Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small idea for the next Nightwave

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

From what I've heard the next Nightwave is going to cater to the casuals who are only willing to put in a few hours a week but want everything the rest of us spend months to get, that isn't a good step forward, remember that the casuals aren't the ones who keep your game relevant, it's those who are willing to put the time and effort into it for meaningful rewards. 

So what I propose is to either A -have a Nightwave that scales with player level, meaning a lv5 will get a objective to play survival for 10 minutes and get 100 endo while a of 25 will get a objective to play a 1 hour survival but will get 1000 endo as a reward. These are just placeholders so don't think I'm saying 1k endo is enough to justify a 1 hour survival but you get the idea.

or B -have two tracks that players can choose from and will be locked into and can't opt out of later on, and it works similar to the above suggestion but instead of level based quests and rewards you can choose one depending on how much time you have to spare.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

From what I've heard the next Nightwave is going to cater to the casuals who are only willing to put in a few hours a week but want everything the rest of us spend months to get, that isn't a good step forward, remember that the casuals aren't the ones who keep your game relevant, it's those who are willing to put the time and effort into it for meaningful rewards. 

You are forgetting that some people are busy. They have jobs, lives and other commitments. Should DE not try and cater to these people? Many people would like to play more, but due to other commitments they cannot. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

remember that the casuals aren't the ones who keep your game relevant

Are they? i always thought casuals are the majority, and the one who spend lot of moneys.

Seems like other suggestions are better than what it was, but i'd rather like to see "everything you do led to nightwave progress" way.

Like, 100 standings for every hack, 10 for every kill,1500 for hydrolist hunt, 500 for mission clear and so on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Like, 100 standings for every hack, 10 for every kill,1500 for hydrolist hunt, 500 for mission clear and so on.

Wouldn't that lead to a farming meta where everyone farms whatever gives the most xp and finishes the Nightwave within a week or so before completing about burnout on the forums?

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

You are forgetting that some people are busy. They have jobs, lives and other commitments. Should DE not try and cater to these people? Many people would like to play more, but due to other commitments they cannot. 

Whatever the reason, casual is casual and no one part of the community should be abandoned for the sake of another, which is why I also suggested the one where we get to choose a difficulty so it's entirely up to the players on wether or not they want to grind for their rewards. I'm also basically a casual, I don't go over an hour in any endurance and usually play a hour or two per day but I hate how they're nerfing the challenges that imo weren't even that difficult except for the ones where we had to gild stuff, everything else were things we did quite regularly including quests with friends

5 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Wouldn't that lead to a farming meta where everyone farms whatever gives the most xp and finishes the Nightwave within a week or so before completing about burnout on the forums?

Blame DE, that's the balance issue.

6 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Nightwave is not an endgame content with an exclussive membership. First and formost, it a replacement for Alerts and caters to all players, including newbies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Whatever the reason, casual is casual and no one part of the community should be abandoned for the sake of another, which is why I also suggested the one where we get to choose a difficulty so it's entirely up to the players on wether or not they want to grind for their rewards. I'm also basically a casual, I don't go over an hour in any endurance and usually play a hour or two per day but I hate how they're nerfing the challenges that imo weren't even that difficult except for the ones where we had to gild stuff, everything else were things we did quite regularly including quests with friends

You forgot that nightwave replaced alerts with were for everyone and was mostly used for new  players for some resource that they could not get easy. Now they have a hard time getting the aura, nitains,  some weapons, vauban, and you want to make it worse for then??

14 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Nightwave is not an endgame content with an exclussive membership. First and formost, it a replacement for Alerts and caters to all players, including newbies.

8 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

You forgot that nightwave replaced alerts with were for everyone and was mostly used for new  players for some resource that they could not get easy. Now they have a hard time getting the aura, nitains,  some weapons, vauban, and you want to make it worse for then??

Feel free to correct me if you're 100% certain I'm wrong, but I remember DE themselves saying Nightwave was meant for veterans before everyone came to cry on the forums about how they didn't get showered in rewards for doing barely anything most of the time.

And again, one of my suggestions is a choice between regular and hard so he's players can still farm their auras and Nitains while anyone like myself who wants a challenge can get one 

7 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Feel free to correct me if you're 100% certain I'm wrong, but I remember DE themselves saying Nightwave was meant for veterans before everyone came to cry on the forums about how they didn't get showered in rewards for doing barely anything most of the time.

And again, one of my suggestions is a choice between regular and hard so he's players can still farm their auras and Nitains while anyone like myself who wants a challenge can get one 

DO you have prof? because I don't remember it, and there ins'r nothing like it in the devs posts about nightwave. I am not saying that should ot have reward for high level players, but first and foremost, alerts were, most of the time, things that new players had to look foward. Veterans, at least the ones I knew, ignored then most of the time, nitain excluded.