Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, why did you fix OOB in orbiter

pauketsjr

Question

DE, why did you fix going out of bounds in orbiter? why is it not in the patch notes? and why would you guys take that creative tool away from people?

8b33866cde6e7188c448495c69d8bad0.png

I have looked for anything resembling anyone talking about it in the forums, and I cannot find a single person reporting it, or talking about it in any negative or positive way. could someone please clarify why this had to be fixed.

9 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, pauketsjr said:

could someone please clarify why this had to be fixed.

It was a bug? DE fixed the bug. 

It is is possible that they did it accidentally. It’s also possible it will be accidentally returned later.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It was a bug? DE fixed the bug. 

It is is possible that they did it accidentally. It’s also possible it will be accidentally returned later.

They deliberately put a teleporting barrier just outside of the orbiter's skin, it does not seem to be accidental. 

And even if it is a bug, its been around for a while for one, and its also a creation tool that a lot of people use to do interesting things.

Maybe they just don’t want people doing it anymore?

It has not been around too long to get patched out. Look at the recent loot manipulation changes, or Chroma’s nerf. Both things that were around, and fine, for years. DE decided they are not fine and removes them.

Edited by krc473

19 hours ago, krc473 said:

Maybe they just don’t want people doing it anymore?

It has not been around too long to get patched out. Look at the recent loot manipulation changes, or Chroma’s nerf. Both things that were around, and fine, for years. DE decided they are not fine and removes them.

Chroma and the loot changes made sense because they were breaking the balance in the game. Placing decorations outside of the orbiter has no effect on player progression or rewards or any form of balance. It’s just for cosmetic purposes. There’s no reason for it to be fixed especially when members of the team have said they intentionally leave certain bugs in the game if they’re harmless

I am assuming this is due to the rail jack additions expected. 

They don't want us creative decorators getting a sneak peak at the tube joing the orbiter to the rail jack before they launch it.

It may come back once the orbiter upgrades are done. 

I think I have already said too much. I am expecting to be shot out of my own orbiter shortly. 

7 minutes ago, LameoveR said:

What this OOB exactly? Never seen it...

Ever been to an orbiter where there are noggles and decorations outside the ship? That's "out of bound " basically any location that cannot be reached by conventional means. 

Also used a lot in the dojo decorations (check the observatories of some of the featured Dojos)