Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is my Wisp build?

(PSN)AstralSaiyan

Question

Not the best at building frames and would like some opinions about my build. Most people just use Wisp for her 1 but I also like using her 3 and 4, so I wanted to try and make a build that could work with all three. I would like a bit more duration but Narrow Minded brings my range to 40% and I just cant deal with that.  The Build

For weapons I use my Catchmoon and my Plague zaw. 

11 answers to this question

I'd ditch constitution/augur message for adaptation, simply because in higher builds, the health regen can't keep up with how much damage enemies are dealing. you'll be pretty unkillable with adaptation on and duration isn't really that necessary with her

• Like 2

hmm. well if you're going to use Sol Gate, your Efficiency/Duration balance is not very high on either so it's gonna be kinda expensive to use.
i think you'd ergo kinda want to swap Augur Message for a partial Rank Fleeting Expertise, to get costs to be more favorable. and then yeah, Adaptation is pretty important for almost everything, basically a mandatory Mod.

ofcourse to get things really favorable then you'd... probably use Streamline rather than Flow i guess? elsewise you're probably going to be using Pizzas quite a bit. unless you're going to be using Energize which then nevermind it won't matter and just find space for Adaptation on top of the Health you're going to have.

• Like 1

Sadly I do not have Adaptation. So to get good stats for Sol Gate what should I swap out and with what? Not sure I have a partial ranked Fleeting. So change Flow out with Streamline? Sorry I just want to get a good build to do high level content. I was using this build earlier in sortie and the last one I downed 4 times which was frustrating because I have done 3 sorties so far with Wisp and haven't been downed. 

And thanks for the replies!

Edited by (PS4)MegaToxic
word fix

Wisp is a middle road frame like many of the newer designs. Generally you will not want to go negative with any stats.

Range will improve her CC potential through Electric status and Blind which I find very useful.

Duration mostly affects your upkeep with her motes. If you're camping you don't need much.

Power you either need for Sol Gate or you need it for Mote performance. It also improves ambient Rad CC with her Blind.

Personally I don't bother with more than Vitality on Wisp. She has 3 forms of CC, can turn invisible and invulnerable.

These are the three builds I have on deck. First is my most used, focusing on CC, projecting her blind from aim-glide and hopping off walls in the cover of invisibility then dropping into the CC'd mass and killing. Second is more based on Sol Gate which procs a lot of extra Rad CC, does decent damage but locks her from using her Blind. Third is my least used which tries to work a more on-the-go play style using higher duration motes for less re-cast upkeep.

VtEZvAs.jpg

3 hours ago, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

Sadly I do not have Adaptation. So to get good stats for Sol Gate what should I swap out and with what? Not sure I have a partial ranked Fleeting. So change Flow out with Streamline? Sorry I just want to get a good build to do high level content. I was using this build earlier in sortie and the last one I downed 4 times which was frustrating because I have done 3 sorties so far with Wisp and haven't been downed. 

And thanks for the replies!

Tbh, I’d ditch blind rage for augur secrets since you don’t need that much strength and the efficiency increase will make your 4th last longer. If you have arcane energize then keep primed flow, if not then replace it with streamline. and I highly suggest you get adaptation, buy it if you have to since it’s not that expensive (20-40p) and should save you plenty in sorties or higher content 

What's with the Adaptation crew? You guys putting Adaptation on Banshee these days?

She's got 3 CC effects, Invis and Invuln. If you're getting hit enough to justify Adaptation something is wrong.

I recomment not to not use Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude. Many use that style but it severly reduces Wisp's use outside of stationary missions.

Also, The Sol Gate doesn't need that much power to be useful. The ability has pretty much a 100% status rate and can prok Heat, Radiantion and(if you have the haste mote) Corrosive. No matter where you point that thing, all enemies get heavily delayed and weakened.

You should also never underestimate Will-O-wisp. You are basically invisible while that ability is active and the additional cast point for BreachSurge enables you to fight on two points at once, not to forget that you can teleport with it.

Wisp has quite a lot of health when you have the mote so I use Hunter Adrenalin to restock so I can use all abilities when I need to, Though that might not be needed if you are a Zenurik.

Just been playing and forma'ing Wisp this morning. 

Went with MCGamerCZ build, and another slot based on the Grind Hard Squad end game build, they also have a build based on the 4th ability. 

Probably going with a v and - and a - on the eximus slot. 3 forma in all.

Okay so I ending up getting myself Adaptation and maxed it out. I have put 8 forma into Wisp trying to work out a build. I thought the more strength the better. I liked how have two umbra mods books str by 20% but maybe it isn't worth it since I don't have an Umbra Forma. 

Forgot to add I do not own any arcanes as I do not run Eidolon hunts much. Probably should for energize though. 

Xzorn, I am taking your builds into consideration. 

Edited by (PS4)MegaToxic

On 2019-06-30 at 1:21 PM, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

Okay so I ending up getting myself Adaptation and maxed it out. I have put 8 forma into Wisp trying to work out a build. I thought the more strength the better. I liked how have two umbra mods books str by 20% but maybe it isn't worth it since I don't have an Umbra Forma. 

You could try my build it's also 8 forma. And like you said, the more strength the better.

Here's my reservoir Wisp build:

73EosBe.png

P4dkRWr.png