Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Komorex, not bad but not like other snipers.

Bacl

So 3 formas later but no riven yet, i tried to play around with the Komorex and as much i love the weapon's look and the mechanics that thing got a few issues.

The primary firing mode is fast and rather nice to gather up combo hits, innate punch trough and very tight dispersion but you will burn your ammo at a much faster rate than what the innate ammo mutation can provide around mobs of level 50+. Before level 50 everything is peachy but past that, things become more difficult to maintain and past level 60/65 you will starve the weapon fairly quickly and that is considering you are landing every shot fired, if you miss its even worse.

Secondary firing mode: This is awesome, the feel and look of it is pure awesomeness, you get a 3 meters AoE that applies Viral to anything in range (plus other status procs), 100%  extra damage per bullet and all targets hit by the explosion do count into the combo counter if the primary shot did connect with a enemy. You will suffer from much slower firing rate, can be prone to self damage (self inflicted viral procs with a bleed is a particularly enjoyable experience) and with a permanent 3.5 time zoom it is getting tedious to hit anything moving fast toward to.

Compared to other snipers: The Komorex is getting stronger the longer you use it, if compared to other snipers in a Eidolon hunt for example the Komo quite literally stands no chances, hunting down the Terralyst turned out to be a very slow and frustrating experience between the low damage and the constant need to resupply ammo with consumables.  It has a descent damage spread but it relies too much on status to be effective and anything immune to status effect will weather this weapon with ease, its is sadly a terrible options for Eidolons and bosses immune to status.

Propositions to make the weapon more versatile:

-Double or even triple the ammo pool, specially with the primary fire mode you simply spam your clip to fast, its a shame because this is enjoyable to use.

-Primary firing mode is "armor piercing" in nature, reduce the status chances but increase critical chances instead. This mode would be to focus on heavily armored mobs like Bombards or gunners.

-Secondary firing mode is the "high explosive" area cleaning mode, i would keep it as is but i would allow combo counter to go up when mobs are hit by the explosion as well not just in case of a direct hit.

With these changes i hope to preserve the nature of the weapon by keeping both modes into their respective specializations, the Komorex would never be able to burst damage like other snipers can but with its primary mode it could keep up if we consider that it can build combo counter faster and with its (pretty much) glorious firing rate could keep up with other snipers in the DPM instead of the DPS.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Compared to other snipers: The Komorex is getting stronger the longer you use it, if compared to other snipers in a Eidolon hunt for example the Komo quite literally stands no chances, hunting down the Terralyst turned out to be a very slow and frustrating experience between the low damage and the constant need to resupply ammo with consumables.  It has a descent damage spread but it relies too much on status to be effective and anything immune to status effect will weather this weapon with ease, its is sadly a terrible options for Eidolons and bosses immune to status.

Pretty sure this sniper isn’t meant for Eidolon hunts, and imo that’s perfectly fine. I’m actually not sure why you thought a low damage status rifle would even compare to the other snipers in Eidolon killing.

Sure there are bosses and enemies immune to status, but that’s more of an issue with DE’s enemy design and balancing. Do we really want all weapons to just be crit or crit/status hybrids? Imo status should be made more viable rather then forcing crits onto every weapon.

10 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

Pretty sure this sniper isn’t meant for Eidolon hunts, and imo that’s perfectly fine. I’m actually not sure why you thought a low damage status rifle would even compare to the other snipers in Eidolon killing.

Sure there are bosses and enemies immune to status, but that’s more of an issue with DE’s enemy design and balancing. Do we really want all weapons to just be crit or crit/status hybrids? Imo status should be made more viable rather then forcing crits onto every weapon.

The Eidolon hunting is pretty much the niche to where snipers rifle are the most used and effective. Of course you could take Rubico in a regular mission but in tight corridors there are better options. Since it is a sniper rifle is was only natural to try it out vs Eidolons.

