Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter projectile: Bug or intended?

DeeDeetheSpy

For the longest time I loved, loved, loved using the Miter with Ivara's Navigator. SOme point in the past 12 months though there was something put in that causes the projectile to depspawn after about 2-3 seconds and it is driving me nuts. It was my favorite pairing of weapon and frame and really would like it back again.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-06-13 at 3:42 AM, DeeDeetheSpy said:

For the longest time I loved, loved, loved using the Miter with Ivara's Navigator. SOme point in the past 12 months though there was something put in that causes the projectile to depspawn after about 2-3 seconds and it is driving me nuts. It was my favorite pairing of weapon and frame and really would like it back again.

The entirety of Navigator's interaction between many projectile based weapons has been broken for a long time now. This sadly stretches all the way back to sometime in November or December of 2017. (Reddit bug post of people noting the arca plasmor interaction between navigator being broken back in 30 Dec 2017

The point I'm making is that all projectile interactions between Ivara's navigator have been broken since around that time. Basically what occurs right now is that if the projectile is set to explode after X amount of time, then you will be kicked out of navigator and be forcibly returned back to Ivara. It used to be that navigator could control a projectile until Ivara ran out of energy. Example would be like the Talons - which is thrown projectile that can be controlled by navigator, but will automatically explode after 8 seconds of flight time. It used to be that navigator would override this time restriction and you could stay and buff the projectile for as long as you had energy in Ivara. Navigator is greatly bugged atm.

Why does the miter's sawblade explode/die off after a certain amount of time? I have no idea why, but that's the root of the issue and it occurs on many weapons, except for glaives and arrows because those projectiles do not explode after X amount of time. Any projectile that explodes after X amount of time, you're basically getting kicked out of navigator early whenever you control it.

Granted, Ivara's navigator + glaive interaction is also experiencing a client host issue as well that I'm hoping gets fixed as well.

Of course I'd like to get Ivara's navigator fixed again so that she's able to use more projectile based weapons without a time restriction limit because adding another restriction on navigator is just plain silly. Navigator is already restricted to projectile based weapons only and Ivara's energy pool. Adding the projectile exploding after X amount of time is even more restrictive. Projectile weapons that explode early, before getting fully buffed by navigator's maximum damage buff is driving me nuts too. Navigator is one of Ivara's most under-utilized abilities and I would like to see it get some bug-fixing. Navigator is Ivara's weapon buffing damage ability, it's supposed to be an awesome "burn through tons of energy, but get a super cool 1 shot projectile in return" type of package (besides it's utility synergy usage with quiver).

Though, special mention to those Ivara eidolon huntresses that have managed to make navigator work, even in its current buggy state, they are amazing.

Miter with Ivara is also a nice combo too I agree. Been running with the augment that blows up nully bubbles and it's pretty sweet to use with her navigator too. It's sad to see this combo got killed as well since 2017. I do hope all of this gets fixed eventually, been over a year and a half waiting for this to get fixed.

Edited by BlindStalker

On 2019-07-09 at 3:37 AM, yles9056 said:

I thought everyone is using Zenistar with Navigator. The combo is so good that there's barely any reason to choose other weapons over Zenistar in regular missions.

For personally, me, don't do it just because it isn't all that fun. I like Miter with the 5 punch through and go through doors and used to go several rooms away.