Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe Idea) DIASTIMA - The Amalgamated Warden

(XBOX)Drakrylos

Hey guys and gals! Since this is my first time bothering to make a Forum post, I figured that I'd go ahead and show off my idea for a new Warframe. 

To sum him up, his name is Diastima (Greek: διάστημα - diástima // English: Space), the Amalgamated Warden, the Cosmic Dystopian, the Amalgam Warframe... he's a Sentient-based :sentient: male Warframe that focuses on heavy crowd control, damage and tanking. Natah created Diastima by taking a Warframe and completely merging it with Sentient technology, effectively making an Amalgam Warframe. Diastima himself, after his amalgamation, is far more Sentient than Warframe.

Anyway, without further ado, here's Diastima's characteristics and stats:

WARFRAME STATISTICS

=Name: Diastima

=Gender: Male

=Theme: Sentient, Cosmic Destruction

=Health: 625 -> 2500 (rank 30) 

Diastima passively regenerates health at a rate of 5% per second.

=Shields: 0

=Armour: 700

=Energy: 200 -> 300 (rank 30)

=Sprint Speed: 1.00

=Role: Tank / Crowd Control / Damage

(Note: Similar to Wisp, Diastima floats above the ground in his idle animations and when he moves.)

ABILITIES

=Passive: Sentient Chitin

Every 200 damage dealt to Diastima will trigger a temporary 90% resistance to the primary damage source which lasts 30 seconds. Diastima can have up to 4 resistances active at once.

(Example: A Grineer Lancer shoots Diastima with a Grinlok. The Grinlok manages to deal 200 damage to Diastima either in one shot or by accumulating up to 200. Diastima gains a 90% resistance to Impact damage since the Grinlok's primary damage source is Impact. If the Grinlok deals 200 more damage, Diastima will gain a resistance to its second strongest damage source, and so on.)

(NOTE: Words in { } denote what Warframe stat it is affected by.)

(NOTE: Damage dealt by Diastima's abilities is NOT affected by armour.)

=Ability 1: Riftbreaker Cannon

Energy Cost: 25 {Efficiency}

Damage: 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 [:sentient:Tau Damage] {Strength}

Radius: 0.5m / 1m / 1.5m / 2m {Range}

Diastima fires a single energy blast with a small blast radius in the direction of where he's aiming that deals :sentient:Tau damage to whatever it hits. This ability has a synergy with Limbo: if Diastima is banished, enemies hit by Riftbreaker Cannon will be banished to the Rift Plane with him.

=Ability 2: Synergetic Repulse

Energy Cost: 50 {Efficiency}

Damage: 1000 / 1500/ 2000 / 2500 per resistance. {Not affected by mods}

Radius: 2.5m / 5m / 7.5m / 10m {Range}

Diastima releases his built up resistances in a violent radial energy burst that knocks back enemies and both deals damage of the resisted elements and triggers their status effects. Note that using Synergetic Repulse consumes Diastima's resistances, and cannot be used if no resistances are present.

=Ability 3: Starfall

Energy Cost: 75 {Efficiency}

Damage: 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 [:sentient:Tau Damage] per "meteor". {Strength}

Bombardment Area Radius: 10m / 15m / 20m / 25m {Range}

Bombardment Duration: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 seconds {Duration}

Stun Duration: 2.5 / 5 / 7.5 / 10 seconds {Duration}

Diastima calls down energy meteors from above to continuously bombard an area. Enemies that walk inside the area will be tracked by the meteors and struck by them, stunning them for a while.

=Ability 4, Ultimate: Supernova

Energy Cost: 100 {Efficiency}

Min Continuous Damage: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 [:sentient:Tau Damage] per second. {Strength}

Max Continuous Damage: 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 [:sentient:Tau Damage] per second. {Strength}

Explosion Damage: 1000 / 2000 / 3000 / 4000 [:sentient:Tau Damage] {Strength}

Pull Radius: 10m / 15m / 20m / 25m {Range}

Blast Radius: 10m / 20m / 30m / 40m {Range}

Pull and Continuous Damage Duration: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 seconds. {Duration}

Diastima generates a massive, volatile singularity that pulls enemies towards its centerpoint, dealing continuous damage that gets stronger the closer the enemies are to the center. If Supernova is recasted or its duration expires, the singularity will violently explode, causing even more damage to anything unfortunate enough to be caught in the blast radius.