In the case of the 2 firing modes, currently there is not much point to use the primary firing method because it consumes too much ammo, do not cause enough damage per shell and of course is not poducing any viral proc on the target, its much better to spam the secondary firing mode. Thats why i proposed a slight change between the 2 methods to make both of them relevant.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is the point of having hundreds of weapons to make them all relatively unique? Wouldn’t making it more like the other sniper rifles just make it bland and generic?

Not making it more like the other sniper rifles, this one is a fast firing low damage per shell instead of a monstrous single hit. Currently there is not much point in shooting the first mode because of how potent the secondary with the explosion is and so i tried to make the the primary mode more relevant bu making more crit oriented while the secondary explosive shel would be the status powerhouse.

It's not an eidolon hunting weapon. And not every sniper has to be.

It has AoE attacks, status and ammo mutation. It's an anti-infantry rifle. You already have Lanka, Rubico, Vectis and Vulkar for eidolons. Stop asking for all weapons to be the same.

1)Ammo increase? No need. AoE mode kills enemies so fast, ammo mutation is enough.

2)AoE mode already shreds armored targets. Explosion can trigger additional bleed procs with Hunter Munitions and Viral. You REALLY want to bring this rifle to an eidolon fight, don't you? I do think that primary mode needs a buff though. But I'm not sure if it's something as simple as making it a copy of all other rifles lmao.

3)Couldn't care less about that one, but I guess it could be an improvement.

TL;DR I would rather have a reload speed increase than all of the things you're proposing combined. Another eidolon rifle? No, thank you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bacl said:

The komorex isnt meant for eidolon, same thing why the lanka for example isnt meant for hordes (if you're not using mag).

11 hours ago, Bacl said:

-Double or even triple the ammo pool, specially with the primary fire mode you simply spam your clip to fast, its a shame because this is enjoyable to use.

I think you just need better trigger discipline, While it fires really fast you shouldn't just go ham on the trigger, if you can keep ammo up with the rubico prime, then the komorex shouldnt be that big of a problem to maintain.

11 hours ago, Bacl said:

-Primary firing mode is "armor piercing" in nature, reduce the status chances but increase critical chances instead. This mode would be to focus on heavily armored mobs like Bombards or gunners.

The secondary fire mode already makes quick work of lvl 160 corrupted heavy gunners and bombards. The only enemy this weapon struggles with are those with status immunity.

11 hours ago, Bacl said:

-Secondary firing mode is the "high explosive" area cleaning mode, i would keep it as is but i would allow combo counter to go up when mobs are hit by the explosion as well not just in case of a direct hit.

I dont think this is necessary, since for example if you hit an enemy with a gas cloud caused by a lanka projectile, you dont gain any combo counter.

It's a very interesting gun, to be sure. It's pretty neat having a "super big explosive sniper shot" tied together with a sort of rapid-fire DMR with a scope.

The focus on AOE, status, and reliance on innate ammo conversion definitely means it's suited towards 'mobbing' and not 'boss fights', in the current state of things.

I also like just how damn *big* it is. Almost as tall as Oberon if you stand it on its end. Super bad-ass.

Now I have choose between this, Fulmin, and Stradavar Prime for my favorite primary for general use...decisions, decisions!

Maybe next we'll get a Warframe that has a passive for equipping an extra Primary...? Hehe.

Edited by TheGreenFellow
  • Like 2

On 2019-05-29 at 7:24 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is the point of having hundreds of weapons to make them all relatively unique? Wouldn’t making it more like the other sniper rifles just make it bland and generic?

The problem isn't that it's unique.  The problem is that it's useless.  OP mentioned level 50 enemies.   I can kill entire rooms of level 50's with one shot from an opticor vandal.  Why would I ever choose to use a sniper rifle that can't?

There is literally no niche for the weapon as it currently stands.  If you want to clear a room with a bad weapon, might I suggest the Prisma Tetra with Fomorian Accelerant?  At least that one is lulzy to play, especially in infested maps with those tight tunnels and smaller than normal rooms.