Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removal of Thumpers during bounties

Been running a lot of T5 bounties today, and the thumpers are causing an absolute epidemic.

2, if not all 3 of the guys in my PUG will spend 15 mins killing the thumper, ignoring the mission. 

I can complete it by myself, but for those that can't...they're stuck waiting or worse yet, getting involved in the thumper fight.  

I can only hope that every time I leave squad as the host, they lose everything.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

I can only hope that every time I leave squad as the host, they lose everything.

Do you even realise that you are much worse than them? People just having fun fighting Thumper.....and you cause Host migration on purpose. Damn, dude, you r such a tenno skoom.

Nothing prevents you from doing bounty while they kill the Thumper.   Just ask them to mark the loot.   You get both Bounty reward and Thumper loot like that.

And no time wasted.

47 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Do you even realise that you are much worse than them? People just having fun fighting Thumper.....and you cause Host migration on purpose. Damn, dude, you r such a tenno skoom.

Nothing prevents you from doing bounty while they kill the Thumper.   Just ask them to mark the loot.   You get both Bounty reward and Thumper loot like that.

And no time wasted.

No, you and your attitude are the problem here.

Why am I in a bounty?  To run the bounty.  If you wan to hunt higher level Thumpers,  LFG, hunt thumpers.  

I seriously doubt that when DE introduced them that the intent was to derail the T5 bounty for 10 mins while you simultaneously attack the thumper and pick up the two sub MR10's that have no place being there in the first place, much less in the thumper fight.

My fun doesn't matter right?  Theirs is more important?  I'm doing what all four of us signed up to do.  So why should my experience be marginalized?  

3 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

My fun doesn't matter right?  Theirs is more important?

Well, you can always communicate with your team. Ask em politely to stop foolin around.  Yes, that works 90% of the time.  

Im almost certain they do not even realise that you are troubled....     Coz Thumpers are so cute and destructively distracting....

Feel free to leave after you asked em....not before.   

3 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

If you wan to hunt higher level Thumpers,  LFG, hunt thumpers.

Same goes for bounties. If you want pure bounty farm, there are bounty farming parties too...and you can form a "no thumper party".  So...that argument about recruiting is not very valid.

Public mode is like...chill mode.  People go pub to have fun and get some stuff....not to farm bounties nonstop like crazy 

I'm one of your 3 squad members. I love the Thumpers. It's mixing up the boring mission grind.

16 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

No offence my good sir, but that makes you look like quite the a**hole. You might wanna rethink that.

Complaining about a introduced awesome passive game mode. 😞

Thumpers are awesome they drop a LOT of resources you would take a long time to farm.

The Thumpers are set by the level of the Bounty's, I do the higher ones by myself to get a high enough thumper level so it drops a LOT of resources and rare mods, for those that don't have the Korrudo weapon yet (I do) they only drop from the 'Bull' and 'Doma' Thumpers so I'll go off and do the thumpers unless it's a timed section of the Bounty so players who can't kill it or have a lot of trouble doing so get some nice rewards.

Like previously mentioned Bounty only squad or get some friends and play with them in an invite only squad.

Do Bounty's at night Thumpers don't come out at night.

I really like the Thumpers they throw that randomness into the mix.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, supernils said:

No offence my good sir, but that makes you look like quite the a**hole. You might wanna rethink that.

So, what were you hoping to accomplish here?  No really, I'd like to know.  Did you think I would go "Oh golly gee willikers, I've seen the error of my ways?" and change my entire life philosophy from one post on a gaming message board from some random internet poster?

I'll rethink nothing for multiple reasons, the largest being that I could care less how people take me.  I'm not a nice person, and I'm ok with that, I don't care if you are or not.  Doesn't' stop me from being right.

17 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Like previously mentioned Bounty only squad or get some friends and play with them in an invite only squad.

Do Bounty's at night Thumpers don't come out at night.

Make sure I have this straight...I now need to LFG for a PUG instance that's been around for over a year because new content now steers players away from the mission objective?   Or maybe the new content shouldn't change the mission's life cycle?

As to running them at night...so now I need to timegate the mission that I had no issue running previously for over a year?

I like the concept of the thumpers, though it's somewhat sad that they exist- it's DE pretty much stating "PoE was too grindy" (and you can pry my blueprints from my cold dead hands).  But not at the expense of being able to run through PoE when I'm trying to PUG because I want the affinity for leveling.  You know, the way it's worked for over a year.  

The other thing I don't like about it is that now I feel like I have to spec for it.  If I don't wander over there and save the PUGs from themselves, then it takes longer to get through the instance or I'm finishing the bounty solo - the Thumpers tend to show up at stage 2 or 3...and I'm finishing solo, that's how long the PS4 PUGs I'm in are taking to kill the thumper.  And why do I have to do all the things?  I'm a MR27 with all the things, sure, but at the end of the day, I shouldn't feel like I have to carry.  It gets gets annoying sometimes..."No, no...you guys shouldn't go to level 15 in Hydron without me, you're all gonna die...a lot..." and with 3 secs left on the voting screen I vote to go forward just to help those three players get through the instance then spend 5 waves picking them up.  

I'm not nice, but I can be generous, I'm just not that way all the time.  Especially when it comes to the time sink that is the Plains

One more time for the cheap seats; Thumpers are adding a change to the bounty missions that I don't think were intended.  There needs to be a way to avoid seeing the Thumpers spawn, or at least make their spawn a conscious decision.

I made some suggestions that you could try in the meantime, I'm also MR27 and don't mind helping players at times, I can see your point it's unfortunate the thumpers impede on your Bounty runs.

Edit: The way you posted you need to chill out before posting because you came across as bitter and salty.

Edited by Slayer-.

On 2019-05-21 at 3:18 PM, Slayer-. said:

I made some suggestions that you could try in the meantime, I'm also MR27 and don't mind helping players at times, I can see your point it's unfortunate the thumpers impede on your Bounty runs.

Edit: The way you posted you need to chill out before posting because you came across as bitter and salty.

Salty, sure.  I'm griping on a message board.  Bitter?  No.  I'm just mean in general. 

consider yourself lucky.... people in my bounties go fishing....

even in orb vallis and when that excavation mission comes up.... good luck defending additional excavators for the people that are fishing.
so many failed bounties because of this

here is a fix for those problems
2 minute timer for being out of the objective area once activated (when 1 player enters the area it activates)

i can agree that if people want to do things other than the objective they signed up for, they must go to a solo game or find a group to do them with.
at the very least ask the party or something (then everyone is happy to help or not).... you shouldn't be required to ask your party politely to actually do the objective they signed up for.

another thing that i have recently experienced, people going afk on missions.
people don't want to play, but they want the rewards.

here is something that could actually be implemented as a feature

some kind of group finder menu
choose what you want a group for and it gives you groups you can join.

these problems haven't gotten out of hand with me yet, but if it goes unchecked for too long it will be a serious problem.