And as an added extra...

=Ability 2 Augment: Resistant Synergy

Cost: 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 [Zenurik Polarity]

Ranks: 0 / 1 / 2 / 3

Synergetic Repulse Augment - Synergetic Repulse grants allies caught in the blast radius the resistances that Diastima released for 5 / 10  / 15 / 20 seconds.

=Ability 3 Augment: Sundering Starfall

Cost: 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 [Zenurik Polarity]

Ranks: 0 / 1 / 2 / 3

Starfall Augment - Starfall has a 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% chance to apply Corrosive status effects to whatever it hits.

Anyway, that's about it. Please know that I am fully open to constructive feedback and comments, and I genuinely hope that you guys like my idea. If Diastima were to make it into the game, it would be an absolute miracle.  

Edited by (XB1)Drakrylos
EDIT 1: Typo with statistics, accidentally misspelled as "statisics". /// EDIT 2 & 3: More typos.

Sorry to crack the branch, but this concept is WAY too powerful. Having a Max rank Adaptation as a passive, without the stacks is something DE will probably never consider implementing.

Also, this multi-role stuff seems to be okay-ish at first, but probably would become boring a while after. We can already play a god, no need to be a god by default.

As for the skillset, hmm... I am not really sold on that, innate armor ignore damage is again something i doubt DE will consider implementing (i know about bleed), but i may be wrong.

Maybe if you try to make him more specialized in one role and tweak the number, that would make him more appealing.

Just now, Laveillon said:

Sorry to crack the branch, but this concept is WAY too powerful. Having a Max rank Adaptation as a passive, without the stacks is something DE will probably never consider implementing.

Also, this multi-role stuff seems to be okay-ish at first, but probably would become boring a while after. We can already play a god, no need to be a god by default.

As for the skillset, hmm... I am not really sold on that, innate armor ignore damage is again something i doubt DE will consider implementing (i know about bleed), but i may be wrong.

Maybe if you try to make him more specialized in one role and tweak the number, that would make him more appealing.

That's the general idea, he's supposed to be a multirole Warframe. Also, we have Warframes like Mesa, Nidus, Inaros and Saryn that can do absolutely ridiculous amounts of damage and tanking respectively. Hell, a well-built Limbo can completely lock down entire large rooms, so I fail to see how he's too powerful. And come on, we all know just how powerful Hildryn is, combining the best aspects of tanking and DPS into one. The thing with Diastima here is that he would never out-tank an Inaros, nor out-DPS a Mesa, but he can run both roles effectively.

About his passive, it's far more limited than Adaptation in several ways:

-Getting hit again doesn't reset a resistance's timer, Adaptation does reset upon being hit again.

-Diastima can only have up to 4 resistances active at once, whereas Adaptation is limitless.

-It doesn't kick in instantly, 200 damage has to be dealt to Diastima before just one resistance kicks in. Adaptation kicks in and builds up stacks immediately.

-Multiple resistances cannot be of the same damage type. 

As for the armour penetration, there are some abilites that already do this. A prime example is Ash's Blade Storm. It's kind of necessary, otherwise Diastima would fall off too quickly, due to how ridiculous Warframe's enemy scaling is.

Another thing that balances out Diastima's tanking is that he doesn't have shields nor any form of lifesteal, meaning he would have to rely on his passive regen and external sources to restore HP.

I get what you mean, don't get me wrong. But to be honest, my main argument is that too many Warframes either fall off too quickly or are just plain useless in the current meta, so I tried my hardest to make sure that it isn't the case with Diastima.

The passive is completly OP.

Ability 1 is absolutly boring and having a synergy with anither Warframe is a really crappy idea.

Ability 2 Is also OP and boring.

Ability 3 is simply Hydroids 1, you even copied it's Augment as his Augment....

Ability 4 is simply Vaubans 4 with more damage.

The theme also doesn't make sense, since Amalgams are the combination of Corpus and Sentient technology and the Corpus didn't exist during the Orokin era, which leaves a pure Sentient hemed Warframe, namely Revenant...

