Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making combat fun and difficult

(PSN)ggh667124

I’ve been playing Warframe for a few years , I stop and pop by every now and then and I still don’t feel the difficulty, recently an idea popped up in my head to make some kind of level of difficulty towards the game . Maybe it can be added when the programming for difficulty also changes , I’m thinking of maybe making it so that there are mini bosses in time stamps , sort of like commanders. They would sort of act like the wolf in reference to aggression and their levels would be higher then the current enemies for example if in a mission enemies are level 20 the commander would be like 45 . But not only will they be a challenge they would also effect the AI around them . Making them more organized and in battle formation, and giving buffs like status or faster speeds or maybe even regenerative health . For example the grineer shield enemies would provide front defense and will block Tenno fire , the snipers would be in the back of the formation and Be more aggressive . And upon defeating the commanders they should 100% drop rare resource and the higher the wave level the more it will be in quantity , and they should drop things like maybe a signature weapon part or higher chance to drop rare mods . And to make for accountability of squads there should be a commander with their own unit for each player in a squad, and each faction would have their own commanders and different specialty and weapon drops . For variation I think there should be 4 or 6 commander types for each faction and that can bring some content like special weapons for them . Also in different stages of their health they should make their army more aggressive like a war cry type of tone ,  and they  should spawn each 5 minutes and don’t spawn if there is a certain amount already . Really they would make the AI’s more tactical , aggressive, and the fight rewarding . And make them do crazy things like leaping on to the warframe  and beating them , and also they shouldn’t attack closest target more so they should act like the stalker they have specific targets and will only switch off if other members inflict certain amount of damage or do some Agro. The commanders has to attack too, Iike when I came back and fought the wolf to level 100 he terrified me , this would make the enemies like a hit team. Making for interesting gameplays where in a squad of 4 one person is left to clutch the mission and then you get a good reward. This would make long endurance runs more skillful and will require teamwork like in raids where you can’t just do whatever . Also they should have like an Intense soundtrack when their around and after the commanders are killed heir unit goes on a rampage where their speed and damage are boosted for a few seconds. In addition there should be variety in the formation and units buffs this could easily be done with RnG, but make it so that I cant just shoot them all with a Tigris and done , have block offs have them dodge have them take cover , have the heavy units Be protected by shield units and disruptors so ability can’t be spammed , and use eximuses to do crazy things like when you get too close boom heat wave sends you flying and the commander have like a hook and just pulls you back and punch you to 15 health lol. Now your team have to rescue you.

In my overall opinion this would make me comeback for more ,as long as the rewards get better and DE fix enemy level scaling this should work pretty well and make the game feel less of an effortless grind that doesn’t stimulate . Like I used to think doing tridolon was hard but now it’s effortless with my trusty squad . For people who say enemies with level is difficulty it’s not , their just really beefy with no purpose but to take up my time just for RnG to kick my feelings away . Like only thing close to a challenge is doing conclave which is boring sometimes when people can just magically one shot me with a staticor and spam it .

First off, this wall of text would be much easier to read if you split it up into relevant sections. I appreciate the effort it took to write this but seriously a little formatting goes a long way.

Secondly, you should remove the Megathread tag. That’s for staff usage only.

Thirdly, the main issue with having smarter enemies is that our abilities nullify any formations or tactics they could use. We can easily wipe out squads without even being in the same room thanks to frames like Saryn and Volt. And even during direct combat, we have tons of frames that can prevent them from being able to even move. Good luck trying to flank or dodge when you’re frozen in a Limbo rift, or floating in Vauban’s Bastille, or even blinded by Excalibur’s Radial Blind. And that’s ignoring Mesa, who can just walk in and delete everything in the room before they can get in formation. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see better enemy tactics but unless you make them immune to our abilities and give them crazy damage reduction, most will die before even being able to use said tactics. But then everyone will complain about their frames and riven’d weapons not working, like with what happened during the Wolf of Saturn Six.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)ggh667124 said:

Like I used to think doing tridolon was hard but now it’s effortless with my trusty squad.

Also this aspect will always be an issue. People will get used to it and learn the strategies that cheese it most effectively, as they did with Eidolons, Wolf, and the new Disruption mode. 

While I do like the idea of enemy AI showing battle tactics of some fashion rather than mindlessly charging in your general direction the cheese factor and power creep of weapons and frames would obliterate any chance of that happening.The only possible way for it to work that i can think of would be to have the enemies spawn it all together at a specific location already in formation or have enemy squads work together (think the grineer or corpus version of mirage) where there will always be a group of enemies in the same spot with a "leader" directing them. The only problem with this would be the speed at which we kill them.