Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

YOUR NEKROS PRIME IS COMING IN A WEEK OR SO

10 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

If a product doesn't work, you don't keep using it. Duh!

Twitch is not something you "stop using" for a no name alternative.

That is like saying you no Longer Accept Visa or Mastercard for payments and now only accept "Orange Card" cause too many people keep using stolen visa cards.

Twitch is an extremely popular platform, its the players which are impatient. 

14 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

You would think the techs (both at DE and Twitch) would grow a brain and realize (after 3 years of trying) that 300k viewers is a bit much for the Twitch-Drop system and something needs reworked or supported for special events like this.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

They did do something. They manually ran a script that made sure everyone got what they were supposed to last time. That’s why they gave the one week deadline, so they have time to fix drops that didn’t work. Also, twitch is probably trying to fix the twitch drop system? Maybe? They seem like a big boy company that can at least try to do that.

I just wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to send out redeemable codes out to players. But I guess it'd probably bog down the site, lord knows I couldn't log in during the stream since everyone was trying to last minute link their account.

il y a 3 minutes, Morrow a dit :

I just wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to send out redeemable codes out to players. But I guess it'd probably bog down the site, lord knows I couldn't log in during the stream since everyone was trying to last minute link their account.

Honestly it would have been much easyier. But the thing is with that solution. People could just claim it and not watch the stream. The goal was to bring people to watch the tennocon (Even though i'd have problably preferred playing the game xD.. Im more about discovering it once it's there than knowing it's coming.)

Edited by Thorz_Frame

Spoiler

Just now, Thorz_Frame said:

Honestly it would have been much easyier. But the thing is with that solution. People could just claim it and not watch the stream. The goal was to bring people to watch the tennocon (Even though i'd have problably preferred playing the game xD)

It could still use the time function, but I'd wager sending out a simple code (maybe randomized to prevent sharing) would be faster to send than whatever they have to do to add things directly to our inventory.

If it was a twitch drop though, shouldn't it be in your twitch inventory to begin with ? People could then claim it via twitch, might make it easyier, might just blow up the servers too. Eh, who know. Im just not even sure how they did it lol

Might be good to boost those servers during that kind of event to stop it from crashing entirely too.

Edited by Thorz_Frame

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Thorz_Frame said:

If it was a twitch drop though, shouldn't it be in your twitch inventory to begin with ? People could then claim it via twitch, might make it easyier, might just blow up the servers too. Eh, who know. Im just not even sure how they did it lol

Might be good to boost those servers during that kind of event to stop it from crashing entirely too.

Yeah, I guess you'd have to know what was going on in their end to know what would be the best solution, though that isn't to say that the knowledge of what's going on would necessarily mean you'd know what to do.

il y a 7 minutes, Morrow a dit :
  Révéler le contenu masqué

Yeah, I guess you'd have to know what was going on in their end to know what would be the best solution, though that isn't to say that the knowledge of what's going on would necessarily mean you'd know what to do.

But knowing how something work, sure does help in finding better solution 😛. All we knew is that we had to watch 30min consecutively and then i guess your account was flagged, looked at, if your warframe account was linked, then put you on a list. But even then there must be flaw in how it check for the time because i've yet to see my ephemera even though i've had watched the stream from 2PM till the end lol. Only got the Nekros.

Edited by Thorz_Frame

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Thorz_Frame said:

But knowing how something work, sure does help in finding better solution 😛. All we knew is that we had to watch 30min consecutively and then i guess your account was flagged, looked at, if your warframe account was linked, then put you on a list. But even then there must be flaw in how it check for the time because i've yet to see my ephemera even though i've had watched the stream from 2PM till the end lol. Only got the Nekros.

I'm fairly certain it has to do with processing speed. A couple of transactions may seem nearly instantaneous to us, but they do take time, and you compound that with the sheer volume of players trying to get their ephemera/frame, any inefficiency is going to be much more apparent.

Sorry you haven't gotten yours yet. They must not be rewarding on a first come first serve basis though, since I only started watching about 45 min before the developer portion of the stream began, and I got both the ephemera and frame this afternoon.

il y a 4 minutes, Morrow a dit :
  Révéler le contenu masqué

I'm fairly certain it has to do with processing speed. A couple of transactions may seem nearly instantaneous to us, but they do take time, and you compound that with the sheer volume of players trying to get their ephemera/frame, any inefficiency is going to be much more apparent.

Sorry you haven't gotten yours yet. They must not be rewarding on a first come first serve basis though, since I only started watching about 45 min before the developer portion of the stream began, and I got both the ephemera and frame this afternoon.

Eh, maybe. Not worrying too much about it. I'd sure love to get it, but if it's bugged and i never see it in the end, probably gonna be pissed off a bit about it since i like limited stuff lol. But it's not the end of the world.

Let's hope everything is going to be fine in the end at least.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Thorz_Frame said:

Eh, maybe. Not worrying too much about it. I'd sure love to get it, but if it's bugged and i never see it in the end, probably gonna be pissed off a bit about it since i like limited stuff lol. But it's not the end of the world.

Let's hope everything is going to be fine in the end at least.

Well, if you don't get it, there's always customer support 🤷‍♂️