Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trackers, Data, And All the Worldstate Things

Tobiah

2 minutes ago, Tobiah said:

For that matter, nightmare missions, too. They both suffer the problem of being too easily lost.

Agreed, I forgot that since they are seldom as run for me but if you are looking for quick nightmare runs for some easy farm overtime it would help tremendously.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is a need?

Yes. Redtext outside of Warframe is very helpful for people who may be in another game/on mobile with Discord when an update goes live. There is no negative outcome from adding everything @Tobiah listed cleanly for Worldstate improvement. More external data for community tools is always awesome to see.

I would be very pleased to see Kuva Flood/Siphon data, Arbitrations, and Redtext information.

Edited by Voltage

I really want to get on a soap box and proselytize.

This is 2020. More successful companies make it standard practice to build APIs for everything, and to use those APIs themselves. Drink the cool-aid, as it were.

If every piece of information is developed as an API to begin with, then giving the players access to that data becomes trivial, and future development becomes easier.

On 2019-06-13 at 12:23 AM, Maziani said:

I really want to get on a soap box and proselytize.

This is 2020. More successful companies make it standard practice to build APIs for everything, and to use those APIs themselves. Drink the cool-aid, as it were.

If every piece of information is developed as an API to begin with, then giving the players access to that data becomes trivial, and future development becomes easier.

A bit of our... "lament" is that we know such private API exist, but we (obviously, cause private) aren't allowed to use or access them.

Some of them, it makes sense: updating inventory, getting user data; but on the flip side are the untold wonders we could do with access to the simpler, more non-invasive ones that are known, like getting a user's profile data, or current loadout. Think of the tools we could build, and not beg DE constantly for, like the extension they teased and ultimately abandoned for streamers to get their current loadout on-stream!

• 4 weeks later...