Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild Speculation - Planes of Duviri

FlyerXL

These are my thoughts on the new faction, which is coming up soon, probably.

This new faction may be an offshoot of the Grineer but unlike the Grineer, consider themselves to be the heirs or even a continuation of the Orokin. In a real world historical example, when the Roman Empire collapsed, it split into two distinct cultures, both of which considered themselves to be a continuation of the empire and the Church - The Holy Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire. Neither were as grand or as technologically advanced. This Duviri faction could be exactly that, a splinter of the once grand Orokin Empire.

In the one measly piece of concept art, a Ballus wannabe on a throne is being attended by a servant. The throne looks like it's made of some sort of corrupted Orokin biotech. It looks less organic and instead desiccated and crumbly. The tech and armour looks suspiciously Grineer-like. So these Grineer didn't rebel, they probably got cut off when the Orokin fell and just carried on as if the Empire still existed and the officers styled themselves after their dead Orokin masters. They might be smarter and more sophisticated than the Grineer and the tech may be based on Orokin tech but nowhere near as good.

Anyway, that's what I think they may be.

warframe-duviri.jpg

Edited by FlyerXL
  • Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb FlyerXL:

This new faction may be an offshoot of the Grineer but unlike the Grineer, consider themselves to be the heirs or even a continuation of the Orokin.

Considering the established lore, this makes absolutly no sense.

il y a 11 minutes, Walkampf a dit :

Considering the established lore, this makes absolutly no sense.

It actually make sense. We know after the Orokin fall, Grineers and Corpus were still here, so having a part of Grineers considering they are the "new Orokins" could actually work.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I just think it's a group of fallen orokin. See the throne and the servant. See the long arm like Ballas's. The blue-ish grey skin. And remember how the orokin are supposed to be extinct but we have a Ballas and 2 queens already.

That could be a possibility as well. But the armour and cybernetics look very Grineer. That's why I think they may be a less f'd up branch.

8 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The grineer were slaves. If youw ant to throw in a real historical parallel, for the grineer to adapt Orokin, it whould be more like jewish people adapting SS Uniforms.

Not really. The Grineer are soldiers pressed into service, or in their case, born into service.

3 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

The concept artwork is very intriguing. The new faction is like a new group of entities rising from the ashes of a once great galactic civilization. 

Exactly. Whatever their origin, they clearly aspire to emulate the Orokin.

3 minutes ago, FlyerXL said:

That could be a possibility as well. But the armour and cybernetics look very Grineer. That's why I think they may be a less f'd up branch.

Yes indeed. Despite everything else screaming orokin the clothes do look more to the grineer side. Which is why it intrigues me.

2 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

The concept artwork is very intriguing. The new faction is like a new group of entities rising from the ashes of a once great galactic civilization. 

I wish. Since currently we are yet to see true alien species. I mean, pretty much every life form we see is fromthe Origin system. Orokin, their grineer slaves, the corpus aristocrats, the tenno, the infestation the sentient, etc. A completely new faction that has nothing to do with our current history would be very nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Yes indeed. Despite everything else screaming orokin the clothes do look more to the grineer side. Which is why it intrigues me.

I wish. Since currently we are yet to see true alien species. I mean, pretty much every life form we see is fromthe Origin system. Orokin, their grineer slaves, the corpus aristocrats, the tenno, the infestation the sentient, etc. A completely new faction that has nothing to do with our current history would be very nice.

I don't think a truly alien faction will appear unless there is an expansion that opens up the Tau system. Which would be awesome!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyerXL said:

I don't think a truly alien faction will appear unless there is an expansion that opens up the Tau system. Which would be awesome!

For Tau I actually expect hordes and hordes of Sentients, after fully taking over and completely infesting that system. That huuuuge eidolon corpse you can see on PoE's horizon to the left? Yeah, imagine what the sentient might have nowadays. Even if it's just a feeble dream tbh, the part about huge and hecking strong bosses.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

Look more like pretenders than successors

Possibly. There's a fine line. It only took a couple of generations for all the artistic and architectural knowledge to be lost when the Roman Empire started to crumble. At what point do successors simply become imitators?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

For Tau I actually expect hordes and hordes of Sentients, after fully taking over and completely infesting that system. That huuuuge eidolon corpse you can see on PoE's horizon to the left? Yeah, imagine what the sentient might have nowadays. Even if it's just a feeble dream tbh, the part about huge and hecking strong bosses.

We don't know what the Sentients encountered in the Tau system. For all we know, another (alien) civilization is currently fighting for control of their star system.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

The Sentients are essentially Von Neumann probes. They were sent to self-replicate and set up another star system for Orokin habitation. The Orokin stupidly relied on the Void flaw as a safety. We know how well that worked out. Anyway, maybe the Sentients aren't fighting with an alien civilization, maybe they made peace and decided the Tau system and this other civilization needed protection from the Orokin.

8 minutes ago, FlyerXL said:

The Sentients are essentially Von Neumann probes. They were sent to self-replicate and set up another star system for Orokin habitation. The Orokin stupidly relied on the Void flaw as a safety. We know how well that worked out. Anyway, maybe the Sentients aren't fighting with an alien civilization, maybe they made peace and decided the Tau system and this other civilization needed protection from the Orokin.

A united and peaceful Tau? And they defending it against Origin invaders, no matter if they have good or bad intentions? Man that'd be unexpectedly awesome tbh.

I mean, I understand why the sentient are mad at us, since we fought against them in the past. Kind of a grudge, which means they could indeed still have a good development over there even if they did find new species. And I wouldn't like the enemy tenno, the greedy corpus, he infested or the grineer to have any chance of bringing all the destruction and bad conditions of the origin system into my well maintained Tau. Interesting thought.3