Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the Machete should be in Simari's offerings at some point

Blu3

Dear reader,

you might be wondering "Why should the machete be in Simaris' offerings? It's not a quest Item." (Cephalon Simaris now sells Blueprints given during quests in his Offerings) and I would agree with you but hear me out.

The Machete has had a lot of changes regarding the drop location. It was once buyable from the market until round about U10.3 (A few Market weapons are being retired: Gorgon, Dual Ether Daggers, Boar, and Machete.). It was then given out around U14 (we have a free Machete Blueprint for you). The next chance to lay your hands upon this "beast" of a weapon was when the Tactical Alert "One Thousand Cuts" (Stage 3 - Machete Blueprint) rolled around. Then it was available in the market from May 25th until June 1st in 2017 (LIMITED TIME MACHETE). Since then the Machete is only available as a blueprint from the daily tribute introduced in U18 (Login Reward System Update).

"So it is still available? Why do you complain?" you might ask. And you are almost right. However, the problem lies in the details. The daily Tribute works as follows.
A player may be rewarded a random weapon blueprint that they have not yet fully mastered (I can confirm that as well as I have 1200+ login days never once received any weapon I already mastered).

So if you got the machete on any occasion, level it and then decide to sell it, it's gone. I also tried to reach out to DE and asked if this was subject to change or if they can add it to my account again. But I got rejected. I don't tell this to bash on the Support (Great guys. I had a positive experience on any interaction).

So the end of this story is to ask if the Machete will be added to the Simaris offerings.

Kind regards,

Blu3

• Like 3

Why not just add it back to the market? I have no idea why they haven’t done that already. But sure, give it to Simaris instead. That would at least allow people to get it.

• The other option would be an enemy drop, like Boar.
Edited by krc473