea about xbox) and not ps4?

is this 75% discount useful for anything? 

Edited by (PS4)I_ByPaSS_x

25 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)I_ByPaSS_x said:

So I have moved to PlayStation roughly a week ago after I used to play warframe on PC but quit sometime ago. I thought I'd move to PS as I prefer playing on a controller and hate warframes controller support on pc. 

Today I log in to find I have a 75% discount as a log in reward and think great I can get some plat to help myself started..... well now I find out you can not buy plat on ps4 with the discount! what on earth is the point in it then? and why can you do it on PC (no idea about xbox) and not ps4?

is this 75% discount useful for anything? 

It’s used for a markert item Tennogen and bundles you can not use it on I believe.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Is this news how? Mostly your fault for not informing yourself, and there's reasons for it to be how it is. After all, legal arrangements and we can buy Tennogen with plat. 

This person was a pc player and not all pc players know consoles do not get plat coupons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

This person was a pc player and not all pc players know consoles do not get plat coupons.

So? I can read. Same as not all players know tennogen costs real money on pc, or that discounts are useable directly on plat. Still people's fault for assuming.

How does this mean OP is in the right by complaining and calling it a bad system. Apart from the low discount rates on seasonal plat it's pretty much balanced out.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Just now, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

So? I can read. Same as not all players know tennogen costs real money on pc, or that discounts are useable directly on plat.

How does this mean OP is in the right by complaining and calling it a bad system. Apart from the low discount rates on seasonal plat it's pretty much balanced out.

Because I complain if I want to, If I played on PC where you could use it and on PS they have the same discount I think most would guess you can and not be happy when you realise you cant. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

So? I can read. Same as not all players know tennogen costs real money on pc, or that discounts are useable directly on plat. Still people's fault for assuming.

I do say it is pretty balanced out you are correct on that. I didn’t say he was right for saying this is a bad system or the complaining.

Edited by Godzilla853

3 minutes ago, (PS4)I_ByPaSS_x said:

Because I complain if I want to, If I played on PC where you could use it and on PS they have the same discount I think most would guess you can and not be happy when you realise you cant. 

It's fine that you don't like it. Tastes are not up for discussion. But as I said previously there are reasons for it to work the way it works. You are used to the pc system so of course this is a bad surprise. But the system in itself is not bad at all for either platform, knowing each has different conditions.

I'd even say it'd be very unfair and economy breaking if we could do it like pc does, with Tennogen and all as it is.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

4 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

40% for the largest plat bundle, but I think 50% has been the highest I've seen since I've been playing (about 1 1/2 yrs)  

Item plat prices in TC on console are lower than PC prices typically, so the difference isnt that big.  It probably evens out in the end.

4300 for £130 on pc 

3125 for £110 on ps4

general price cheaper on pc as well, its cool now I know was just initially annoyed. Tis all 🙂

Just now, (PS4)I_ByPaSS_x said:

4300 for £130 on pc 

3125 for £110 on ps4

general price cheaper on pc as well, its cool now I know was just initially annoyed. Tis all 🙂

I meant items players sell for plat are usually cheaper on console, not plat in the Warframe store. Maybe it's just rivens though, not sure. 

Firstly i would say that hating the controls on warframe and then moving to ps4 seems counterintuitive as the controller is even less user friendly. 

A mouse with a significant amount of buttons and clever rebinding should eliminate that issue, but, you can infact use ps4 controller with pc warframe but theres a process and im unfamiliar with it. The tutorial exists though im almost certain. 

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

Firstly i would say that hating the controls on warframe and then moving to ps4 seems counterintuitive as the controller is even less user friendly. 

A mouse with a significant amount of buttons and clever rebinding should eliminate that issue, but, you can infact use ps4 controller with pc warframe but theres a process and im unfamiliar with it. The tutorial exists though im almost certain. 

yeah you can use it, but just so many things go wrong and I never really got into pc gaming so never used a keyboard and mouse. I can play some games on pc just not games as quick as warframe without a controller

Using the controller on the PC is a bit restrictive on sensitivity, I can never set it to what my Xbox is. I hit the max before I get even close the right feel. 

I play both just for fun, but prefer my Xbox. 

I tried using the mouse and keyboard, but my gorilla fingers just can't precisely hit those keys without hitting others, even tried a gaming pad and same story.