Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Splinter Storm - Problem with targeting self

Grimpins

Question

Hi Guys,

I recently got Gara and when using Splinter Storm, I often end up casting it on random things around me. I learned to awkwardly look straight up when casting to avoid pointing the crosshair at anything, and it helps most of the time, but not always. I get that it's a useful intentional mechanic, but was wondering if there's a better, reliable way to cast it on oneself 100% of the time.

Something like "tap to cast on target, hold to cast on self" would be very handy. I'd appreciate any other tips you might have.

Cheers and see you in the field. 😊

Grimpins

8 answers to this question

Nope.... I've played Gara for months now and I just kinda learned to live with how stupid it is....

It became less of a problem when doing missions where letting Splinter Storm fall off meant certain death....

So.... you already know that Mass Vitrify Refreshes Splinter Storm's Duration Right ? If not then that should help..... alil bit....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimpins said:

I recently got Gara and when using Splinter Storm, I often end up casting it on random things around me.

I thought you had to have one running on yourself before you could cast it on others. Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I thought it worked. Primarily based on me never having the issue you are describing. As in, not even once.

Edited by krc473
I was wrong
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I thought you had to have one running on yourself before you could cast it on others. Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I thought it worked. Primarily based on me never having the issue you are describing. As in, not even once.

Nope.... theres no order...  you can cast it on whatever even if you don't have it running on yourself....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Nope.... theres no order...  you can cast it on whatever even if you don't have it running on yourself....

Well, that is my mistake. I will edit. Apparently it is just not an issue for me then.

• Like 1

The skill seems a bit wonky tbh; cast animation and sound are there, but the skill doesn't activate at all or it does activate and then turns off after a couple of seconds. My solution is to jump and cast while in the air to avoid targeting issues and the failed cast 😄

• Like 2

Point at the ground or a wall.

Ideally though you should only need to cast it once manually. Things don't always work out but refreshing it via her 4th on yourself and the team is much less annoying. I often simply destroy the wall right after refreshing Splinter Storm with it. 90% DR tends to be more useful to the group than her wall and less annoying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grimpins said:

Thanks guys, helps to know I wasn't just missing something. Mass Vitrify is a big help for sure, but only if you have enough energy left to cast it after a couple of failed Splinter Storm attempts. 🙄

And thats why I rarely play her lately.... 

Too much of a pain in the ass.