The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some veteran newb questions.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Question

-Pets

Does anyone know how pets affect Affinity splits for your gear?   The XP I get from other people... 50% goes to my frame and the rest is split between my gear...  Does that include my pet???

Does the XP my pet earns get split up between my frame/weapons at all?? Cuz my Deth Mgun is pretty deadly at low levels and thats usually what my pets all use.  

-void traces

Does loot drop abilities like Nekro/Hydroid/khora/ivara affect void trace dropping???

Does smeeta affect how much void trace can be picked up?? 

I never even thought about this but I saw someone asking for specific crap to trace farm the other day.  

Do you earn more void trace after a fissure if you have been using a relic vs not using any???  (is the increase i "notice" just from people picking my relics? I KNOW I get +5 trace from each person who picks one of my relics,  but I notice trace number difficerences of 9 for not taking to 20+ for taking one...  

6 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Does loot drop abilities like Nekro/Hydroid/khora/ivara affect void trace dropping???

no

17 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

yes

18 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Do you earn more void trace after a fissure if you have been using a relic vs not using any??? 

no

9 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Does that include my pet???

Nope.... 

Well I mean your pet does Benefit from Affinity sharing but its not siphoning any XP that would otherwise be going anywhere else.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

-void traces

Nope.... they only affect Reactant drops.... not Void Traces...

12 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

If your kitty's Affinity buff is active it will double whatever Void traces you get when collecting the 10th Reactant.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I never even thought about this but I saw someone asking for specific crap to trace farm the other day.

Really ? 

Theres not many ways that Tenno can benefit from each other when it comes to traces.... as far as I know the only way another player can give you more traces is if they pick the reward from your relic. Beyond that you'd have to get a Booster. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Do you earn more void trace after a fissure if you have been using a relic vs not using any???  

This is something I would also like to know. Particularly if im doing fissures Solo. 

Ok let me reprase...  

Does loot drop abilities affect REACTANT drops ??? 

*edit oh you said they DO affect it...  that sucks... no wonder its always taking to the last minute in some missions to get reactant.  I always just take whatever  frame im rocking that day.   I need to dust off my Nekros.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

31 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

10 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is something I would also like to know. Particularly if im doing fissures Solo. 

No.

I sometimes get 50 traces from no Relic runs and sometimes only 7 even with radiant vaulted relics

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Ok let me reprase...  

Does loot drop abilities affect REACTANT drops ??? 

Well it is an enemy drop, so it should work, unfortunately I can't test it right now, so I can't be sure

Now about the affinity split and pets, all companions get a "separate" amount of xp, meaning you can go xp farming with a companion without worrying about it stealing your xp

Edited by (XB1)Rylor Threev