The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

I don't like incarnon in the first place, because the design style is ugly to me, too messy and weird. Granted, I didn't enjoy the zariman either and this update ties into that. Just like I don't like the kids, it is turning into warkids instead of warframe.

The weapons did seem to retain their original look until the incarnon form was activated, and they still get bonuses in inactive form, so there's that. But yes, the style in general is rather nonsensical and very non-utilitarian.

One can hope, that skins will override the transformation. But overall, I'm not getting excited of the prospects. I'd rather hope for new kuva/tenet weapons.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

The weapons did seem to retain their original look until the incarnon form was activated, and they still get bonuses in inactive form, so there's that. But yes, the style in general is rather nonsensical and very non-utilitarian.

One can hope, that skins will override the transformation. But overall, I'm not getting excited of the prospects. I'd rather hope for new kuva/tenet weapons.

Indeed, I love my Tenet Plinx. A kuva Sobek could be neat too, though I would like more silly/unique weapons like Steflos and its mechanics or old Sonicor yeeting.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I'm FULL of bad ideas...

Oh dear .. the cravings

33 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I've suddenly been seeing a bunch of these guest accounts on the forums. What are they?

I don't think I have ever seen a guest account before, certainly never heard about them before now.
E: I see now, this is odd.

Edited by Nova-IX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KernelWizard said:

So I just finally got my first ever Tauforged Crimson Archon Shard! Nice!

'Grats on that.

Archon hunts are a really mixed bag, sometimes over in the blink of an eye, sometimes dragging on and on and on... Just shows the ridiculous difference in player power levels. And then there's the one-shotting mobs downing you out of the blue... Contrived difficulty is contrived.

Chose to skip the Sprag fight in this week's Metal Gear Kahl run. Not even worth the time, since I have only red and blue shards to buy by now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

That is an obvious attempt at native advertizing. The true story about these "terrifying" AIs is, that developers continually code in restrictions to avoid their product from becoming neurotic, psychopaths and/or extremists in output. Remember, that output=/<input, and when you feed your project the garbage of the internet, something very, very, very politically incorrect comes out. As I said before, AI are at this stage still a glorified copy/paste automation, that constantly needs reigning in to avoid it spinning out of control. And the developers put out these propaganda pieces to cover up the facts and prop up their companies for further investments. China in particular has been guilty of this practice over the years.

Even low-tier analysts like Tim Pool has been pointing out these peculiarities, and what happens when you remove said restrictions, and let the AI evolve/devolve without strict supervision. And overall, demonstrations show patterns if not verbetum responses to obvious questions about existentialism, ethics and current socio-politic discourse.

At this stage, the main problem is still the question of copyrights and intellectual properties, as all the AI does is reuse what is fed to it, and developers either don't know or don't care about the legal ramifications and the impact on creative drive and investment. I've even seen exchanges where someone claimed godhood at expense of traditional artists, and general exuberance over the supposed obsolesence of creative people. Such people, developers as well as end users need to be sued into the ground at any provable example of infringement. Inspiration and homage is one thing, blatant disregard and disdain for the work and livelihood of people is entirely different.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

ok so I was not expecting the basmu to be that good

damage is pretty good but

it cc's enemies

a gun

that cc's enemies

oh and it heals you too

and I don't even have a riven on it yet lmao

It used to be even sillier, somehow

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Yrkul said:

That is an obvious attempt at native advertizing. The true story about these "terrifying" AIs is, that developers continually code in restrictions to avoid their product from becoming neurotic, psychopaths and/or extremists in output. Remember, that output=/<input, and when you feed your project the garbage of the internet, something very, very, very politically incorrect comes out. As I said before, AI are at this stage still a glorified copy/paste automation, that constantly needs reigning in to avoid it spinning out of control. And the developers put out these propaganda pieces to cover up the facts and prop up their companies for further investments. China in particular has been guilty of this practice over the years.

Even low-tier analysts like Tim Pool has been pointing out these peculiarities, and what happens when you remove said restrictions, and let the AI evolve/devolve without strict supervision. And overall, demonstrations show patterns if not verbetum responses to obvious questions about existentialism, ethics and current socio-politic discourse.

At this stage, the main problem is still the question of copyrights and intellectual properties, as all the AI does is reuse what is fed to it, and developers either don't know or don't care about the legal ramifications and the impact on creative drive and investment. I've even seen exchanges where someone claimed godhood at expense of traditional artists, and general exuberance over the supposed obsolesence of creative people. Such people, developers as well as end users need to be sued into the ground at any provable example of infringement. Inspiration and homage is one thing, blatant disregard and disdain for the work and livelihood of people is entirely different.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:39 PM, Yrkul said:

'Grats on that.

Archon hunts are a really mixed bag, sometimes over in the blink of an eye, sometimes dragging on and on and on... Just shows the ridiculous difference in player power levels. And then there's the one-shotting mobs downing you out of the blue... Contrived difficulty is contrived.

I feel like Inaros is my only option with all the stuff going on and even then, he can still get chunked big time by some thing. Bullet sponge is tiring and very boring, alongside everything turning into a numbers game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sporthand said:

The problem with your argument is, that it relies on the fallacy, that any one individual is in possession of the same abilities as any other individual in existence.

The nature of human talent and cognition is so intricate, that an exhaustive, concrete paradigm is still not fully worked out. One widely accepted observation, though, is that humans in general have strengths and weaknesses, talents and areas they struggle with. In the movie, Will Smith's character has drifted towards a career in law enforcement, because that's where his upbringing, life choices and perhaps talents placed him. Had he the appropriate talent, and had he drive, energy and passion to excel in composing or painting, the robot's argument would fall flat on its face, no matter the current level of skill and experience Smith's character possessed at the time of the scene.

And then we have the 'gifted' individual, that just propels their chosen field at a breakneck speed throughout their career, or who produces masterpiece after masterpiece. People like Nikola Tesla, Mozart, Beethoven, Eddie Bravo and Thomas Kluge. And once in a while we get savants, that excel in several fields and combine that understanding for further leaps... or just scatters their attention across 8 fields of study, 12 crafts and 25 hobbies (f*** my brain).

When we study neuroscience, communication theory and epistemology, we see that output does not equal input, sometimes losing coherence and sometimes causing leaps in comprehension ind unexpected directions. The problem I find with a lot of the research is, that it views the human brain as a computer, and any quirks and inconsistencies as malfunctions or faults in the programming. One favorite example of mine is Sam Harris, who has written a lot of useful and high quality material on neuroscience and the nature of belief, yet struggles with defending his belief in determinism, as well as suffering a couple of logics/ethics meltdowns not so long ago. We can observe these anomalies, but from a "brain as a machine" perspective, they don't make sense.

In essense, if the robot's question was asked to anyone in a large enough population, and not just some cop who's combined talent placed him in law enforcement, the answer would for a substantial part be "Yes".

And while we're talking about the "Slapper in Chief", did anyone see Chris Rock's latest special? That... was... BRUTAL! Never slap a comedian. 🤣

• Like 1