The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers, The Most Cherry picked & Inconsistent Enemy

Xzorn

Been a while since one of these for some reason. Maybe we've all given up?

I'm gunna go one more round anyways and point out things which make Nullifiers the worst designed enemy in Warframe.

• Drone hides behind Bubble / Drone has x10 eHP of the unit / Drone cannot be inflicted with Status
  • Drone can be Crit while other Objects like Rampharts cannot. Is it an object or a unit? If it's a unit Status should apply
  • Abilities cannot target enemies inside a Nully bubble but they can target inside the bubble
  • Valkyr's Ripline does not work on enemies but does work on Terrain.
  • Mag's Pull does not work on enemies. Greedy Pull works on Objects
  • Abilities that manifest outside the bubble can inflict damage on the bubble unless it's inconvenient ie Wisp & Rev 4th ability
    • Frost's Freeze will damage
    • Ember's Fireball will damage
    • Octavia's Mallet will damage
    • Ash's Shurikens will damage
  • Inaros buff poof, Rhino buff poof, Duality poof, Nidus slowly degenerates, Wuclone slowly loses health,
  • Radial weapon damage will apply to Nullifier bubbles unless it's ground based. These are weapons mind you; not Warframe abilities.
    • Zernistar Disc works
    • Ferrox AoE alt-fire does not work
    • Caustacyst ground AoE does not work
    • Torrid Cloud works
    • Pox Cloud works
  • Void based abilities from Operators are shut down by Nullifiers. These are not Warframe powers.
  • Arcane effects are not shut down by Nullifiers. These are also not Warframe powers.

It pains me this enemy & mechanic has been looked into at least twice with reworks and still has this much inconsistency. 

Given it was one of the first steps of murdering CC in Warframe I have a personal hatred for this enemy so I'm not even going to bring up argument to it's purpose or effect on the game but DE needs to draw a line here with what works and what doesn't work. Especially since this mechanic has been forced into roughly 3/4 of the game at this point.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Also, where did the whole "the bubble will resize to fit the environment so as not to hide the drone through level geometry" end up? It was never a thing

Most of the time, the drone is wedged up somewhere, so, you're not even gonna see it until you've brought the shield down almost all the way.

Since OP mentioned them shutting down Operators and Arcanes, I believe they also disable Channeling, which is bad news for the three people that still use it.

Edited by Nok-Rntha

9 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Also, where did the whole "the bubble will resize to fit the environment so as not to hide the drone through level geometry" end up? It was never a thing

I actually cut out a slight rant claiming changes to this mechanic have been mostly placebo or just nerfs to Warframe abilities and not truly addressing the impact they have on the game but that topic has been done countless times I think so I'm going for the "Draw a line in the sand" motion with this.

• Like 1

I'll just add that besides all those issues, they spawn far too often. I wouldn't have that much problem if they didn't spawn all the time. I was doing ESO the other day and level 2 was corrupted in this small sea lab map, full of nullifiers and ancient healers. Orb Vallis has a similar problem with combas, where they spawn one after another. Come on, I can get wanting to restrict players abilities, but spamming is not a good way to do it, especially of a unit that effectively removes gameplay.

I think nullifiers would be better if they cleansed other units from statuses and crowd control and provided protection, but didn't outright cancel everything they touch. I don't think handicapping the player is a good way to build difficulty, we get all these abilities only to have them removed but a relatively common unit.

I dont mind Nullifiers much anymore. They get deleted pretty much instantly by various weapons and Amps.

If I choose to go into a mission ill equipped with none of these things, well thats on me.

Also, if i may ask, why do you even bother shooting the drone at all? I havent purposely shot that thing in years lol.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)SpIitSnake said:

Also, if i may ask, why do you even bother shooting the drone at all? I havent purposely shot that thing in years lol.

I don't. Ever. Just as I never go inside the bubble because at higher levels it's pretty much suicide.

I don't even wana get started on combat with Nullifiers because I've seen the horrors they cause past Sorties levels.

This post is more pointing out all the flaws in their design because the argument of their purpose or how to combat them has been covered a thousand times over. Yet despite the high volume of attention this enemy has gotten it remains inconsistent with cherry picked rule exceptions simply because DE didn't like a result.

Put simply I want the rules laid out. A player shouldn't have to guess if something will work or not.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

And then you have arbitration drones inside the bubble attached to the nullifier drone.

Honestly I've hardly done Arbitrations. I bought the mods I wanted and the scaling was Linear which was discouraging.

I'm also kinda done with all the Immune crap going around. I just don't even want to deal with it because it forces me to play certain frames.

The revive mechanic still seems bad also. Like why did I max Arcanes if I can't get my revives out of them? Now that it scales faster I might give it a go.

Reason why I run with a tanky Inaros nowadays for arbitration (still chasing after that burning steps). I think DE patch that weird senario already. But it was a nightmare for most frames then. Can't shoot it since arbitration drone makes it immune to damage. Can't use ability either. On top of that the bubble keeps growing till it fills the whole room while shielding everything inside of it. Luckily I have a wide range zaw to deal with it. But not my team mates.