12 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The passive is completly OP.

Ability 1 is absolutly boring and having a synergy with anither Warframe is a really crappy idea.

Ability 2 Is also OP and boring.

Ability 3 is simply Hydroids 1, you even copied it's Augment as his Augment....

Ability 4 is simply Vaubans 4 with more damage.

The theme also doesn't make sense, since Amalgams are the combination of Corpus and Sentient technology and the Corpus didn't exist during the Orokin era, which leaves a pure Sentient hemed Warframe, namely Revenant...

And this is constructive how, exactly? You basically just shat on my entire concept without any form of rational commentary nor opinion.

Also, no, you're wrong. Amalgams aren't just Corpus-Sentient hybrids, they're anything hybridized with Sentient tech. Ballas was the first Amalgam, and he's not even Corpus.

And the passive isn't OP, you just don't fully understand it. See my previous response to Laveillon for more information.

So your conclusion is that the Warframe is OP. Saying that is like saying that Wisp, Hildryn, Mesa, Saryn, Nidus and Inaros are OP.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

And this is constructive how, exactly?

I actually explained every point...

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

You basically just shat on my entire concept

Don't shoot the messenger...

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

Saying that is like saying that Wisp, Hildryn, Mesa, Saryn, Nidus and Inaros are OP.

This is a strawman argument. Stick to your own topic.

5 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I actually explained every point...

Don't shoot the messenger...

This is a strawman argument. Stick to your own topic.

"OP and boring" this, "OP and boring that". Yeah, REAL good explanations here.

I pointed out the error in your ways. Got a problem with it? You DID crap on my entire concept.

It's a fact though. Diastima would be on the same tier as them, theoretically speaking. Calling him OP would be like calling them OP. And I AM sticking to my own topic, that's why I'm here defending my concept from toxic, deconstructive critics like you.

Edited by (XB1)Drakrylos

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

"OP and boring" this, "OP and boring that". Yeah, REAL good explanations here.

Yes, because it is. A boring radial attack, which insane damage scaling...

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

I pointed out the error in your ways. Got a problem with it? You DID crap on my entire concept.

Youa re just throwing a tantrum because people point out your crappy concept.  Yes, I did crap on your concept, because it IS crap. Come up with better (a lot better) ideas and people will actually take you serious.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

It's a fact though. Diastima would be on the same tier as them, theoretically speaking. Calling him OP would be like calling them OP.

Please google what a strawman argument is.

6 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Yes, because it is. A boring radial attack, which insane damage scaling...

Youa re just throwing a tantrum because people point out your crappy concept.  Yes, I did crap on your concept, because it IS crap. Come up with better (a lot better) ideas and people will actually take you serious.

Please google what a strawman argument is.

I have a better suggestion.

Get off my topic.

vor 55 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Drakrylos:

I have a better suggestion.

Get off my topic.

As I already said, if you can't handle negative feedback, come up with better ideas.

Or grow up so you don't start a tantrum the moment people don't offer you a participation trophy.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

As I already said, if you can't handle negative feedback, come up with better ideas.

Or grow up so you don't start a tantrum the moment people don't offer you a participation trophy.

Constructive yet negative feedback is one thing, being a d-bag is another.

And if anyone needs to grow up here, it's you. At least I don't go around crapping on and nitpicking the living hell out of people's suggestions. Something you seem to be quite notorious for.

Now do us all a favour and get off this topic. Unless you want to have the last word like most of your kind does.

Edited by (XB1)Drakrylos

Oh MY **** GOD YOU TWO ARE JUST GOING ON ABOUT THIS....... look Drakrylos look at my concepts my suck ***and people tell me straight up and it take it into consideration I don't get angry or upset I just make adjustments to the Idea. I know a warframe concept is hard because so many of the Ideas we have are similar to the ones of other frames so don't lash out it's not wright and maybe Walkampf proactive is giving feedback were the person can make the adjustments with out felling offended I know the you were like"oh wow this warframe is BROKEN''. don't go on saying this sucks say stuff like how they can make it better while also saying the flaw they had but all in a POSITIVE way ok?got good well im out....BEY....

Edited by (XB1)Stealthbomb95
Because I spelled a word wrong